July 14, 2022, 1:14pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,451
Gold Stars: 115
The day of the Orient game.

Might make getting there a bit of a challenge for both sets of supporters

Bet we still sell out though  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
GrimRob
July 14, 2022, 1:21pm

I think there are 2 days

https://www.cityam.com/breakin.....d-strike-on-july-30/

Chiltern, GWR, LNER,  London Overground, Northern, Southeastern, TransPennine and West Midlands.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 1 - 55
Les Brechin
July 14, 2022, 1:22pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 55
Limerick Mariner
July 14, 2022, 1:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,747
Gold Stars: 138
East Mids still working then - Nottm to St Pancras
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 55
Hagrid
July 14, 2022, 1:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 537
Ffs. Booked my tickets from newark 3 weeks ago
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 55
Chrisblor
July 14, 2022, 1:43pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,961
Gold Stars: 241
Shapps you awful girl private, pay the railway workers what they deserve!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 55
Hagrid
July 14, 2022, 1:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
absolutey flipping gutted about this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 55
pontoonlew
July 14, 2022, 1:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Chrisblor
Shapps you awful girl private, pay the railway workers what they deserve!

I was all behind the previous strikes for the low paid workers on the railways but the drivers strikes just smack of greed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 55
Son of Cod
July 14, 2022, 1:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
It's not just about a pay rise though. They're also having their overtime rate slashed, despite it being in their contracts and then they're having their mandatory overtime hours increased. Obviously barely reported in the media because the people who privatised the railways have got their fat grubby fingers in all those pies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 55
Limerick Mariner
July 14, 2022, 2:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,747
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Hagrid
"Cross-industry ticket restrictions may be lifted". You might be ok from Nottm

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 55
Chrisblor
July 14, 2022, 2:01pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew

I was all behind the previous strikes for the low paid workers on the railways but the drivers strikes just smack of greed

Why should train drivers, a skilled job where you're directly responsible for the safety of significant number of passengers, have to accept a 0% payrise in 2019, a 0% payrise in 2020 (during a pandemic), a 0% payrise in 2021 (during a pandemic) and a paltry pay offer of under 2% in 2022 when inflation is predicted to hit 11% later in the year? It's not greed, it's taking action to ensure their salaries aren't further degraded in real terms, and they have my full support.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 55
Bristol Mariner
July 14, 2022, 2:03pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Bollox! Coach it is from Bristol

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 55
Hagrid
July 14, 2022, 2:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
"Cross-industry ticket restrictions may be lifted". You might be ok from Nottm

hi mate

Where have you seen this please?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 55
LH
July 14, 2022, 2:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,599
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from pontoonlew

There’s no greed about it - if you have a well paid job you probably enjoy a more expensive lifestyle. Costs go up for everyone with inflation so everyone should get a payrise in line with the inflation rate. The Govt offered 8% rise spread over two years when this years inflation is 9.1%. Not good enough. Up the drivers and all striking workers.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 55
Chrisblor
July 14, 2022, 2:26pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

hi mate

Where have you seen this please?

Give the train operating companies a bit of time to put up advice for passengers with tickets affected by strike action. They'll usually say you can travel on the date either side of the strike date (so July 29th / July 31st), or on July 30th on any reasonable alternative route (i.e. EMR / CrossCountry to Derby / Notts / Sheffield, then EMR -> St Pancras). Expect any remaining trains operating on July 30th to be absolutely rammed though.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 55
Hagrid
July 14, 2022, 2:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

Give the train operating companies a bit of time to put up advice for passengers with tickets affected by strike action. They'll usually say you can travel on the date either side of the strike date (so July 29th / July 31st), or on July 30th on any reasonable alternative route (i.e. EMR / CrossCountry to Derby / Notts / Sheffield, then EMR -> St Pancras). Expect any remaining trains operating on July 30th to be absolutely rammed though.

yeah i'd imagine they'll be bursting. i'll wait and see if a notts to St pancras is running and go from there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 55
diehardmariner
July 14, 2022, 2:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
It's not just about the drivers pay is it though!

Why is this is a difficult concept for people to grasp?
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 55
PB
July 14, 2022, 2:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +256
Gold Stars: 3
I had planned to take a train on that day too, so I’m disappointed too.  I don’t understand how people can support this selfish action from a Union hell bent on holding the country to ransom. The average train driver earns £54,000 pa, way more than the police, firefighters, nurses and teachers do on average.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 55
July 14, 2022, 2:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from LH

There’s no greed about it - if you have a well paid job you probably enjoy a more expensive lifestyle. Costs go up for everyone with inflation so everyone should get a pay rise in line with the inflation rate. The Govt offered 8% rise spread over two years when this years inflation is 9.1%. Not good enough. Up the drivers and all striking workers.

The median average wage for train drivers works out at £1,233 per week.  I think I could struggle by with that!

Reply: 18 - 55
cmackenzie4
July 14, 2022, 2:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Chrisblor

Why should train drivers, a skilled job where you're directly responsible for the safety of significant number of passengers, have to accept a 0% payrise in 2019, a 0% payrise in 2020 (during a pandemic), a 0% payrise in 2021 (during a pandemic) and a paltry pay offer of under 2% in 2022 when inflation is predicted to hit 11% later in the year? It's not greed, it's taking action to ensure their salaries aren't further degraded in real terms, and they have my full support.

The responsibility I have as a signaller is very high, any mistake by myself or colleagues and it can mean a fatality or derailment, we are continually training and the responsibility is getting more and more (year on year) as things renew and technology changes, I have a very responsible job but I love my job, I’ve worked very hard to get to my current position.I’ve never been furloughed and had to work throughout the pandemic (from day one) I know most other people have too but for me it’s about fairness for all.

The thing is we didn’t create this mess, the government did, why should the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, I thought our union representative did very well on tv and answered all the things put to him in an honest and professional way, he said it as it is.(I’m sure you know who I mean)

Everybody should be getting a fair pay rise not just railway workers.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 55
Chrisblor
July 14, 2022, 2:48pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

[/b]

yeah i'd imagine they'll be bursting. i'll wait and see if a notts to St pancras is running and go from there

It should still be - East Midlands Railway drivers aren't included in the strikes on July 30th so services between Sheffield / Notts and St Pancras should still be running as scheduled that day as things currently stand.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 55
LH
July 14, 2022, 2:49pm

Quoted from 123614

The median average wage for train drivers works out at £1,233 per week.  I think I could struggle by with that!

Yes and they’ll have mortgages, rates and other outgoings they’ve become accustomed too etc to go with it. Costs go up and wages stagnate therefore they’ve effectively had a pay cut. That shouldn’t be happening in public serving, safety critical jobs because eventually those people will move on and the skilset is lost while others are trained.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 55
diehardmariner
July 14, 2022, 2:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from PB
I had planned to take a train on that day too, so I’m disappointed too.  I don’t understand how people can support this selfish action from a Union hell bent on holding the country to ransom. The average train driver earns £54,000 pa, way more than the police, firefighters, nurses and teachers do on average.

Jesus!  If this Government told you to put your head in the oven, would you ask which temperature?

Can you not see that it's conquer and divide against a group that are ballsy enough to stand up and say enough is enough?  They're absolutely taking the urine out of us on every single front yet you're focusing your anger on striking train drivers who are sticking up for themselves and the people who work in their industry!

The reason it's the drivers who are striking is because it's maximum impact, that's the whole purpose of a strike - to make you feel the brunt and put pressure on the Government to bloody do their jobs!  If the cleaners on the trains took action it wouldn't have the level of impact, yet they're the ones who are more likely to feel the impact of the cost of living crises combined with an effective pay-cut.  The drivers could ignore that, say "I'm alright Jack" and feel smug that they can absorb inflation rises.

Vive la révolution!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 55
ska face
July 14, 2022, 2:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from PB

I agree - nurses, firefighters and teachers DO need to be paid a lot more. I’m glad someone finally had the courage to say it.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 55
headingly_mariner
July 14, 2022, 2:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from cmackenzie4

The responsibility I have as a signaller is very high, any mistake by myself or colleagues and it can mean a fatality or derailment, we are continually training and the responsibility is getting more and more (year on year) as things renew and technology changes, I have a very responsible job but I love my job, I’ve worked very hard to get to my current position.I’ve never been furloughed and had to work throughout the pandemic (from day one) I know most other people have too but for me it’s about fairness for all.

The thing is we didn’t create this mess, the government did, why should the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, I thought our union representative did very well on tv and answered all the things put to him in an honest and professional way, he said it as it is.(I’m sure you know who I mean)

Everybody should be getting a fair pay rise not just railway workers.

And good on you as well! Train companies making loads of money and trying to whittle away at pay and conditions.

I wish my Union was as strong as yours. We've had one 1% rise in the last 10 years and can do intercourse all about it other than leave.

I was getting the train, I know might have to make other arrangements, completely support the strikes though.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 55
Manchester Mariner
July 14, 2022, 2:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
The race to the bottom goes on. Do yourselves a favour, join a union.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 55
Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire
July 14, 2022, 3:16pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +244
Gold Stars: 17
It's all good and well waving the union flag but you try getting to and from work in Central London without the tube and train services, especially working shifts.

Add into that you are an emergency worker who does not possess the power of strike or the morals to strike given the work you do. And you've had your pay and conditions changed against your will in previous years (Winsor Report).

And you might change your empathy with striking transport workers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 55
cmackenzie4
July 14, 2022, 3:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from headingly_mariner

And good on you as well! Train companies making loads of money and trying to whittle away at pay and conditions.

I wish my Union was as strong as yours. We've had one 1% rise in the last 10 years and can do intercourse all about it other than leave.

I was getting the train, I know might have to make other arrangements, completely support the strikes though.  

I speak to my colleagues daily and not one of them wanted to strike, they all know how much it affects the public, it causes chaos and it’s horrible, it affects us railway workers too but what other option is there when talks fail? bills have gone up by thousands of pounds per annum not just for me but all of us, how can a fireman (for example) be struggling to pay bills (I know some who are) how is that fair ? Things need to change and our union is taking a stand, other unions are now acting too, there are so many people who are accepting of the way things are when the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, there has never been a time where it’s been so blatantly obvious as now.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 55
ska face
July 14, 2022, 3:23pm

Vodka Drinker
It's all good and well waving the union flag but you try getting to and from work in Central London without the tube and train services, especially working shifts.

Add into that you are an emergency worker who does not possess the power of strike or the morals to strike given the work you do. And you've had your pay and conditions changed against your will in previous years (Winsor Report).

Surely you don’t mean London with one of the most comprehensive and advanced bus systems on the planet, with hundreds of miles of dedicated cycle lanes, 20k designated bike parking spots, and facilities for cyclists all over the city? The same London which literally has a famous taxi system plus the myriad other taxi services operating there? That London?
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 55
Chrisblor
July 14, 2022, 3:32pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker

I live in a city where the bus companies are about to cut 1/3rd of all bus services, and ticket prices for surviving routes are unregulated and ludicrously expensive as a result. Our cycling network here is limited, the city is covered in hills, and we have little in the way of alternative public transport options for getting around the city. I still support and empathise with all striking transport workers, it's not really hard.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 55
GYinScuntland
July 14, 2022, 3:34pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Chrisblor

I live in a city where the bus companies are about to cut 1/3rd of all bus services, and ticket prices for surviving routes are unregulated and ludicrously expensive as a result. Our cycling network here is limited, the city is covered in hills, and we have little in the way of alternative public transport options for getting around the city. I still support and empathise with all striking transport workers, it's not really hard.

Ah... you've got a car then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 55
Chrisblor
July 14, 2022, 3:38pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Ah... you've got a car then.

I've got legs

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 55
Son of Cod
July 14, 2022, 3:50pm
Champagne Drinker
I And you've had your pay and conditions changed against your will in previous years (Winsor Report).

And your reaction is to not sympathise with them? Because you were incapable* of being able to fight against this kind of greed then they should just lie down and take it?

*for the record I think the pay review aspect of the Winsor Report was scandalous as is the outright outlawing of police strikes
Quoted from Chrisblor

Leeds?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 55
DB
July 14, 2022, 4:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

Unfortunately, pensioners do not have a union.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 55
Chrisblor
July 14, 2022, 4:12pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod

And your reaction is to not sympathise with them? Because you were incapable* of being able to fight against this kind of greed then they should just lie down and take it?

*for the record I think the pay review aspect of the Winsor Report was scandalous as is the outright outlawing of police strikes

Leeds?

Sheffield - https://nowthenmagazine.com/ar.....isation-deregulation

Quoted from DB

No, but you do have a triple locked state pension insulated against 11% inflation and a current government who panders to your generation at all times.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 55
tanga_the_indestructible
July 14, 2022, 4:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from DB

Actually, there kind of is a pensioners' union. Jack Jones set it up many years ago.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Pensioners_Convention
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 55
Son of Cod
July 14, 2022, 4:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

Oh had no idea that was going on. Similar things being threatened in Leeds, hence my guess.  

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/yorkshire-news/fears-yorkshire-buses-government-cash-24331502
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 55
GYinScuntland
July 14, 2022, 4:15pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98

I was a union member for 40 years, boy and man.
I've said it before but it all went wrong in the early 80's when the officials from most unions moved from shop floor on shifts to nice offices in the same corridors as the managers on days at still shift rates, stopped wearing safety gear and uniforms but donned suits and ties and suddenly had new cars instead of the second hand bangers that the average man on the shop floor had to drive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 55
golfer
July 14, 2022, 5:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Hagrid

You should have bought the Nancy Sinatra record.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 55
DB
July 14, 2022, 6:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Chrisblor

Sheffield - https://nowthenmagazine.com/ar.....isation-deregulation

No, but you do have a triple locked state pension insulated against 11% inflation and a current government who panders to your generation at all times.

Didn't happen last year.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 55
lukeo
July 14, 2022, 6:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
My mate works on the train in notts and he's on a good wack.. try working in a school on less than £10 an hour having the odd punch and kick from the kids
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 55
ska face
July 14, 2022, 6:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
My mate works on the train in notts and he's on a good wack.. try working in a school on less than £10 an hour having the odd punch and kick from the kids

Sounds like you need to grow a pair and go on strike yourself rather than whinging about someone else’s lot.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 55
Mariner Ronnie
July 14, 2022, 7:01pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6

Your union consists of your fellow workers, if you’re in it together, the stronger you are. Not by paying a balshevik driving a Bentley.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 55
LH
July 14, 2022, 7:15pm

Quoted from lukeo

He probably does 40ish hours a week and is contracted for 52 weeks a year too. The teaching unions are working to get TAs contracted for the whole year rather than just term time aren’t they (Aldi might know)? Maybe worth joining the union to strengthen their position.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 55
jaygy
July 14, 2022, 7:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from lukeo

Do you wake up at 1am to take a potential killing machine filled with passengers/hazardous goods/important load on a busy network that requires constant concentration for hours on end, no rest facilities and are timed by the minute and punished for every single mistake and minute lost? Do you have to watch as someone who decides to end their own life stands in front of your train as you stare straight at them knowing that it takes up to 2 miles to stop and you can do nothing about it?

I work on the railway and the drivers earn a fantastic wage but my gosh they do deserve it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 55
Plankton
July 14, 2022, 7:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from lukeo

Your next job could be on the trains.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 55
Abdul19
July 14, 2022, 9:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from lukeo

£10 an hour? Try working 8 hours in the baking sun picking up litter. For absolutely nothing.

MInd you I am doing community service.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 55
Spidey
July 16, 2022, 11:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 4
Could a kind fellow Mariner tell me if this train strike will effect me getting the tube from Enfield to Leyton then from Leyton to White Hart Lane Stadium, then from there back to Enfield.
Basically before the fixtures came out I booked a hotel on the 29th in Enfield to go to a concert on the 30th at Tottenham's new ground. When the fixtures came out it couldn't have had worked out any better with the opening game only a tube train drive away.
Many thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 55
Croxton
July 18, 2022, 10:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 35
I assume that St Pancras/Kings Cross to Stratford International is working normally on 30th July as online booking is available as of this a.m.? Similarly, Tube to Leyton?

Wil be booking  EMR train as they are not striking as I understand it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 55
headingly_mariner
July 18, 2022, 12:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Hopefully they'll get round the table and find a resolution to call the strikes off.

Are Town fans still allowed to work in Rail companies?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 55
GrimRob
July 18, 2022, 12:19pm

Quoted from Spidey
Could a kind fellow Mariner tell me if this train strike will effect me getting the tube from Enfield to Leyton then from Leyton to White Hart Lane Stadium, then from there back to Enfield.
Basically before the fixtures came out I booked a hotel on the 29th in Enfield to go to a concert on the 30th at Tottenham's new ground. When the fixtures came out it couldn't have had worked out any better with the opening game only a tube train drive away.
Many thanks.

The tube is not affected by the strike, just certain rail companies (see top of thread)

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 50 - 55
codcheeky
July 18, 2022, 1:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,262
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from GrimRob

The tube is not affected by the strike, just certain rail companies (see top of thread)

The tube does not go to Enfield town only the overground but I am sure there will be a bus to a tube station nearby
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 55
Son of Cod
July 18, 2022, 1:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

The tube does not go to Enfield town only the overground but I am sure there will be a bus to a tube station nearby

There's no scheduled strike action on any TFL service on the 30th I don't think so that'll include tube, overground, DLR, bus, etc. Should be fine once you get into London.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 55
Spidey
July 18, 2022, 2:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Thanks for the comments regarding the tube. I know to get to White Hart Lane it's on the Overground, are they not on strike, I thought they were?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 55
Son of Cod
July 18, 2022, 2:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Spidey
Thanks for the comments regarding the tube. I know to get to White Hart Lane it's on the Overground, are they not on strike, I thought they were?

Overground is down for a day on 27th July due to strikes but is running on 30th as far as I'm aware, but don't take my word as gospel.  Parts of the Overground are down a lot for maintenance on the weekend anyway (I live in Dalston so have two Overgound lines near me), so it's always worth checking closer to the time. When you say White Hart Lane, do you mean the new Spurs stadium? You can walk that from Tottenham Hale if needs be, it's about 20 mins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 55
Spidey
July 18, 2022, 5:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod

Overground is down for a day on 27th July due to strikes but is running on 30th as far as I'm aware, but don't take my word as gospel.  Parts of the Overground are down a lot for maintenance on the weekend anyway (I live in Dalston so have two Overgound lines near me), so it's always worth checking closer to the time. When you say White Hart Lane, do you mean the new Spurs stadium? You can walk that from Tottenham Hale if needs be, it's about 20 mins.

Thanks for that, yeah it's the new Tottenham Hotspur ground I'm heading to, after the match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 55
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Train strike on 30th July

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.