MarinerDevil
July 15, 2022, 4:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,802
Gold Stars: 80
https://t.co/NWUDrFQvoX

"Grimsby Town Football Club is excited to announce that ‘Mariners TV’, a brand-new streaming, audio and video service for our supporters, will be launching soon.

The last time we were in the EFL, Town fans were able to purchase a subscription to iFollow and receive audio coverage of every game and even live stream eligible fixtures. As the 2020/21 campaign was played completely behind closed doors, iFollow was the only way fans could watch the Mariners and for that reason, we received record-breaking viewing figures. We are committed to continuous improvement at the football club and have chosen to create our own streaming platform for the new season and beyond.

Mariners TV will offer supporters a very similar service to iFollow (as the stream will still be provided by the EFL), but it will be through our own custom-built platform which will provide supporters with an improved user experience. Additionally, we will be able to enhance the packages by creating exclusive content only available to fans who subscribe to the service – like we used to do in the days of Mariners Player. Here’s a breakdown of the content to expect to see on Mariners TV:
  •   Exclusive player and manager interviews
  •   Extended match highlights
  •   Behind the scenes content from Liam Emmerson
  •   Other features on the parts of the Club

MARINERS TV PACKAGES

SEASON PASS (INTERNATIONAL) – £140 (£170 from 1st September)
This package is available to supporters who live outside of the UK and includes live streams to every one of our League Two and Papa John’s Trophy games during the season (excluding play-off games or the semi-final and final of the Trophy). International Season Pass subscribers also receive audio commentary of every competitive game and access to the exclusive video content.

MONTHLY PASS (INTERNATIONAL) – £25
International Monthly Pass subscribers receive the live streams to every one of our League Two and Papa John’s Trophy games during the month, audio commentary of every competitive game and access to the exclusive video content.

SEASON PASS (UK) – £45
A Mariners TV Season Pass offers UK fans a great way to follow the Mariners throughout the 2022/23 campaign, with audio commentary of every one of our competitive games as well as access to exclusive video content. This does NOT include live streaming of eligible fixtures.

MONTHLY PASS (UK) – £4.50
A Monthly Pass provides subscribers who live in the UK with the audio commentary of every one of our competitive games taking place within the month, plus access to the video content on Mariners TV. This does NOT include live streaming of eligible fixtures.

LIVE STREAMING – MATCH PASSES

Through Mariners TV, supporters will be able to live stream all eligible League Two and Papa John’s Trophy fixtures on a game-by-game basis for £10. For international fans, that’s every League Two and Papa John’s game (excluding play-off games or the semi-final and final of the Trophy). However, UK-based supporters will only be able to stream games which meet these criteria:
  •   Scheduled midweek matches
  •   Displaced Saturday matches (matches moved out of the blocked hours window of 14:45 – 17:15 on a Saturday for various reasons)
  •   Bank Holiday matches
  •   International Break matches with a 3pm kick-off (including World Cup)
  •   Papa John’s Trophy matches (except semi-finals and finals)

Based on these stipulations, we understand that the following League Two fixtures are currently able to live stream to UK fans:

Tues 16 Aug – Carlisle United (H)
    Tues 13 Sep – Gillingham (H)
    Sat 24 Sep – Swindon (H)
    Tue 25 Oct – Barrow (A)
    Sat 19 Nov – Stevenage (H)
    Sat 3 Dec – AFC Wimbledon (A)
    Sat 10 Dec – Tranmere Rovers (H)
    Sat 17 Dec – Mansfield Town (A)
    Mon 26 Dec – Harrogate Town (A)
    Thur 29 Dec – Salford City (H)
    Sun 1 Jan – Stockport County (H)
    Tue 14 Feb – Gillingham (A)
    Sat 25 Mar – Walsall (H)
    Fri 7 Apr – Hartlepool Utd (H)
    Mon 10 Apr – Doncaster Rovers (A)
    Tue 18 Apr – Barrow (H)

Please note that our games in the Papa John’s Trophy will also be live streamed (except semi-finals and finals). Also, Carabao Cup and Emirates FA Cup fixtures will not be available for live streaming in the UK or internationally. All games are subject to change.

WHEN WILL MARINERS TV BE READY?

As Mariners TV is going to be a bespoke platform, it is still being developed ahead of the start of the season. With our opening fixture at Leyton Orient fast-approaching, we are aware that these packages will need to be available very, very soon. However, in the meantime, we hope this information will provide you with a suitable update on our plans for Mariners TV this coming season and beyond.

UTM"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Grantham_Mariner
July 15, 2022, 4:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,204
Gold Stars: 51
We are at home to Gillingham on Tues 13th Sept ! not away

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 158
Grantham_Mariner
July 15, 2022, 4:53pm

Season Ticket Holder
As predicted by me and others, matches as quoted by GollyGTFC a week or more ago.

Same service, so no moaners please.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 158
stevethefish
July 15, 2022, 5:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 86
If (the league) are that bothered about Saturday games being streamed, why not charge £20 or something like that for Saturday games. Missed opportunity to grow the overall market, particularly as this season some away games will be all ticket.

Tesco don't say you can buy online only on a Mon - Thurs.

It's called being multi-channel and growing the overall cake for everyone.

I would happily buy a season ticket for all home and away games at full price for access to streaming (aka a double season ticket)

Needs far more thought this from the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 158
arryarryarry
July 15, 2022, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
As predicted by me and others, matches as quoted by GollyGTFC a week or more ago.

Same service, so no moaners please.

As I have mentioned previously, I don't think they had much option to go with the current EFL feed as setting up your own streaming platform would have been expensive as well as maybe not so robust and also may have left the club without the ability to take funds from away games.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 158
Mayaman
July 15, 2022, 7:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Good news indeed.  Now will I get my sticky mitts on a shirt before I leave these shores?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 158
jamesgtfc
July 15, 2022, 7:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Mayaman
Good news indeed.  Now will I get my sticky mitts on a shirt before I leave these shores?

When do you leave? Reach out to the club or Trust and I would like to think they will ensure you have one kept aside.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 158
chipsandgravy
July 15, 2022, 7:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Does "The Midlands" count as an international? I would gladly pay for a season ticket if I could also stream the games. Whilst I understand why not, its no longer the price of the ticket, its the £1500 a year in petrol I would have to fork out.
Anyway another good move from the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 158
stevethefish
July 15, 2022, 7:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 86
Exactly chipsandgravy.

This is why the league are so out of date. It's not about losing/cannabilising sales, its about incremental sales and expanding consumption.to League 2 overall

If you offered fans £20 to watch away games live on a Saturday, those who want to go, will still go for the occasion. Those who may struggle financially to travel would at least be able to participate if they so wished online . You will 100% in zero doubt, grow the pie and income for League 2 clubs

Plus how many people have family members that have moved out of the area, but still have major affinity and means to watch the game online domestically in the UK and would never have any intention of travelling to home games or long distance away games.

As I said, go online and you can double the turnover, by making EVERY GAME accessible and trust me, more money would be spent on Grimsby Town Football Club, on top of record season ticket sales.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 158
pizzzza
July 15, 2022, 7:49pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
As predicted by me and others,

Well done Caption Obvious.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 158
DB
July 15, 2022, 7:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from stevethefish
If (the league) are that bothered about Saturday games being streamed, why not charge £20 or something like that for Saturday games. Missed opportunity to grow the overall market, particularly as this season some away games will be all ticket.

Tesco don't say you can buy online only on a Mon - Thurs.

It's called being multi-channel and growing the overall cake for everyone.

I would happily buy a season ticket for all home and away games at full price for access to streaming (aka a double season ticket)

Needs far more thought this from the league.

You have said what most people who cannot attend BP think. I for one have health issues, made an exception for the London stadium but felt cold some of the time. So full streaming at normal admission prices is ok with me.

You do have to ask the question, why are fans with disabilities, who cannot attend games, barred from watching live games all of the time.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 158
BenBB
July 15, 2022, 7:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +842
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from stevethefish
Exactly chipsandgravy.

This is why the league are so out of date. It's not about losing/cannabilising sales, its about incremental sales and expanding consumption.to League 2 overall

If you offered fans £20 to watch away games live on a Saturday, those who want to go, will still go for the occasion. Those who may struggle financially to travel would at least be able to participate if they so wished online . You will 100% in zero doubt, grow the pie and income for League 2 clubs

Plus how many people have family members that have moved out of the area, but still have major affinity and means to watch the game online domestically in the UK and would never have any intention of travelling to home games or long distance away games.

As I said, go online and you can double the turnover, by making EVERY GAME accessible and trust me, more money would be spent on Grimsby Town Football Club, on top of record season ticket sales.

Definitely. I live in Scotland near Glasgow so still classed in the UK (for now at least 😁) but a train journey to Blundell Park is 7 hours one way (if you're lucky with Transpennine Express) - could take a flight to Dubai and get there sooner. Closest L2 game is Carlisle. Does it make sense that I can't officially just stream a game?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 158
FPVmariner
July 15, 2022, 8:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from BenBB

Definitely. I live in Scotland near Glasgow so still classed in the UK (for now at least 😁) but a train journey to Blundell Park is 7 hours one way (if you're lucky with Transpennine Express) - could take a flight to Dubai and get there sooner. Closest L2 game is Carlisle. Does it make sense that I can't officially just stream a game?

Two pronged opportunity in my eyes.  A chance for the distant exiles to watch home games on a regular basis, and a chance perhaps for the club to upgrade the TV’s in the bars, McM’s so that away games can be streamed with bar sales/food boosting cash flow.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 158
aldi_01
July 15, 2022, 8:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I understand that there’s an idea that clubs would lose potential income through the turnstiles of games were shown at 3pm on a Saturday but, aside from those clubs doing poorly, I can’t see many losing any, especially at away games.

It feels like away attendances across all divisions and all clubs have gone up, it may be bollcoks but that’s how it feels and perhaps that’s covid thing with people being kept in for months on end. It’s a release now.

However, the plastic, armchair, betting slip, not really arsed meta fans probably wouldn’t bottom themselves to go down BP anyway so if Man Utd are on the tele at 3pm or not, they’d still much rather be in the pub.

Conversely, in the situation of many a real fan of clubs like town, attendance isn’t always an option through work, cost or geography. If clubs can run a platform, provide a service and May be not every game but the vast majority, especially away games, even charging full ticket price, it has to be a way of moving forward. As discussed, I can’t see it taking many of any off of away followings…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 158
Grantham_Mariner
July 15, 2022, 9:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
If your ip address is 50 miles or more from the match you should be able to stream it, home or away.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 158
Mikey_345
July 15, 2022, 9:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 108
Can’t see any reason VPNs won’t get around the location issue, like last time we were in the league. Makes no sense for the club to invest massively on building something that beats a VPN. Especially with the ST sales as it’ll have no impact on attendance but also increase revenue. Every club know fans do it, so do the league the sooner this silly rule ends the better.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 158
BenBB
July 15, 2022, 9:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mikey_345
Makes no sense for the club to invest massively on building something that beats a VPN

They'd have a big trouble trying to do something like that at our size.

Even big companies like Netflix & the BBC (iPlayer) struggle to block VPNs - the VPN providers even offer special servers/services designed to get round the restrictions (because the iPlayer is unavailable usually outside the UK and outsiders want in & Netflix offer exclusive content in other regions).

China built what's known as the "[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Firewall]Great Firewall of China[/url]" to block Western material like Facebook/YouTube and it's been around for decades now, still people manage to get through.

Logged Offline
Reply: 16 - 158
FPVmariner
July 15, 2022, 10:17pm
Beer Drinker
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
Is the question how do we stop people using VPN to pay the same as ‘local’ fans or why are people who live overseas asked to pay more in the first place.  It doesn’t make sense to me at all, give people a reason to look for a free or cheaper alternative and they’ll look for it.  Give a fair deal in the first place and genuine customers will pay.  Sky and VM spend millions trying to stop piracy but never really succeed, surely finding an acceptable price point is a better approach.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 158
jamesgtfc
July 15, 2022, 10:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mikey_345
Can’t see any reason VPNs won’t get around the location issue, like last time we were in the league. Makes no sense for the club to invest massively on building something that beats a VPN. Especially with the ST sales as it’ll have no impact on attendance but also increase revenue. Every club know fans do it, so do the league the sooner this silly rule ends the better.

What I think they can do is make sure foreign season passes and match passes for 3PM Saturday games can only be bought on a card registered on foreign shores.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 158
gtfc98
July 15, 2022, 11:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from BenBB

Let me introduce you to a friend called the Virtual Private Network.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 158
gtfc98
July 15, 2022, 11:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

What I think they can do is make sure foreign season passes and match passes for 3PM Saturday games can only be bought on a card registered on foreign shores.

Buy a foreign currency card? Think that should work.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 158
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 15, 2022, 11:33pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +881
Gold Stars: 122
Quoted from jamesgtfc

There are websites where you can make a fake virtual credit card and register it anywhere you want. There's ways round nearly everything.

The VPN route is the easiest to do. You can Google for overseas IP addresses to use on most VPN clients.

Allegedly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 158
Plankton
July 16, 2022, 12:20am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Impossible to check as a card registered in a certain country is not indicative of the country the person is in. The club knows what it is doing and is being above board. If I were to visit France prior to the season and buy a season pass, then that's my right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 158
MarinerWY
July 16, 2022, 7:55am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,991
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from stevethefish
If (the league) are that bothered about Saturday games being streamed, why not charge £20 or something like that for Saturday games. Missed opportunity to grow the overall market, particularly as this season some away games will be all ticket. .

The league can't decide to broadcast those matches, it's a rule that's sanctioned by Premiership, EFL and UEFA and barring Covid lockdowns, has been in place since the 1960s.

Opinions are divided on it amongst clubs but it would require a full vote by all football league clubs to propose a change and then UEFA would need to agree.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 158
Grantham_Mariner
July 16, 2022, 8:07am

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Mikey_345

Think you may have to buy/ link your subscription to your GTFC account so they will possibly know where you are?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 158
GrimPol
July 16, 2022, 8:47am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from aldi_01
I understand that there’s an idea that clubs would lose potential income through the turnstiles of games were shown at 3pm on a Saturday but, aside from those clubs doing poorly, I can’t see many losing any, especially at away games.

It feels like away attendances across all divisions and all clubs have gone up, it may be bollcoks but that’s how it feels and perhaps that’s covid thing with people being kept in for months on end. It’s a release now.

However, the plastic, armchair, betting slip, not really arsed meta fans probably wouldn’t bottom themselves to go down BP anyway so if Man Utd are on the tele at 3pm or not, they’d still much rather be in the pub.

Conversely, in the situation of many a real fan of clubs like town, attendance isn’t always an option through work, cost or geography. If clubs can run a platform, provide a service and May be not every game but the vast majority, especially away games, even charging full ticket price, it has to be a way of moving forward. As discussed, I can’t see it taking many of any off of away followings…

The argument will be if ManU V Liverpool is on "TV" at the same time as Carlisle v Grimsby, which match will the kids go for?
I was in a chipsop queue 2 weeks ago with 10/11 year old kids sitting on the grass having chips alfresco. All were wearing replicas, not one Grimsby shirt. Its depressing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 158
toontown
July 16, 2022, 9:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,276
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from GrimPol

The argument will be if ManU V Liverpool is on "TV" at the same time as Carlisle v Grimsby, which match will the kids go for?
I was in a chipsop queue 2 weeks ago with 10/11 year old kids sitting on the grass having chips alfresco. All were wearing replicas, not one Grimsby shirt. Its depressing.

Yeah people make a simplistic argument like it's a choice of town on the Internet or not. It isn't. If town are so are Chelsea, manu, Liverpool, City etc  and possibly for not much more money. It could easily go the other way and take youngsters away from town and suck them into supporting a big six team, and their army of marketing staff would be trying to do exactly that across the country.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 158
moosey_club
July 16, 2022, 10:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,301
Gold Stars: 227
That list of potential games for UK viewing seems awfully big.  I thought that previously , pre covid times,  both Saturday and Tues regular slots were protected/ prevented, but that list seems just like it is the Saturday 3pm only.
Our friends the police may help everyone even further here if they start switching high profile games to 12p.m.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 158
Martz86
July 16, 2022, 10:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +129
Gold Stars: 1
Out of curiosity, if the whole thing is similar to ifollow, would I need the season/monthly subscription to buy a match pass?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 158
forza ivano
July 16, 2022, 12:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
few thoughts

1) be very interesting to see the numbers they get from this
2) can imagine it will provide some useful marketing info on numbers and spread of exiles etc
3) really want to know how many international fans we have - think it might be more than people imagine
4) one for techies - how could this be expanded? for example could there be an interactive element, where viewers can post in questions for example?
5) could it be sponsored , bringing in some useful revenue? Have a Youngs 'bar' on the bottom of the screen or a sponsors logo in a corner? Commentators could mention the sponsor every so often, like they do on Talksport. Annoying maybe, but if it brings in the £££....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 158
arryarryarry
July 16, 2022, 12:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Martz86
Out of curiosity, if the whole thing is similar to ifollow, would I need the season/monthly subscription to buy a match pass?

No you won't need to pay a subscription, just 10.00 per match.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 158
BenBB
July 17, 2022, 12:27am

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

Let me introduce you to a friend called the Virtual Private Network.

I'm a techie, I know full well what a Virtual Private Network is - in fact I know how to create my own using WireGuard/OpenVPN on a Linux-based virtual private server (VPS) or dedicated server 😁

Logged Offline
Reply: 31 - 158
Abdul19
July 17, 2022, 6:33am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 219
Everyone knows how to do that  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 158
GrimPol
July 17, 2022, 9:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
few thoughts

2) can imagine it will provide some useful marketing info on numbers and spread of exiles etc
3) really want to know how many international fans we have - think it might be more than people imagine
4) one for techies - how could this be expanded? for example could there be an interactive element, where viewers can post in questions for example?
5) could it be sponsored , bringing in some useful revenue? Have a Youngs 'bar' on the bottom of the screen or a sponsors logo in a corner? Commentators could mention the sponsor every so often, like they do on Talksport. Annoying maybe, but if it brings in the £££....

Regarding 2) I think the "exiles" spread will be suspect as the New York, Berlin, and Sydney exiles will turn out to be Bristol, Nottingham and indeed Cleethorpes once VPN has done its work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 158
moosey_club
July 17, 2022, 9:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Maybe in the not too distant future matchday streaming could be made available in the uk when tickets have sold out, that way clubs couldn't grumble they may lose income but instead increase income.
Orient are easily losing out on a 1000 sales I would think from ourselves.
A vpn get around is too complicated for some, me included, so I either rely on radio commentary or find a mate with vpn capability and share with them, still less revenue than if we could just access it direct legally.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 158
GrimPol
July 17, 2022, 9:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

No you won't need to pay a subscription, just 10.00 per match.

Won't suspicion be raised when you pay via a plastic card with a UK/Grimsby address for a match with offshore permission only?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 158
Plankton
July 17, 2022, 10:06am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Approval: +1,215
Quoted from moosey_club
Maybe in the not too distant future matchday streaming could be made available in the uk when tickets have sold out, that way clubs couldn't grumble they may lose income but instead increase income.
Orient are easily losing out on a 1000 sales I would think from ourselves.
A vpn get around is too complicated for some, me included, so I either rely on radio commentary or find a mate with vpn capability and share with them, still less revenue than if we could just access it direct legally.

More than happy to help you out Moosey if you need a quick run through how VPN’s work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 158
Son of Cod
July 17, 2022, 10:32am
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from toontown

Yeah people make a simplistic argument like it's a choice of town on the Internet or not. It isn't. If town are so are Chelsea, manu, Liverpool, City etc  and possibly for not much more money. It could easily go the other way and take youngsters away from town and suck them into supporting a big six team, and their army of marketing staff would be trying to do exactly that across the country.

Town vs the big clubs is a battle they've been involved in for a long time though. I was in school in the 90s when the Premiership was born and it was no different then. I was one of four Town fans in my year in school among a sea of Premier League fans and a couple of Hull/Scunny fans too. I think the club is currently making great moves towards getting the next generation of Town fans involved and I have a lot of confidence that youngsters who come watch Town this season for the first time are more likely to become Town fans than they are Premier League fans. Probably more so than any other season I can remember. Some people support their local teams and some people like to sit in an armchair and watch the best of the best slug it out. It's just the way people are wired. For me Mariners TV is about giving exiles the chance to feel connected to the club and for the club to recoup so extra revenue. I would genuinely be fine paying £20 for an iFollow match if the majority of it went to the clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 158
arryarryarry
July 17, 2022, 1:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

Won't suspicion be raised when you pay via a plastic card with a UK/Grimsby address for a match with offshore permission only?

I was meaning the legitimate UK watchable games such as evening and non Saturday 3.00pm kick-offs.

For the few away games I couldn't make I just paid a tenner on the day. I didn't pay any subscription.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 158
moosey_club
July 17, 2022, 2:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Plankton

More than happy to help you out Moosey if you need a quick run through how VPN’s work.

I am beyond help..lol

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 158
gtfc98
July 18, 2022, 4:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
few thoughts

+1 International fan here! There's loads of us.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 158
RonMariner
July 19, 2022, 9:41am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
Technical question and apologies if this is a stupid question, but will I be able to watch it in my television or will I only be able to watch it from a PC?

I note that there are various apps on my Sky menu, will  Mariners TV be found there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 158
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 19, 2022, 9:49am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +881
Gold Stars: 122
Quoted from RonMariner
Technical question and apologies if this is a stupid question, but will I be able to watch it in my television or will I only be able to watch it from a PC?

I note that there are various apps on my Sky menu, will  Mariners TV be found there?

The answers are yes and not necessarily.

As long as your PC is not from the dark ages it should have a HDMI slot. With the purchase of a HDMI cable, you can hook it up to your TV, again as long as it is a modern TV, and watch whatever is on your PC on your TV too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 158
RonMariner
July 19, 2022, 12:26pm

Special Brew Drinker

The answers are yes and not necessarily.

As long as your PC is not from the dark ages it should have a HDMI slot. With the purchase of a HDMI cable, you can hook it up to your TV, again as long as it is a modern TV, and watch whatever is on your PC on your TV too.

Thank you for that. My tv is modern but my laptop is indeed from the dark ages so I might have a problem,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 158
RonMariner
July 19, 2022, 12:27pm

Special Brew Drinker
I have an Amazon Fire Stick. Would that be of any use?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 158
IowaMariner
July 23, 2022, 4:37pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +79
Gold Stars: 7
Anybody heard of any updates on this? With the first league game just 7 days away it doesn't allow much time to get things sorted. Not "having a go," just looking to find out where things might be at. I understand there's all manner of things to be finalized ahead of the season kick-off, both on and off the pitch...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 158
chaos33
July 23, 2022, 6:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from RonMariner
I have an Amazon Fire Stick. Would that be of any use?

I’ve got a Firestick and a laptop and an iPad. And a decent TV with HDMI ports. I’d be interested to hear helpful advice - I’m a technical nitwit 🫤

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 158
chaos33
July 23, 2022, 6:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from BenBB

I'm a techie, I know full well what a Virtual Private Network is - in fact I know how to create my own using WireGuard/OpenVPN on a Linux-based virtual private server (VPS) or dedicated server 😁

Pfffft. Easy as chuff all that nonsense.  You’ll be saying you know how to ‘downstream’ your movies next, or that you know how to access the dark web via a fancy and secret glitch in Alta Vista, Ask Jeeves and Facetube.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 158
gtfc98
July 26, 2022, 7:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
So it's Tuesday night before the opening game of the season and still nothing from the club as to how and when we can purchase the subscriptions/match passes.

Do we think it's actually going to be ready on time? It's not that much of a problem I guess because we can always buy it through orients ifollow but I'd rather give town my money!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 158
jamesgtfc
July 27, 2022, 12:30am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98
So it's Tuesday night before the opening game of the season and still nothing from the club as to how and when we can purchase the subscriptions/match passes.

Do we think it's actually going to be ready on time? It's not that much of a problem I guess because we can always buy it through orients ifollow but I'd rather give town my money!

I saw someone ask on Twitter and they tweeted back to say there will be an announcement soon without actually saying if it was going to be ready in time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 158
RonMariner
July 27, 2022, 12:07pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

I’ve got a Firestick and a laptop and an iPad. And a decent TV with HDMI ports. I’d be interested to hear helpful advice - I’m a technical nitwit 🫤

That goes for me too!

Help somebody!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 158
Swansea_Mariner
July 27, 2022, 12:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Clock is ticking on this hope they get a shiftie on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 158
Mikey_345
July 27, 2022, 12:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Have a sneaking suspicion they are trying to get this finalised before the first game, but may miss it. Would have expected something by now otherwise.

However I suppose it’s better this is done right and works than is rushed. Again, as is true with a lot of things this year the club haven’t had much time to get all these new things nailed down.

Not as if there aren’t other options for “oversees” mariners on Saturday 😂

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 158
MarinerDevil
July 27, 2022, 4:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Haven't used a Firestick but I know that it has an in-built web browser, so you could use that to navigate to gtfc.co.uk and it should work, could be a bit ropey just using the remote though.

Alternatively just connect your laptop to your TV with an HDMI cable and it will display your laptop's output through your TV, provided your laptop has an HDMI port of course.  HDMI cables are very cheap from Amazon, you don't need the latest standard.

If you want to use your iPad, you might be able to use a USB-C cable if both your iPad and TV have USB-C ports.  Most phones and devices (apart from iPhones) will come with a USB-C cable nowadays so you might have one.  More info here >> https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipadf1276cde/ipados
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 158
GollyGTFC
July 27, 2022, 4:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,058
Gold Stars: 358
Communication from the club appalling again. It’s odd because the club are doing lots of things to improve the club that have required significant expenditure, but something that is free (communicating) seems time and time again to be beyond them.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 54 - 158
ginnywings
July 27, 2022, 4:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Haven't used a Firestick but I know that it has an in-built web browser, so you could use that to navigate to gtfc.co.uk and it should work, could be a bit ropey just using the remote though.

Alternatively just connect your laptop to your TV with an HDMI cable and it will display your laptop's output through your TV, provided your laptop has an HDMI port of course.  HDMI cables are very cheap from Amazon, you don't need the latest standard.

If you want to use your iPad, you might be able to use a USB-C cable if both your iPad and TV have USB-C ports.  Most phones and devices (apart from iPhones) will come with a USB-C cable nowadays so you might have one.  More info here >> https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipadf1276cde/ipados

Not forgetting a VPN as this isn't a game for general viewing and only available to overseas subscribers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 158
MarinerDevil
July 27, 2022, 4:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Not forgetting a VPN as this isn't a game for general viewing and only available to overseas subscribers.

Ah, apologies.  I thought it was just a general question about hooking up a device to a TV.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 158
ginnywings
July 27, 2022, 4:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Ah, apologies. I thought it was just a general question about hooking up a device to a TV.

It may well be, but there are only 16 of the 46 games that are available to home fans during the season, so if anyone wants to watch the other 30, then they need to bypass the geo blocking somehow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 158
GollyGTFC
July 27, 2022, 4:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

It may well be, but there are only 16 of the 46 games that are available to home fans during the season, so if anyone wants to watch the other 30, then they need to bypass the geo blocking somehow.

Word on the street is the 3PM blackout might be lifted for League One and below. Maybe totally or maybe for a chunk of the season to see whether streaming would have any effect on attendances.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 158
jamesgtfc
July 27, 2022, 5:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Communication from the club appalling again. It’s odd because the club are doing lots of things to improve the club that have required significant expenditure, but something that is free (communicating) seems time and time again to be beyond them.

Maybe you could direct your feedback in a more constructive manner to the club directly, enquiries@marinerstrust.co.uk or a couple of the green coloured members on here?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 158
MarshMariner
July 27, 2022, 5:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from ginnywings

Does anyone know how to get NordVPN to work with Sky...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 158
gtfc98
July 27, 2022, 7:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Sam Strandt confirms on twitter that details will be released tomorrow.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 158
GollyGTFC
July 27, 2022, 7:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Maybe you could direct your feedback in a more constructive manner to the club directly, enquiries@marinerstrust.co.uk or a couple of the green coloured members on here?

Firstly, you don’t know that I haven’t. Secondly, when was free speech banned on here?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 158
GollyGTFC
July 27, 2022, 7:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

He said “hopefully”.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 63 - 158
chipsandgravy
July 27, 2022, 8:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Free speech is ok but its the tone of language you use. I am sure that their not beyond criticism despite the many improvements made. To use phrases like "appalling" and "its beyond them" smacks very much of one of life's complainers!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 158
gtfc98
July 27, 2022, 8:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Free speech is ok but its the tone of language you use. I am sure that there not beyond criticism despite the many improvements made. To use phrases like "appalling" and "its beyond them" smacks very much of one of life's complainers!

Yep. Golly clearly has a problem with them for some reason. All a bit odd. They've had a pretty small amount of time to organise and then execute a pretty significant project. I'd be disappointed if it's not quite ready in time for saturday but would also understand the reasons why.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 158
jamesgtfc
July 27, 2022, 8:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Firstly, you don’t know that I haven’t. Secondly, when was free speech banned on here?

Have you ? And will you be willing to share their response with us all? Free speech isn't banned but you are absolutely laying into them as though everything is a disaster. Given the responses you get, maybe you need to amend your expectations a little?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 158
It Bites
July 27, 2022, 8:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Zzzzzzz
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 158
AlfredTheGreat
July 27, 2022, 8:49pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -156
If you have a season ticket and can't go then you should be able to watch a game for nothing rather than have to pay again! Or at least be able to sell the club your seat back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 158
gtfc98
July 27, 2022, 8:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from AlfredTheGreat
If you have a season ticket and can't go then you should be able to watch a game for nothing rather than have to pay again! Or at least be able to sell the club your seat back.

You can sell your seat back. Next complaint?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 158
ginnywings
July 27, 2022, 8:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from MarshMariner

Does anyone know how to get NordVPN to work with Sky...

Sorry, no.

I'm a dunderhead with 'puters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 158
RonMariner
July 27, 2022, 11:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Thank you, this is really helpful!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 158
BenBB
July 27, 2022, 11:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinerDevil

iPhones do come with a USB-C cable in the box still. Just one end is lightning and the other is USB-C.

Hopefully they do away with lightning at some point (hopefully the next model) and just go full USB-C but we'll see.

Logged Offline
Reply: 72 - 158
DB
July 28, 2022, 6:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

Can you post the link please? I looked on Towns Twitter but couldn't find it

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 158
GollyGTFC
July 28, 2022, 8:42am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from It Bites

Zzzzzzz

In coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 74 - 158
GollyGTFC
July 28, 2022, 9:00am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Have you ? And will you be willing to share their response with us all? Free speech isn't banned but you are absolutely laying into them as though everything is a disaster. Given the responses you get, maybe you need to amend your expectations a little?

Sorry, but i expect things to be at least the same as it was under the previous regime and if possible much better. There are parts of the clubs output that are noticeable worse and I am not going to be silenced from expressing my opinion by people who conflate supporting a football team with defending every aspect of the operation of it however patently obvious the issue at hand is.

We are 2 days from the start of the season and the club hasn’t announced the iFollow alternative. The only communication other than a price list and them copy and pasting a list of matches I had put on here a week earlier has come from the private Twitter account of a club employee who ominously included the word “hopefully”.

Given how the ticket website doesn’t send emails for either orders or for password resets that is extremely concerning. i.e. our other online services are far from perfect and have been riddled with issues.

I appreciate a lot of people on here live in NE Lincolnshire and the wider area within the BBC Radio Humberside transmitter area, but I and many other don’t and rely on iFollow when we’re in the EFL.

As it’s a new service they should have had this all in place in good time and maybe could have broadcast the Lincoln friendly as a trial run just for those who had already purchased a season pass.

And communication. Keep the fans updated via the website and social media. How difficult is that?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 75 - 158
Mayaman
July 28, 2022, 9:26am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Hardly laying into them.  He's raising an important issue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 158
Mikey_345
July 28, 2022, 9:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

We are 2 days from the start of the season and the club hasn’t announced the iFollow alternative. The only communication other than a price list and them copy and pasting a list of matches I had put on here a week earlier has come from the private Twitter account of a club employee who ominously included the word “hopefully”.

Sorry but they clearly have 'announced' the ifollow alternative, they just haven't launched it yet. Difficult to launch something that isn't ready yet. We were confirmed to be back in the EFL only a few weeks ago, which doesn't leave bundles of time to develop and launch a new service - the fact they may do so in time for the season is impressive.

Whilst you are entitled to your opinion, that is absolutely true - others are allowed to disagree with you, and in fact say when they think you're talking rubbish. It isn't about 'defending every aspect' its about being fair and pragmatic about the situation.

The improvements in all aspects of the club are there to see. Think you're being incredibly harsh in this constant criticism of the club to turn round some aspects of their operation in such a small pre-season window this year. Did any of us think we'd be in the EFL again so quickly, probably not. With that comes a lot of changes that are needed, at pace, and I for one am very happy with the club as a whole. Some small improvements needed of course, that is the same in most companies, but all in all i think they've done a cracking job personally.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 158
diehardmariner
July 28, 2022, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
Whilst I think his tone is a little off, Golly raises a fair few good points.  

There's a fair few issues that have identified themselves over the summer when it comes to the website (especially around tickets) and having ditched iFollow there should be a replacement by now.  I fully appreciate the incredibly tight timescales on this but the communications has been quite poor.  So much has been done to re-engage the fan base, it would be a grave shame to see it partly undone.

Fingers crossed the platform will launch asap and in time for the first game, allowing those outside the BBC Humberside reach to listen to the game.  But if that's not going to happen, there needs to be something said.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 158
toontown
July 28, 2022, 10:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,276
Gold Stars: 70

So you want the advantages of a season  ticket without any of the disadvantages? If everybody could just buy a season ticket and then demand their money back for any (every?) Game they don't go to then their is no advantage to the club whatsoever. They have to keep all the money to one side in case they need to repay it!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 158
MarshMariner
July 28, 2022, 10:50am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from ginnywings

Sorry, no.

I'm a dunderhead with 'puters.

No problem all sorted, I have moved to New Jersey
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 158
GrimPol
July 28, 2022, 10:56am
Fine Wine Drinker

Sell your ticket for the day on ebay like thousands of Premier club season ticket holders seem to do.
Hell, you might start a trend and start ticket-touting in Grimsby.

Have ticket touts ever operated in Grimsby?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 158
Rodley Mariner
July 28, 2022, 11:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Can you not listen via BBC Sounds if you're wireless transistor radio isn't in range of Radio Humberside?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 158
Poojah
July 28, 2022, 11:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Can you not listen via BBC Sounds if you're wireless transistor radio isn't in range of Radio Humberside?

Not now we’re back in the league, as far as I’m aware. There are blackouts of EFL commentaries online during games.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 158
Roast Em Bobby
July 28, 2022, 11:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
Golly - If Mariners TV isn’t launched in time, it should still be possible to buy via the Orient website, obviously you’d need a VPN but you’d need that anyway with Mariners TV.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 158
out of town
July 28, 2022, 11:20am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Gold Stars: 10
Is there a way to transfer a ticket to a friend?

Say I can't make a game, do I need to physically give someone my season ticket or can I send them the QR code?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 158
GollyGTFC
July 28, 2022, 1:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Golly - If Mariners TV isn’t launched in time, it should still be possible to buy via the Orient website, obviously you’d need a VPN but you’d need that anyway with Mariners TV.

I’m going to the match. And I’m a VPN veteran from the pre-COVID days.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 86 - 158
GollyGTFC
July 28, 2022, 1:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
Whilst I think his tone is a little off, Golly raises a fair few good points.  

There's a fair few issues that have identified themselves over the summer when it comes to the website (especially around tickets) and having ditched iFollow there should be a replacement by now.  I fully appreciate the incredibly tight timescales on this but the communications has been quite poor.  So much has been done to re-engage the fan base, it would be a grave shame to see it partly undone.

Fingers crossed the platform will launch asap and in time for the first game, allowing those outside the BBC Humberside reach to listen to the game.  But if that's not going to happen, there needs to be something said.

Transparency is a word we keep hearing, but communication from the club ranges from average to appalling.

If it’s not ready they should be transparent and just tell us. We’re all adults. Yes it will be embarrassing for the club but not half as embarrassing and infuriating as announcing it at 1PM on Saturday will be.

If the club say nothing then they lose control of the narrative.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 87 - 158
samg
July 28, 2022, 1:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Will commentary of the game be on Humberside?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 158
diehardmariner
July 28, 2022, 1:39pm
Vodka Drinker
I think it's probably harsh to say it ranges from appalling to average.

Whilst I agree there needs to be improvements, I'm equally happy to cut them some slack.  I've been in the ticket office a few times in recent weeks (season ticket renewal and collecting Orient tickets).  Both times they were absolutely rushed off their feet, front and back of the office.  This summer we've had record sales of everything, be it tickets or shirts.  To put it simply, they can't cope and they know this.  There's a new job getting advertised every week at the minute so they're clearly trying to build the capacity to meet the demand.  It just won't happen over night.

1878 sort of hinted that promotion came too early for us.  I think this is an example of it.
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 158
diehardmariner
July 28, 2022, 1:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Not now we’re back in the league, as far as I’m aware. There are blackouts of EFL commentaries online during games.

Which I've never understood.  I get the argument for having a black out on the TV Broadcast of games on a Saturday afternoon, but online commentaries just seems the most bizarre block out.  Especially when non-online commentary is allowed.  I'm guessing it's something to do with the rights?

Anyone able to offer any insight as to why it's in place?
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 158
Poojah
July 28, 2022, 1:55pm
Vodka Drinker

Which I've never understood.  I get the argument for having a black out on the TV Broadcast of games on a Saturday afternoon, but online commentaries just seems the most bizarre block out.  Especially when non-online commentary is allowed.  I'm guessing it's something to do with the rights?

It didn’t used to be the case. From memory, it came in to play in the mid-to-late noughties when the football league launched their digital platform across its member clubs.

From memory the original advent was Mariners Player, which cost around £50 per year to access online commentaries and other [not very] premium video content.

It was just away of screwing money out of exiles, ultimately.

Edit: it was originally called Mariners World.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 158
jamesgtfc
July 28, 2022, 2:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Sorry, but i expect things to be at least the same as it was under the previous regime and if possible much better. There are parts of the clubs output that are noticeable worse and I am not going to be silenced from expressing my opinion by people who conflate supporting a football team with defending every aspect of the operation of it however patently obvious the issue at hand is.

Given how the ticket website doesn’t send emails for either orders or for password resets that is extremely concerning. i.e. our other online services are far from perfect and have been riddled with issues.

I appreciate a lot of people on here live in NE Lincolnshire and the wider area within the BBC Radio Humberside transmitter area, but I and many other don’t and rely on iFollow when we’re in the EFL.

As it’s a new service they should have had this all in place in good time and maybe could have broadcast the Lincoln friendly as a trial run just for those who had already purchased a season pass.

And communication. Keep the fans updated via the website and social media. How difficult is that?

We have to accept that the world is different and the board are communicating with fans in a number of different ways that go above and beyond the website. I read the other day it is becoming more and more common for people to get the news via social media and the clubs social media output is greatly improved. Personally I only venture onto the OS via Twitter to read the news piece in full or to navigate to the ticketing website which isn't great but I'm sure it sits somewhere within their priorities. I don't recall the previous regime communicating so openly with fans via podcasts, The Guardian, Radio Humberside, the Telegraph and other media outlets. Previously the message drummed home by the club via the media was that us fans are to blame for everything and we were lucky to have them as custodians. I accept things can improve but to call it appalling is harsh in my opinion and I am quite free to use my freedom of speech to call that out. I would also like to point out the statistics that 16 people to 2 seemed to agree with my post calling it out.

People disagreed with me at the time but I've said since we got a new website that we would not be able to use iFollow but I do think it's harsh to lay into the club for not having it ready. They have explained that the EFL/iFollow came and took all their equipment away when we got relegated. If we still had their website, I am sure they would have been back and installed it by now but we don't and we have chosen to do this activity ourselves which gives us a wider degree of flexibility. The facts are that in the National League, rules regarding coverage are so outdated and clubs cannot in any circumstances stream their games live. An exception was made for Covid but we can safely consign Covid times to the past given we've completed a full season without interuption now. So, until Sunday 5th June 2022, we were still a National League club bound by National League rules and quite likely to have still been a National League club by the final whistle. Amazingly we weren't and that meant we had 7 weeks to turn things around.

The options available to do this work will be somewhat limited and I imagine the chosen supplier will already have had an orderbook. We have to wait and it's out of the clubs control. The club are hopeful and are taking a gamble but they have not committed to it being ready which is important. The messaging is careful and how twitchy they are getting around its readiness I don't know but we only became an EFL club 7 weeks ago, the deadline to deliver it will have been extremely tight which is why I'm cutting them some slack.

I'm not defending every aspect of the new ownership, I strongly disagreed with the way the badge and website launch was done and I think that the new regime perhaps pay too much attention to the skills and contributions of exiles whilst neglecting what some of us more local people can offer. I don't think it's appalling and it is certainly not a criticism, it's just an observation I've made personally but I also think it's great that exiles are being thought about more and made to feel more involved with the goings on. I guess with Jason and Andrew being exiles themselves, they have sought to put right some of the feelings they felt and that is perfectly fine.

There seems to be lots going on in terms of the footballing and non-footballing side at the moment. Rome wasn't built in a day but I'm confident that the board are listening, aren't burying their heads in the sand but can't work on everything at once either.

The Trust are also building a Commitment of Engagement which aims to ensure we get a minimum of 2 fans forums per season, a fans survey at the end of every season and a small update from the club after every board meeting. I think the fan survey is certainly overdue and there are things to probe the club with but certainly nothing worthy of tearing into them for me. Radio Humberside met with Debbie Cook last week, I'm sure there will be a Telegraph meeting at some point and probably a DN35 podcast. I would like to think one of them could ask a question surrounding the next fan survey on our wider behalf or maybe the Trust themselves know a bit more?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 158
jamesgtfc
July 28, 2022, 2:05pm
Vodka Drinker

I seem to recall having a conversation with someone at the BBC and I think the answer was that the EFL wanted the BBC to pay an astronomical amount for online commentary rights.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 158
It Bites
July 28, 2022, 2:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Transparency is a word we keep hearing, but communication from the club ranges from average to appalling.

If it’s not ready they should be transparent and just tell us. We’re all adults. Yes it will be embarrassing for the club but not half as embarrassing and infuriating as announcing it at 1PM on Saturday will be.

If the club say nothing then they lose control of the narrative.

Are you still on here moaning. You must have some friends to go play with?

Private Message
Reply: 94 - 158
ginnywings
July 28, 2022, 2:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from MarshMariner

No problem all sorted, I have moved to New Jersey

Nice; enjoy your stay.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 158
Roast Em Bobby
July 28, 2022, 2:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from jamesgtfc

We have to accept that the world is different and the board are communicating with fans in a number of different ways that go above and beyond the website. I read the other day it is becoming more and more common for people to get the news via social media and the clubs social media output is greatly improved. Personally I only venture onto the OS via Twitter to read the news piece in full or to navigate to the ticketing website which isn't great but I'm sure it sits somewhere within their priorities. I don't recall the previous regime communicating so openly with fans via podcasts, The Guardian, Radio Humberside, the Telegraph and other media outlets. Previously the message drummed home by the club via the media was that us fans are to blame for everything and we were lucky to have them as custodians. I accept things can improve but to call it appalling is harsh in my opinion and I am quite free to use my freedom of speech to call that out. I would also like to point out the statistics that 16 people to 2 seemed to agree with my post calling it out.

People disagreed with me at the time but I've said since we got a new website that we would not be able to use iFollow but I do think it's harsh to lay into the club for not having it ready. They have explained that the EFL/iFollow came and took all their equipment away when we got relegated. If we still had their website, I am sure they would have been back and installed it by now but we don't and we have chosen to do this activity ourselves which gives us a wider degree of flexibility. The facts are that in the National League, rules regarding coverage are so outdated and clubs cannot in any circumstances stream their games live. An exception was made for Covid but we can safely consign Covid times to the past given we've completed a full season without interuption now. So, until Sunday 5th June 2022, we were still a National League club bound by National League rules and quite likely to have still been a National League club by the final whistle. Amazingly we weren't and that meant we had 7 weeks to turn things around.

The options available to do this work will be somewhat limited and I imagine the chosen supplier will already have had an orderbook. We have to wait and it's out of the clubs control. The club are hopeful and are taking a gamble but they have not committed to it being ready which is important. The messaging is careful and how twitchy they are getting around its readiness I don't know but we only became an EFL club 7 weeks ago, the deadline to deliver it will have been extremely tight which is why I'm cutting them some slack.

I'm not defending every aspect of the new ownership, I strongly disagreed with the way the badge and website launch was done and I think that the new regime perhaps pay too much attention to the skills and contributions of exiles whilst neglecting what some of us more local people can offer. I don't think it's appalling and it is certainly not a criticism, it's just an observation I've made personally but I also think it's great that exiles are being thought about more and made to feel more involved with the goings on. I guess with Jason and Andrew being exiles themselves, they have sought to put right some of the feelings they felt and that is perfectly fine.

There seems to be lots going on in terms of the footballing and non-footballing side at the moment. Rome wasn't built in a day but I'm confident that the board are listening, aren't burying their heads in the sand but can't work on everything at once either.

The Trust are also building a Commitment of Engagement which aims to ensure we get a minimum of 2 fans forums per season, a fans survey at the end of every season and a small update from the club after every board meeting. I think the fan survey is certainly overdue and there are things to probe the club with but certainly nothing worthy of tearing into them for me. Radio Humberside met with Debbie Cook last week, I'm sure there will be a Telegraph meeting at some point and probably a DN35 podcast. I would like to think one of them could ask a question surrounding the next fan survey on our wider behalf or maybe the Trust themselves know a bit more?

I thought we were still going to be using the ifollow equipment for Mariners TV? I’m sure that was stated by the club quite recently
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 158
GollyGTFC
July 28, 2022, 2:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from It Bites

Are you still on here moaning. You must have some friends to go play with?

The club have sent out a couple of non related tweets, shouldn’t you go on the rumours thread and post “in coming” to be on the safe side?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 97 - 158
jamesgtfc
July 28, 2022, 2:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

I thought we were still going to be using the ifollow equipment for Mariners TV? I’m sure that was stated by the club quite recently

We've had to have infrastructure reinstalled and upgraded as it got "ripped out" after relegation. Either way, we couldn't raise an order until after 5th June and the turnaround is very quick.

[url]https://twitter.com/SamStrandt/status/1547853515027951616?t=aXyuoWMSJ3vM3uwyNFT4vA&s=19[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 158
diehardmariner
July 28, 2022, 2:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I seem to recall having a conversation with someone at the BBC and I think the answer was that the EFL wanted the BBC to pay an astronomical amount for online commentary rights.

Quoted from Poojah

It didn’t used to be the case. From memory, it came in to play in the mid-to-late noughties when the football league launched their digital platform across its member clubs.

From memory the original advent was Mariners Player, which cost around £50 per year to access online commentaries and other [not very] premium video content.

It was just away of screwing money out of exiles, ultimately.

Edit: it was originally called Mariners World.

Thank you both.

Very sad situation really.  Just shows that those decision makers in the EFL are so far removed from the fans.  Even sadder is that the clubs continue to stick with the same dinosaurs thinking it's worthwhile to drag extra money in at the source, without realising the risk of alienating and disengaging a decent size of their fan base.  Baffling.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 158
jamesgtfc
July 28, 2022, 3:24pm
Vodka Drinker

Thank you both.

Very sad situation really.  Just shows that those decision makers in the EFL are so far removed from the fans.  Even sadder is that the clubs continue to stick with the same dinosaurs thinking it's worthwhile to drag extra money in at the source, without realising the risk of alienating and disengaging a decent size of their fan base.  Baffling.

I will be paying £4.50 a month on top of whatever the licence fee is every month to listen to a BBC commentator. Absolutely farcical stuff from the powers that be. At least in non-league listening to town every Saturday was part of my licence fee.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 158
It Bites
July 28, 2022, 3:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The club have sent out a couple of non related tweets, shouldn’t you go on the rumours thread and post “in coming” to be on the safe side?

Orrrr Bless
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 158
Mayaman
July 28, 2022, 3:54pm
Brandy Drinker
I guess it's the new Grimsby.  Get it done the last minute but in style #COMEBACK KINGS #UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 158
MarinerDevil
July 28, 2022, 4:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 158
gtfc98
July 28, 2022, 4:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from MarinerDevil

"Cropper to launch one into the box..... WATERFALLS THERE!!!!"

we like to leave it late at Grimsby but we always deliver.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 158
Mayaman
July 28, 2022, 5:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Bloody hell, they've done it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 158
Poojah
July 28, 2022, 5:05pm
Vodka Drinker
The platform used is StreamAMG, which apparently allows for easy streaming to TVs via FireStick, Chromecast, Apple TV etc.

It was possible, but fiddly at best with iFollow, so this seems like an upgrade at first glance.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 158
forza ivano
July 28, 2022, 5:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
you barstewards Town - you've ruined another of Golly's gripes!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 158
jamesgtfc
July 28, 2022, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

At least he can moan about the club not being the first to announce Smith signing. More evidence of terrible communication I'm sure he will tell us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 158
Mikey_345
July 28, 2022, 5:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Golly, you ok mate? 😂

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 158
geir
July 28, 2022, 5:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9

Season pass bought!
I am so pleased with this after the terrible coverage in the NL.
Really looking forward to the season now. This will be SO great!

UTM!

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 158
Fette Schlange
July 28, 2022, 6:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -94
Will opposition fans still be able to watch via ifollow?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 158
Northbank Mariner
July 28, 2022, 6:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Well, it's all well n good having this but the f@cking won't take payment!!..bit peaved because I can't listen to pre-match interview or watch any content!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 158
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 28, 2022, 7:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Well, it's all well n good having this but the f@cking won't take payment!!..bit peaved because I can't listen to pre-match interview or watch any content!!

Send us your card details, and them 3 digits and I’ll have a go for you 🤙🏻👍🏻👌🏻

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 158
gtfc98
July 28, 2022, 8:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Poojah
The platform used is StreamAMG, which apparently allows for easy streaming to TVs via FireStick, Chromecast, Apple TV etc.

It was possible, but fiddly at best with iFollow, so this seems like an upgrade at first glance.

Yep, casts great from laptop to TV. Tried it out on the pre match interview and great quality. hope the live stream is the same!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 158
gtfc98
July 28, 2022, 8:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Fette Schlange
Will opposition fans still be able to watch via ifollow?

yes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 158
TwoLeftFeet
July 28, 2022, 9:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Does this mean that alot of the content that was on YouTube previously will only be accessible if you pay for it such as player interviews etc. Is it a good thing putting it behind a pay wall...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 158
Youngy
July 28, 2022, 9:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Does this mean that alot of the content that was on YouTube previously will only be accessible if you pay for it such as player interviews etc. Is it a good thing putting it behind a pay wall...

From what I understand, there will be free content still on Youtube (the basic match hightlights package etc) but the majority will go on the subscription service.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 158
mariner2000
July 29, 2022, 4:57am

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +171
Gold Stars: 4
Can someone confirm if you need to be out of the country when you buy the pass OR when you are watching game?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 118 - 158
GollyGTFC
July 29, 2022, 7:13am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

Quoted from jamesgtfc
At least he can moan about the club not being the first to announce Smith signing. More evidence of terrible communication I'm sure he will tell us.

Quoted from Mikey_345
Golly, you ok mate? 😂

Yeah, congratulations on getting the website up 45 hours before the season starts.

I’d wait until we all know it works properly before we get excited which was my main point about getting it launched early and using the Lincoln game as a trial run. I can remember all the home preseason friendlies were broadcast prior to the 2015/16 season for example.

Based on the issues with the official website, ticket website and club shop especially when they launched but intermittently since I’d hold fire with the congratulations for just launching a service 71 other clubs already have in place and make sure the thing actually provides the services successfully first.

But I suppose it’s baby steps and the service is on its feet now.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 119 - 158
male private Johnson
July 29, 2022, 7:35am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +170
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Yeah, congratulations on getting the website up 45 hours before the season starts.

I’d wait until we all know it works properly before we get excited which was my main point about getting it launched early and using the Lincoln game as a trial run. I can remember all the home preseason friendlies were broadcast prior to the 2015/16 season for example.

Based on the issues with the official website, ticket website and club shop especially when they launched but intermittently since I’d hold fire with the congratulations for just launching a service 71 other clubs already have in place and make sure the thing actually provides the services successfully first.

It’s not the same service as the other 71 though. It would have been simple for 1878 to go with iFollow, but they have put additional work in up front to develop a different platform to ensure a better experience for us as fans and also more revenue for the club by all accounts.

Seems like a no brainier to me and more evidence of them refusing to go down the path of least resistance that the old regime took, shirt sponsorship bring one of many examples. I’ll criticise when something actually goes wrong, not before on the off chance something might go wrong.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 158
Civvy at last
July 29, 2022, 7:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,207
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Poojah

But if a pain. But one for the oldies.
Get ceefax up on your TV. Find the page with our current score. (For some strange reason about 417 springs to mind). Then press the ‘refresh’ button every 30 seconds or so to keep up to date.
Speaking from experience this is best done with several tins of beer available, it can get a bit tedious!
I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s done this!!

UTM

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 158
jamesgtfc
July 29, 2022, 8:12am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Myself and others explained logical reasons why it's so close to the wire. We could only order this solution after 5th June and we decided to go for something different which should be congratulated, not criticised.

So many factors were out of the clubs control on this one but they've delivered something in time for the big kick off. Will there be teething problems? Potentially, but I'm confident they will be ironed out by the end of August and they've had the guts to try something new rather than the default and outdated service given to clubs under the World and then iFollow brand 20 years ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 158
GollyGTFC
July 29, 2022, 9:05am

Whiskey Drinker

It’s not the same service as the other 71 though. It would have been simple for 1878 to go with iFollow, but they have put additional work in up front to develop a different platform to ensure a better experience for us as fans and also more revenue for the club by all accounts.

Seems like a no brainier to me and more evidence of them refusing to go down the path of least resistance that the old regime took, shirt sponsorship bring one of many examples. I’ll criticise when something actually goes wrong, not before on the off chance something might go wrong.

I don’t think the majority of clubs use iFollow anymore do they? Maybe in L2, but certainly not above our level.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 123 - 158
Posh Harry
July 29, 2022, 1:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,374
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I don’t think the majority of clubs use iFollow anymore do they? Maybe in L2, but certainly not above our level.

Don’t you know the stats as to how many do and how many don’t? Tut tut golly, losing your touch 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 158
Perkins
July 29, 2022, 1:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Sorry if its been mentioned before but, i will be purchasing the specified games (if away) on a £10 per match basis, but i have to create an account in order to access them, there is no option to create an account without stipulating either a monthly or a season pass as this has to be done before i can create an account, anyone know how this works please.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 158
GrimPol
July 29, 2022, 1:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from samg
Will commentary of the game be on Humberside?

LOFC V GTFC is on DAB and Freeview chl 71
Can't say if its DAB or DAB+
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 158
jamesgtfc
July 29, 2022, 2:10pm
Vodka Drinker
I've paid my £45 but I will be disappointed if most content is behind the pay wall. The RH interview is 21 minutes, I logged in to view the video and it started with Matt Dean speaking but was just 11 minutes.

Personally I think all pre/post match interviews and comprehensive highlights should be free, as should all interviews with new signings and updates from the board. I don't think people could complain if content outside of that went behind the pay wall but you do risk cutting people off out of principle or cost pressures if you severely limit their access.

My reason for paying isn't to access content, it's to listen to JT when I'm sat watching a game elsewhere on a Saturday afternoon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 158
promotion plaice
July 29, 2022, 2:13pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,080
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from GrimPol

Can't say if its DAB or DAB+

Freeview chl 721.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 158
HatTrickHero
July 29, 2022, 2:19pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from GrimPol

Told my elderly parents to tune into Ch 71 ready for Saturday, they said they got something call Red Hot Dutch with lots of bare bottoms

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 158
Posh Harry
July 29, 2022, 2:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,374
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from HatTrickHero

Told my elderly parents to tune into Ch 71 ready for Saturday, they said they got something call Red Hot Dutch with lots of bare bottoms

CH 71 you say. Cheers for the heads up, lovely jubbly 🙂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 158
HatTrickHero
July 29, 2022, 3:04pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Posh Harry

CH 71 you say. Cheers for the heads up, lovely jubbly 🙂

Subscribe before the 31st for early bird discount and vouchers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 158
Mariner John
July 29, 2022, 4:29pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +633
Gold Stars: 54
So who's doing our commentary
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 158
HerveJosse
July 29, 2022, 7:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Paid £45 listened to pre match interview with PH
1 Good news it worked without any difficulties
2 Bad news.Noted from telewag that interview contained stuff that. Hadn’t heard so listened to same interview  interview on Humberside only to follow me it was longer and included missing stuff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 158
ginnywings
July 29, 2022, 8:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from HerveJosse
Paid £45 listened to pre match interview with PH
1 Good news it worked without any difficulties
2 Bad news.Noted from telewag that interview contained stuff that. Hadn’t heard so listened to same interview  interview on Humberside only to follow me it was longer and included missing stuff.

Yeah but you didn't get to see the cherubic features of Paul Hurst on the Humberside one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 158
headingly_mariner
July 30, 2022, 11:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Come on then techies, how easy was it to watch with a VPN? What was the quality like? What did you watch it on?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 158
GG
July 30, 2022, 11:21pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Come on then techies, how easy was it to watch with a VPN? What was the quality like? What did you watch it on?

ProtonVPN is free and worked lovely

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Reply: 136 - 158
arryarryarry
July 31, 2022, 1:47am
Barley Wine Drinker

If you go on the StreamAMG website you will find a number of Premiership and EFL clubs as well as other sports and broadcasters are using their platform.

https://streamamg.com/resources/customer-stories

Private Message
Reply: 137 - 158
Morris Minor
July 31, 2022, 9:03am

Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from headingly_mariner

My IPTV provider had 2 Leyton feeds and 2 Grimsby feeds to choose from.
The picture was the EFL one shown on ITV4 last night and the commentary was Radio Humbertside.

No buffing, lagging and no VPN required.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 158
pen penfras
July 31, 2022, 12:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Morris Minor

The picture was the EFL one shown on ITV4 last night and the commentary was Radio Humbertside.

Which provider is that? Mine didn't have anything despite having 44 ifollow channels. Got the season pass anyway, but need a good iptv
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 158
Deckhand
July 31, 2022, 12:44pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 3
If u down load OLA TV look through the tiles it has there's a few who have Ifollow under EFL games if u download it you need kshaw and ludio for OLA to work properly 🤫🤫🤫🤫 DM ME on here if you want a few tile numbers 😉 😜
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 158
smokey111
July 31, 2022, 1:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3,360
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Deckhand
If u down load OLA TV look through the tiles it has there's a few who have Ifollow under EFL games if u download it you need kshaw and ludio for OLA to work properly 🤫🤫🤫🤫 DM ME on here if you want a few tile numbers 😉 😜

Was that the shipping forecast?

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That’s how I see football, that’s how I see life.” Bill Shankly
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 158
GrimPol
July 31, 2022, 3:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from HatTrickHero

I meant 721   But probably 71 was more entertaining
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 158
Stadium
July 31, 2022, 3:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Morris Minor

This.
Across my two providers there were numerous feeds with both home & radio humberside commentary.
Stable streams with no VPN required.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 158
GrimPol
July 31, 2022, 3:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I've paid my £45 but I will be disappointed if most content is behind the pay wall. The RH interview is 21 minutes, I logged in to view the video and it started with Matt Dean speaking but was just 11 minutes.

Personally I think all pre/post match interviews and comprehensive highlights should be free, as should all interviews with new signings and updates from the board. I don't think people could complain if content outside of that went behind the pay wall but you do risk cutting people off out of principle or cost pressures if you severely limit their access.

My reason for paying isn't to access content, it's to listen to JT when I'm sat watching a game elsewhere on a Saturday afternoon.

MarinersTV which is actually streamed by StreamAMG can be accessed by using Opera Browser with built-in free VPN.
The thing which threw me was that Single Camera stream was actually commentated by Radio Humberside.
Preamble was, I assume, Leyton Orient's own commentator, and as soon as the whistle went, it clicked into Radio Humberside.
Not SKY Sports, with slo mo replay of ball boy retrieving the ball, but not bad. It will do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 158
ginnywings
July 31, 2022, 4:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from GG

ProtonVPN is free and worked lovely

I have the free version of Proton and it's pretty good. Didn't imagine it would work for this purpose as it's obviously limited compared to the paid version.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 158
Morris Minor
July 31, 2022, 4:34pm

Snakebite drinker
Is there any way of signing into Mariners TV to see the interviews etc without buying a subscription for the games?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 158
DB
July 31, 2022, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Morris Minor
Is there any way of signing into Mariners TV to see the interviews etc without buying a subscription for the games?

Is there any way of watching a match live without paying?
Is there any way of wearing a town shirt without paying for one?
Is there any way to get a pint and food at a game without paying for it?

A true fan will pay and enjoy as all monies paid go into the club to help the club prosper. The days of Fentyeconomics are over.

Support the club in a proper manner.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 158
Morris Minor
July 31, 2022, 8:36pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from DB

Was only asking if it's possible to see the You Tube stuff we enjoyed last season again this season.

Is there any way of watching a match live without paying?   Yes. The company have executive box.
Is there any way of wearing a town shirt without paying for one?  Yes, the company sponsor a players kit. Got 6 shirts in the cupboard
Is there any way to get a pint and food at a game without paying for it?  Yes. Company sponsor game and you get meal and wine.

A true fan will pay and enjoy as all monies paid go into the club to help the club prosper. The days of Fentyeconomics are over.

Support the club in a proper manner. I do and I will see at least 45 more league games this season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 158
TonySmith
July 31, 2022, 10:59pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +968
Gold Stars: 11
Just wanted to say thanks to the technical team that have got Mariners TV up and running. Even with my American credit card, signing up was so simple. I expected some teething problems with the first game and would have totally understood if there had been, but the picture quality was excellent, and the commentary synched perfectly with the picture. I really enjoyed watching the game, even if the result was disappointing. For one game at least, just being back in the football league and being able to watch it live was more than enough. Dodgy penalty and goal of the season contender aside, that performance would have been good enough to grind out a point against a very decent Orient team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 158
Grantley
July 31, 2022, 11:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Quoted from Morris Minor

So despite already getting everything for free, you can’t even have the decency to support the club in person anymore?

Parasite.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 158
DB
August 4, 2022, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Has anybody been able to watch or listen to Hurst's pre-match on Mariners TV. All I get is

Live streams will be available for most matches this season. However, this stream is not available in your area due to broadcasting rights being sold.

I thought this just applied to live matches etc.only.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 158
Mikey_345
August 4, 2022, 5:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from DB
Has anybody been able to watch or listen to Hurst's pre-match on Mariners TV. All I get is

Live streams will be available for most matches this season. However, this stream is not available in your area due to broadcasting rights being sold.

Got the same, must be a small bug in the new system - sure they will rectify soon.

Edit: they already fixed it

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 158
DB
August 4, 2022, 5:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mikey_345

Got the same, must be a small bug in the new system - sure they will rectify soon.

Thanks for the info.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 158
AussieMariner
August 4, 2022, 5:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from DB

Sounds like the message you’re getting is a bit of a glitch but I think the interviews fall into the category of premium content that is only available to subscribers
I’ve got a monthly subscription and it works fine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 158
Mikey_345
August 4, 2022, 5:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from AussieMariner

Sounds like the message you’re getting is a bit of a glitch but I think the interviews fall into the category of premium content that is only available to subscribers
I’ve got a monthly subscription and it works fine

See a few people not happy it's behind a paywall. It's only a cut down version of Matt Deans interview, which is freely available on BBC sounds, and is twice the length - don't see the issue myself.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 158
BenBB
August 4, 2022, 5:48pm

Table Wine Drinker
Interview on Humberside / BBC Sounds - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cr4nq6

Longer than the one on MTV (heh) too - did have the same issue you were saying but seems to be working now.

Logged Offline
Reply: 156 - 158
DB
August 4, 2022, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mikey_345

See a few people not happy it's behind a paywall. It's only a cut down version of Matt Deans interview, which is freely available on BBC sounds, and is twice the length - don't see the issue myself.

Mine's working ok now. I did see Mike Deans so wandered over to Mariners TV. Must have been a glitch as you posted.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 158
gtfc98
August 4, 2022, 5:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
worked for me

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 158
16 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners TV

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.