5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
July 18, 2022, 7:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,204
Gold Stars: 51
I think the FA should give a commendation to Luke Waterfall for not letting any other player on either team head a ball in the penalty areas.    

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
aldi_01
July 18, 2022, 7:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I understand the principal behind it but modern day football, well, the balls themselves are significantly different to those of yesteryear and to be fair, in all my years refereeing kids football, I barely saw one head it anyway.

I appreciate you get it in the mens game but for me, whilst I understand the issues caused, removing heading from the game completely simply changes the game completely…not sure we want that?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
barrattstandman
July 18, 2022, 8:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 17
So you ban heading for kids U12 . What happens when a ball comes at them head night when challenging for it .?
Kid A can't head it but kid B goes in with his foot high cos he can't head it  . Result boot in head .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
July 18, 2022, 8:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from It Bites
I see the FA are trailing banning heading for U12 . About time , I can't believe it's taken this long . I would hazard a guess that a total ban on heading in all football will happen in the next 10 years

One of the most blatant trolling posts I have seen on here

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
July 18, 2022, 8:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from male private Nale

You have to factor in the medicine type balls professionals were heading back in the 60's and 70's compared to the balls professionals use today.

I do not see a total ban in the professional game ever happening.

Sir, I salute you

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
It Bites
July 18, 2022, 8:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266

One of the most blatant trolling posts I have seen on here

No it's reporting the news and offering my opinion.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
HerveJosse
July 18, 2022, 9:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Having survived todays heat red alert and covid I might just allow my granddaughter to continue to play football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
White_shorts
July 19, 2022, 3:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Poojah
Remove heading from the game and the game you have left no longer resembles football as we know it. How would corners work? Can you still kick the ball high and long?

Presumably defenders would give away a penalty if they cleared the ball with their head, so I imagine it would lead to more goalmouth scrambles.

There are a few dinosaurs here. The sport is football, not headball. Have you forgotten what games were like when goalkeepers were allowed to handle backpasses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX2HcvMkOiA

If ex footballers with brain damage sue the FA, then the rules will likely be changed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
White_shorts
July 19, 2022, 3:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Poojah
Remove heading from the game and the game you have left no longer resembles football as we know it. How would corners work? Can you still kick the ball high and long?

Presumably defenders would give away a penalty if they cleared the ball with their head, so I imagine it would lead to more goalmouth scrambles.

There are a few dinosaurs here. The sport is football, not headball. Have you forgotten what games were like when goalkeepers were allowed to handle backpasses?

If ex footballers with brain damage sue the FA, then the rules will likely be changed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
aldi_01
July 19, 2022, 3:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from White_shorts

This is the most confusing thing I’ve read…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Heading the ball

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.