Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kit supply : not just gtfc!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 135 Guests

Kit supply : not just gtfc!

This thread currently has 3,361 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
ex-merseymariner
July 25, 2022, 7:24am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,402
Gold Stars: 9

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62256634

For those complaining about the availability of the new kit, this gives some context.....

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
July 25, 2022, 7:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
But it is…people on here said so and have one example of a team dealing with it…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
jamesgtfc
July 25, 2022, 8:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Only 7% of kit sales is kept by clubs which is shocking! Don't Palace wear Macron?

Barnsley who have Puma kits played their first friendly (unsure about subsequent) in last seasons away kit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
Theimperialcoroner
July 25, 2022, 10:18am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
Kevin McGuire from the Price of Football was on the radio this morning and a ManC shirt is £70 or £100 if you want a match day one. That’s an staggering £30 more than the same garment from the same supplier costs for a Stockport one. Obscene.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
oochiad
July 25, 2022, 10:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
44 out of the 92 clubs have kit forsale at the moment. Puts our situation into perspective, all those impatient people!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
HertsGTFC
July 25, 2022, 10:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Only 7% of kit sales is kept by clubs which is shocking! Don't Palace wear Macron?

Barnsley who have Puma kits played their first friendly (unsure about subsequent) in last seasons away kit.

I'd assume that "7% commission" refers to kit sold by 3rd parties, you'd expect that margin to be higher when sold through club shops.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
oochiad
July 25, 2022, 12:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
7% is for the Premiership, I believe it’s much higher for the lower leagues
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
Marinerdan
July 25, 2022, 2:16pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +957
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from oochiad
7% is for the Premiership, I believe it’s much higher for the lower leagues

I think the Premiership teams get a chunky fee upfront on top of this too.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
Gaffer58
July 25, 2022, 2:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Something was said when Dixons were our shirt sponsor, I believe they paid £100k to the club but it was sad they would get a significant amount of that back as they would get a percentage of every shirt sold.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
The Yard Dog
July 25, 2022, 2:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Caught the back end of the story on talksport this morning, its not just relica tops, some clubs do not have their new kits for the first teams available at the moment.

Thats the problem these days when everything is manufactured abroad. I worked for Falcon Cycles when all the bikes were manufactured in Brigg, employing two to three hundred people then a big wig had a idea to have the bikes manufactured abroad in Turkey & Vietman to save a tenner per bike, resulting in all those job losses.

I said at the time it was a bad move, ordering 6 months in adavnce, no flexability with production, quality control and delivery times. I was proved right, we had poor quality build, when the bikes did arrive, did not sell (reduced the price of bike in the end to shift them), had this happened while being made in Brigg, production was altered to meet customer demand,  A ship sink with thousands of bikes lost, disrupting the whole supply chain.  In the end cost all those people's jobs for nothing in the end.

I try not to buy anything that's made in China, but its getting harder to find alternative options.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kit supply : not just gtfc!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.