July 26, 2022, 12:43am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,152
Gold Stars: 46
The BTL (Below-The-Line) comments to the article are fruity from the outset:

This an advertisement for the Tory Party?If so I wish you the worst of luck.

‘Fascinating’ insight into the mindset of the Tory name and policy dropper …… must be after being included in one of The Criminal Liar’s ‘farewell’ honours list… quite happy to brag about taking his team to Tenerife which quite a few clubs in the EFL - never mind the NL they have just left - would regard as shameless and wasteful posturing….

Meanwhile - 'ThankYouJohn' stutters in from a boozy weekend with:

Well Mr Stockwood, you may be the current tenant but you’re not ‘the owner’. The club belongs to to town.

I always read the Guardian comments for a laugh ,there’s plenty on their that seem to have some kind of mental illness that makes them scream the word ‘ Tory ‘ at anyone that’s not chained to a statue.😂
They just don’t seem to get how off putting they must be to the swing voters that their parties are desperate to win back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
July 26, 2022, 6:12am
Guest User
Quoted from grimps

I always read the Guardian comments for a laugh ,there’s plenty on their that seem to have some kind of mental illness that makes them scream the word ‘ Tory ‘ at anyone that’s not chained to a statue.😂
They just don’t seem to get how off putting they must be to the swing voters that their parties are desperate to win back

I'm well to the left of centre but find Guardian reader comments utterly tedious. I read the paper for decades until about  eighteen years ago when I finally tired of their patronising outlook.

Reply: 12 - 16
AdamHaddock
July 26, 2022, 8:09am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
When did writing in the Guardian get you three points on a Saturday

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 28, 2022, 12:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Since when has a regular column in The Guardian ever got you 3 lines in their L2 preview:

Under new local-boys-made-good owners and a familiar face in Paul Hurst, Grimsby need not fret about survival and should feel inspired by Sutton United, whose first campaign in the Football League was a resounding triumph. Matt Gray led his team to the final of the EFL Trophy and within a point of the playoffs, but they are short on goals and while replicating that showing looks tricky, they should have enough to steer clear of trouble.

[url]https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/28/league-two-2022-23-preview-the-contenders-hopefuls-and-strugglers[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Manchester Mariner
July 28, 2022, 1:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Never read the comments on any online publication no matter what political persuasion. Only mentalist internet people use the comment sections and they only seem to exist in some sort of alternative online reality of fury which has no resemblance to everyday normal life.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
bedders78
July 28, 2022, 1:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +839
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
Never read the comments on any online publication no matter what political persuasion. Only mentalist internet people use the comment sections and they only seem to exist in some sort of alternative online reality of fury which has no resemblance to everyday normal life.

See also: football forums

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood in The Guardian

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.