Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ye Gods!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 170 Guests

Ye Gods!

This thread currently has 6,594 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Withnail
October 21, 2022, 8:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Trigger warning! (Paywall in place) https://www.thetimes.co.uk/art.....ht-on-cctv-cx83nf7p9

Only mentions us fleetingly - says Grimsby fans hate him but he loved his time with us.

Reading the comments below the line he’s still held in very high regard by the general public albeit not fans from Millwall, Plymouth and Town…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
aldi_01
October 21, 2022, 9:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Withnail
Trigger warning! (Paywall in place) https://www.thetimes.co.uk/art.....ht-on-cctv-cx83nf7p9

Only mentions us fleetingly - says Grimsby fans hate him but he loved his time with us.

Hate is a strong word, sadly not strong enough…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
Poojah
October 21, 2022, 9:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,778
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from Withnail

Reading the comments below the line he’s still held in very high regard by the general public albeit not fans from Millwall, Plymouth and Town…

He can say what he wants. A disingenuous charlatan, here on false pretences. That we recovered quickly takes nothing away from the disregard he showed this club during his tenure.

A nasty little shít stain on our club’s history; may he never speak of us again.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
moosey_club
October 21, 2022, 9:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Civvy at last

So why not 1 team talk outside ?

It took me 30 seconds after reading that to think of this.
Surely someone at the Club could have thought of it ??

Because its harder to throw the darts through a window...games would take ages

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
ginnywings
October 21, 2022, 10:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
I'll give him credit for one thing.

Watching us in that last season of his, he made me believe that I could have played for GTFC. That's how bad we were.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
BenBB
October 22, 2022, 2:56am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +842
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Withnail

No paywall - https://archive.ph/wiFNB

Only reference to us is:

Quoted Text

It’s an itinerant profession, often just a passing passion, often enraging fans left behind. “When I left Plymouth after I’d told them how much I love them they f***ing hated me. I left Grimsby, they f***ing hate me and it’s pretty nasty. But the fact is I loved being there at that time.”

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 37
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 22, 2022, 8:50am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +880
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Maringer
Admits he got it wrong with recruitment during the pandemic and signed 5 strikers without seeing them play.

Not exactly a mea culpa, but at least he's honest that he messed up.

He has been 'honest' now (allegedly), but if he had admitted it at the time and explained his reasoning and not strung everyone along, rather than his callous disregard to everyone who could plainly see through his inability to rebuild a successful team, maybe fans would only want to run him over with a steamroller...

...........rather than ripping his head off, shitting down his neck until he chokes.............and then running him over with a steamroller.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
Poojah
October 22, 2022, 9:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,778
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from BenBB

No paywall - https://archive.ph/wiFNB

Only reference to us is:

See, here’s the thing, hate is indeed a strong word, and a word I don’t use lightly.  But I do hate Ian Holloway.

I hate him in a way I don’t hate Nicky Law, Russell Slade or Marcus Bignot. All incompetent buffoons in their own special way, but you can’t hate someone for not being capable of doing their job at that moment in time; most of us have bitten off more than we can chew at one time or another.

What I hate about the bloke is that he was happy to use the club as a plaything for his own financial gain, simply couldn’t be bothered as soon as as that financial prospect had disappeared, and left as soon as a viable excuse arrived.

He was complicit in a scheme that could have destroyed this club, and almost did even though it didn’t come off. Imagine a world where Jason Stockwood and Andrew Pettit weren’t waiting in the wings. We’re Scunny, effectively, we’re in the NLN at best and we’ll never return. He didn’t give a fúck about this club, or its fans, whatever he says.

We’re very fortunate. Today we have a full house ahead of a League Two fixture against Bradford, funnily enough the side we faced in front of an empty BP in Holloway’s final game. To the absolute credit of our new owners, things are more positive than I can remember at any point following Town - even in 1998.

But all of that is in spite of Ian Holloway. As I said last night, a nasty little shít stain on our club’s history. A man of many words, most of them treacherously dishonest.

A traitor and a charlatan, never welcome in our town again.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ye Gods!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.