Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 142 Guests

Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early

This thread currently has 16,718 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc98
August 2, 2022, 6:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
I thought I heard Jason say "Paul has his eye on a permanent...." before being cut off inadvertently by Matt Dean. So perhaps the Dallas rumour does have some legs, although I suspect that one came almost entirely from the club posting the video of him assisting our winner at the London Stadium.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 118
forza ivano
August 2, 2022, 7:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
was there a subtle little dig at JSF in there from Jason? He was talking about the huge increase in wages McAtee will get by joining Luton. Said it was something they couldn't match and it wasn't like in the past when it was only a couple of hundred quid that would make the difference.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 118
MuddyWaters
August 2, 2022, 7:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from aldi_01
May be Fenty needed the money to pay HMRC the cash he owes them?

For information

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01940180/filing-history
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 118
arryarryarry
August 2, 2022, 8:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from DB
Jason said they might have got more but the loan back clinched the deal. It's nice to know that money is no longer the be-all at Town and the future of the team and club are. Building firm foundations I seem to recall Jason said some time ago.

We seem to have struck gold with Jason and Andrew as owners. They make some blunders along the way but their hearts are in the right place.

Or it could be saving a couple of hundred thousand pounds on a replacement.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 118
forza ivano
August 2, 2022, 10:44pm

Exile
Quoted from arryarryarry

Or it could be saving a couple of hundred thousand pounds on a replacement.

so it's not  a good bit of business then?

not good that McAtee has got his future sorted out in an amicable manner , and is happy to continue to play for us for the next 9 months?

not good that we've got a good proportion of the fee up front, which will help our cashflow and will have been a factor in being able to pay Fenty off early?

not good that we seem to have got a good start to a relationship with Luton?

not good that we have got a good deal for a player who otherwise would have left for naff all in the summer?

and how do you know when we won't be signing anyone else? what it does mean, with Mcatee staying, is that we won't be held to ransom by a selling club who knows we've got money and are desperate for a replacement. We can take our time , maybe even to the extent of starting conversations with players for next summer.

or perhaps you'd like us to spend £200,000 on a modern day Murray Jones or Jimmy Gilligan, just to fill a number 9 shirt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 118
Kris2
August 2, 2022, 11:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from aldi_01

Therein lies the issue…he doesn’t pay HMRC what they’re owed, honest John doesn’t seem to think he has to…

Paying tax is for poor people, rich people have ways around it. Probably why he gave his personal accountant a position on the board for free to rant at fans for daring to question how things are run in what will always go down as the weirdest fans forum ever.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 118
arryarryarry
August 2, 2022, 11:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from forza ivano

so it's not  a good bit of business then?

not good that McAtee has got his future sorted out in an amicable manner , and is happy to continue to play for us for the next 9 months?

not good that we've got a good proportion of the fee up front, which will help our cashflow and will have been a factor in being able to pay Fenty off early?

not good that we seem to have got a good start to a relationship with Luton?

not good that we have got a good deal for a player who otherwise would have left for naff all in the summer?

and how do you know when we won't be signing anyone else? what it does mean, with Mcatee staying, is that we won't be held to ransom by a selling club who knows we've got money and are desperate for a replacement. We can take our time , maybe even to the extent of starting conversations with players for next summer.

or perhaps you'd like us to spend £200,000 on a modern day Murray Jones or Jimmy Gilligan, just to fill a number 9 shirt

Erm.................where did I say "not good" quite the opposite, I would have said it was very good business to sell him but keep him for the year.

As per my point, if he had just left we would have had to spend a significant amount on a replacement. Yes I know we are probably looking for another striker but letting him go would have meant we would likely have had to buy two more goal scorers.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 118
ginnywings
August 2, 2022, 11:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from arryarryarry

Erm.................where did I say "not good" quite the opposite, I would have said it was very good business to sell him but keep him for the year.

As per my point, if he had just left we would have had to spend a significant amount on a replacement. Yes I know we are probably looking for another striker but letting him go would have meant we would likely have had to buy two more goal scorers.

Not often I agree with you arry but I do on this.

DB said it's nice to know that money isn't the be all, but as you pointed out, it's always about the money and the fact we haven't got to go out and spend it on a replacement in fees and wages is a good thing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 118
forza ivano
August 2, 2022, 11:33pm

Exile
Quoted from arryarryarry

dunno if it's just me , but your post certainly didn't read like that. More like a dig that we haven't gone out and spent money on a striker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 118
coddy60
August 3, 2022, 4:30am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from forza ivano
was there a subtle little dig at JSF in there from Jason? He was talking about the huge increase in wages McAtee will get by joining Luton. Said it was something they couldn't match and it wasn't like in the past when it was only a couple of hundred quid that would make the difference.....

I also took that comment as a cheeky dig, and raised a glass to Jason, very good 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood interview: debt to be cleared early

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.