Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Correction Needed on Website
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider, Googlebot and 149 Guests

Correction Needed on Website

This thread currently has 2,067 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
August 3, 2022, 2:11pm
Guest User
I was just looking around our new website and I spotted something not right.  Pretty sure it's not my computer, but in The Visitors and Fans section, the heading at the top has no spaces between words, and that makes it difficult to read, as well as not looking very professional.  I would appreciate it if some one else could check it out, to make sure I have not got it wrong.

Edit:  Ok so I had to press ctrl and scroll with the mouse wheel to increase the size of the page to 125%, which is fine for me, with my bad eyesight, others maybe not so much.  However, there is a problem increasing the page size to 125%, as when you go back to the home page, you cannot see the headings that go across the top of the page.
mariner83
August 3, 2022, 2:15pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from 123614
I was just looking around our new website and I spotted something not right.  Pretty sure it's not my computer, but in The Visitors and Fans section, the heading at the top has no spaces between words, and that makes it difficult to read, as well as not looking very professional.  I would appreciate it if some one else could check it out, to make sure I have not got it wrong.

Edit:  Ok so I had to press ctrl and scroll with the mouse wheel to increase the size of the page to 125%, which is fine for m, with my bad eyesight, others maybe not so much.

HERE’S A FEW DETAILS WHICH WE THINK WILL MAKE YOUR VISIT TO BLUNDELL PARK RUN SMOOTHLY, AND WILL HOPEFULLY MAKE YOUR VISIT TO GRIMSBY TOWN MORE WELCOMING.

it does have spaces, (copied and pasted above direct from the site) it's just not the clearest font.

[url=https://gtfc.co.uk/visitors/]https://gtfc.co.uk/visitors/[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
August 3, 2022, 2:25pm
Guest User
That link looks like this on my PC:-

HERE’SAFEWDETAILWHICHWETHINKWILLMAKEYOURVISITTOBLUNDELLPARRUNSMOOTHLY,ANDWILLHOPEFULLYMAKEYOURVISITTOGRIMSBYTOWNMOREWELCOMING.  

I'm not a techie in any way at all, but could it be something to do with the resolution?
Reply: 2 - 19
mariner83
August 3, 2022, 2:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Just checked it on my phone and it looks fine, so I think it could be to do with viewing it on a desktop

[img]https://i.imgur.com/9iua9qZl.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
SteffiMariner
August 3, 2022, 3:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Fine on my desktop, font isn't the greatest, though can still read it and has spaces.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
August 3, 2022, 3:01pm
Guest User
You're probably right.
Reply: 5 - 19
August 3, 2022, 3:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from SteffiMariner
Fine on my desktop, font isn't the greatest, though can still read it and has spaces.

That makes me think that it's a resolution thing.

Reply: 6 - 19
gtfc_chris
August 3, 2022, 3:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
I'm more concerned about the Terms Agreed for McTee on the front page.He's kind of a big deal around here, you'd think we'd get his name right.

Anyone else not miss having big things to worry about?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
lew chaterleys lover
August 3, 2022, 5:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from 123614

Edit:  Ok so I had to press ctrl and scroll with the mouse wheel to increase the size of the page to 125%, which is fine for me, with my bad eyesight, others maybe not so much.  However, there is a problem increasing the page size to 125%, as when you go back to the home page, you cannot see the headings that go across the top of the page.

Yes, it's terrible on my desktop. Looks like a continuous line which is very difficult to read. Not the most important thing in the world obviously but needs sorting nonetheless.

The headline on the official site though with McAtee spelt wrongly is extremely disappointing and it has yet to be corrected.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
HerveJosse
August 3, 2022, 7:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144

Yes, it's terrible on my desktop. Looks like a continuous line which is very difficult to read. Not the most important thing in the world obviously but needs sorting nonetheless.

The headline on the official site though with McAtee spelt wrongly is extremely disappointing and it has yet to be corrected.

Would we have got more money if we had included the A in the deal?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
BenBB
August 3, 2022, 7:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +842
Gold Stars: 30

[img]https://i.imgur.com/4rBNRil.png[/img]

Not just that, the picture is of Harry Clifton rather than McAtee too 🤣

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 19
lew chaterleys lover
August 3, 2022, 7:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

Would we have got more money if we had included the A in the deal?

I dunno, what do you think?

I do know that you don't allow the Headline on the clubs official site to spell the name of our star player, our talisman who has been the number 1 topic of conversation this week wrongly.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
aldi_01
August 3, 2022, 7:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Certainly not SEND friendly and anyone with a diagnosed or undiagnosed SLCN would find our website difficult to read given the font choice and the overuse of capital letters…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
HerveJosse
August 3, 2022, 7:54pm
Champagne Drinker

I dunno, what do you think?

I do know that you don't allow the Headline on the clubs official site to spell the name of our star player, our talisman who has been the number 1 topic of conversation this week wrongly.

Perhaps we retained the A as part of the loan back arrangement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
lew chaterleys lover
August 3, 2022, 8:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

Perhaps we retained the A as part of the loan back arrangement

I will give you that one!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
HerveJosse
August 3, 2022, 8:26pm
Champagne Drinker

I will give you that one!

Or possibly confused it with the signing of MTees from Luton
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 3, 2022, 8:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Hopefully we’ve pulled off a Makofo and Luton will find out in July that they’ve signed wee Jock McTee from our Under 11s.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
August 3, 2022, 8:45pm
Guest User
So is anyone in a position where they can speak to someone at the club about this?  If it isn't sorted out soon, we will become the laughing stock of League 2.
Reply: 17 - 19
Croxton
August 3, 2022, 8:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from 123614
So is anyone in a position where they can speak to someone at the club about this?  If it isn't sorted out soon, we will become the laughing stock of League 2.

Bloody hell I thought the poster had cleverly put Harry's head on there!  It's actually so wrong it's Wright. Maxing out the humour value.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
BenBB
August 3, 2022, 10:44pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +842
Gold Stars: 30
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Tflwiz1.png[/img]

Well they've fixed the headline now, still has Clifton though 🤣

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Correction Needed on Website

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.