Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Ticket seat release question.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 143 Guests

Season Ticket seat release question.

This thread currently has 2,306 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Limerick Mariner
August 16, 2022, 1:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138
But importantly the whole ethos of 1878 means that STH appear happy to do this without reward.

My own view is that something should be given - discount code for the club shop but ideally credit on the ST card for renewal next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
oochiad
August 16, 2022, 2:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Credit for next seasons season ticket though would mean the club would lose out on money. It’s not the clubs fault if you can’t make some matches, that’s the commitment you make when you buy one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
crusty ole pie
August 16, 2022, 2:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from oochiad
Credit for next seasons season ticket though would mean the club would lose out on money. It’s not the clubs fault if you can’t make some matches, that’s the commitment you make when you buy one.

Not sure about that the season ticket holder paid £18 for the match he donates it to the club who resell it for £23 they credit the holder £5 against next years st so the club as actually made £36 for the match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Lost in Lincoln
August 16, 2022, 2:57pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Not sure about that the season ticket holder paid £18 for the match he donates it to the club who resell it for £23 they credit the holder £5 against next years st so the club as actually made £36 for the match.

That's assuming the seat sells...

Unless it's a total home sell out, the club don't make anything extra.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 16
Limerick Mariner
August 16, 2022, 3:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

That's assuming the seat sells...

Unless it's a total home sell out, the club don't make anything extra.

That’s an IT thing - the system would only generate the credit of the seat resells. Might have to be manually done - by TO staff which would be a burden.

Any road up - difficulty reselling doesn’t apply tonight we are down to fewer than 100 seats now.  Another home sell out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 16, 2022, 4:19pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +882
Gold Stars: 122
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

That’s an IT thing - the system would only generate the credit of the seat resells. Might have to be manually done - by TO staff which would be a burden.

Any road up - difficulty reselling doesn’t apply tonight we are down to fewer than 100 seats now.  Another home sell out.

And I bet there will still be 500-1000 seats empty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
MrThirsty
August 16, 2022, 5:57pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +236
Gold Stars: 4
If I can’t make a game I’m happy to release my ticket and don’t want reimbursing for it. Alternatively, in the spirit of the play off final, as the cost of living crisis deepens, I’d be happy for my ticket to go to someone who just can’t afford it during these difficult times. Not sure how easy this would be to organise but perhaps worth a thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Ticket seat release question.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.