Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 137 Guests

Sutton Tickets

This thread currently has 5,509 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
August 19, 2022, 10:33am
Guest User
Quoted from HerveJosse

Because a general swell of opinion on here is going to be listened to more then one random person ringing up with a complaint. That’s one of the reasons we have fans forums. The club has a fan liaison director who no doubt regards part of her job as to be aware of opinion on here.

Just how many people make up your 'general swell'?    How many people do you think post on here every day?

Reply: 10 - 42
mariner83
August 19, 2022, 10:46am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from bradzmilne
In relation to tickets.

For e-Tickets, do they need printing or is the email sufficient? I have a couple for the Forest game.

Should be able to open the email on your phone for them to scan the QR code  
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
aldi_01
August 19, 2022, 10:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Bigdog

I guess you've got your season ticket sorted then. Happy with your view? See all of the Pontoon goalmouth and the full trajectory of the ball when it goes above 20ft? It's a real problem for the casual, floating or regular fan who can't afford or justify a season ticket. It should be talked about every day on here until it gets sorted. Bit surprised at the new regime about this, same with the Forest tickets. Lets just release every home seat at the same time. If we we don't sell out by a couple of hundred or more, let them all be restricted view tickets no matter what stand they are in and not force fans into playing a game of chance waiting for a new section of the Osmond to be opened..

Edit

The only valid reason I can think of is that if there is a poor ticket take up for a game the club is hoping to keep a section free for ticket distribution to schools etc..

Did indeed, same seat I’ve had since seats were put in lower findus. Cracking view.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
diehardmariner
August 19, 2022, 12:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from londonmariner2
we can't get 4 tickets together so have arranged to do something else instead.

And this highlights the absolute need for an immediate review and overhaul of the current process/system that we're using.

Northampton, Carlisle, Forest and Sutton.  4 consecutive games with issues around the release and allocation of tickets.  I genuinely can't remember 4 games on the spin where we've got even remotely close to a sell-out.  We're on a wave of hope, optimism and genuine interest in the club that we've never seen before.  

The quoted post above is the situation we want to avoid.  Someone is interested, they want to come, they're prepared to part with hard earned money and we're effectively pushing them away.  

I've got a ST and the situation pisses me off, if I was trying to buy a ticket I don't think I would last long before giving up and finding something else to spend my money on.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
marinernige
August 19, 2022, 1:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
The only way to get around this would be stop online ticket purchase(which no one wants) and only sell tkts through the ticket office block by block(which again no one wants) not allowing to pick your own seats.If you really want four tickets together i suggest you buy as soon as they go on sale.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
ginnywings
August 19, 2022, 1:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from londonmariner2
we can't get 4 tickets together so have arranged to do something else instead.

You can in the Osmond. Just been to collect my Forest ticket and there was a guy buying 5 together in Osmond B.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
Mariner Timsky
August 19, 2022, 1:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Exactly this - plenty available in Block B - don't panic!

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
grimps
August 19, 2022, 4:00pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,153
Gold Stars: 46
To be fair there’s nothing stopping you but the restricted view tickets in the Main stand and just walking through to the Osmond if it’s not sold out
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
Lost in Lincoln
August 19, 2022, 4:07pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from bradzmilne
In relation to tickets.

For e-Tickets, do they need printing or is the email sufficient? I have a couple for the Forest game.

Aslong as the code is readable  by the scanner, I think the email is fine - but don't quote me on this

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 42
zorro_is_a_Mariner
August 19, 2022, 4:10pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from grimps
To be fair there’s nothing stopping you but the restricted view tickets in the Main stand and just walking through to the Osmond if it’s not sold out

They check your tickets mate to see if you have purchased a osmand one.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sutton Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.