The Yard Dog
August 29, 2022, 7:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Chuck the b teams out and keep it in regionalised groups.

I would rather have teams from the National league instead of B teams. Why can't the U'23 have a they own league and play the same fixtures as the Premiership ie Everton play Liverpool the U'23 play before the first teams. Like in the Hundred in cricket the women play first followed by the man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
IlkleyMariner
August 29, 2022, 7:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
I’ll just tell the missus I’ve saved a tenner tomorrow by not watching
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 66
Deckhand
August 29, 2022, 8:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 3

There's no B teams in it if there is show me where you idiot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
headingly_mariner
August 29, 2022, 8:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
What a charmer. The u23 teams are B Teams
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
Mariner Ronnie
August 29, 2022, 8:40pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from The Yard Dog

I would rather have teams from the National league instead of B teams. Why can't the U'23 have a they own league and play the same fixtures as the Premiership ie Everton play Liverpool the U'23 play before the first teams. Like in the Hundred in cricket the women play first followed by the man.

I seem to remember conference teams being in it, tony crane and morecambe ring a bell, don’t know why it changed.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 66
GollyGTFC
August 29, 2022, 10:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,056
Gold Stars: 358

And when the PL cut the funding they provide for the B teams to enter what happens to the EFL Trophy when it is financial nonviable like it was in 2016? NB. it's part of the solidarity payment agreement, The agreement that gives each L2 club just over £600,000 a season from the PL when the EFL's own TV deal only provides L2 clubs with around £450,000 a season.

And when Sky Sports turn to the EFL and say "if we don't get the EFL Trophy Semi-Finals and Final to broadcast we're renegotiating our TV deal" what happens then? Even a 5% drop in TV revenue would be damaging.

And when the PL then decide to further punish the EFL for reneging on the EFL Trophy funding deal by pulling all their clubs out of the EFL Cup what happens then?

And when you realise that an estimated 75% to 80% of the value of the Sky/EFL TV deal is from the EFL Cup rather than the league matches what happens to the TV income for the 72?

So by the "EFL standing up to PL" you'll see everyone's income go down and the EFL Trophy more than likely abolished which would then be used as an excuse to either pull all the Premier League clubs, or at least the 7 or 8 playing in UEFA Club Competitions each season, out of the EFL Cup. And that would destroy the EFL TV deal and mean multiple clubs in serious financial difficulties because of the huge drop in turnover that would bring. Which would mean the EFL would have to go cap in hand to the PL begging for increased solidarity payments. And what do you think the PL would want in return for more money/a bail-out?

Is getting under 21 clubs out of a trophy nobody cared about pre-2016 unless their club got to the last 8 really worth all that?

The answer is "no", which is why all the clubs in L1 & L2 reluctantly accept it for what it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 66
Deckhand
August 29, 2022, 10:33pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 3
So they aren't B teams they are u23 teams
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
supertown
August 29, 2022, 10:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
It says u21 in the bbc fixtures
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 66
arryarryarry
August 29, 2022, 11:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from The Yard Dog

They were in the competition at least in 2005/06 as we drew at home to Morecambe when they were in the Conference and lost on penalties.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Derby game Live Stream

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.