Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 154 Guests

Just back...

This thread currently has 14,491 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
September 4, 2022, 11:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Abdul19
Yeah but he's not Dave Gilbert.

Not many are these days.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 77
pontoonlew
September 4, 2022, 11:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from immariner

I read that and smiled. Kiernan got slated by many for his first half performance. Funny old game.

I don’t think there’s many Town fans who can honestly say Kiernan had a good first half yesterday, probably not himself either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 77
rancido
September 4, 2022, 12:04pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from 123614

Yes, he is a huge asset to the team, but I fail to see why he keeps getting played out wide on the left, his left foot crosses are very poor, and we have one or two in the squad whose natural position is that of a winger.

He gets played in that position because the manager and coaching staff, who work with him all the time, think it is a role that he can play.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 77
chaos33
September 4, 2022, 12:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from immariner

I read that and smiled. Kiernan got slated by many for his first half performance. Funny old game.

Anyone ‘slating’ any of our players is probably an idiot.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 77
immariner
September 4, 2022, 12:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from pontoonlew

I don’t think there’s many Town fans who can honestly say Kiernan had a good first half yesterday, probably not himself either.

Well then, that unbiased Newport fan is either clueless or he meant their right side, in which case he was talking about Clifton, who was widely panned before the 77th minute last Saturday, but now is 3 goals in 105 minutes Lionel Clifton. Funny old game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 77
toontown
September 4, 2022, 12:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Kiernan worker hard no doubt about it, always made himself available too and looked threatening. The trouble was that appearance of threat never quite got translated into any end product. I think town fans wouldn't be quite so quick to point that out if we hadn't already had an entire season of sousa doing the exa t same thing, so are quicker to identify it.

It's not that kiernan isn't trying or giving 100% he undoubtedly is, more that people might feel their could be a better option for the team. When the team wins though it fully justifys the selection from a team perspective.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 77
pontoonlew
September 4, 2022, 1:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from immariner

Well then, that unbiased Newport fan is either clueless or he meant their right side, in which case he was talking about Clifton, who was widely panned before the 77th minute last Saturday, but now is 3 goals in 105 minutes Lionel Clifton. Funny old game

I’ve no doubt Kiernan did his bit yesterday but his end product was very poor, he’ll know that and Hurst will know it too. There’s no shame in it, it was just a bad half for him but to say otherwise (when by the sounds of it you didn’t watch the game) is confusing for me.

Our biggest chances came in the second half when we looked to get it down the left for Glennon to put in (who also won’t be all that chuffed with his deliveries first half).

Kiernan noticeably covered for Efete a lot yesterday which as mentioned a lot, is why I think him & Clifton are first choice atm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 77
GtfcGarner
September 4, 2022, 1:07pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Possibly why Hurst only brought him in for 6 months to size him up? Got a very Nathan Arnold type feel to him, possibly a match winner on his day but can't quite hold down his quality for prolonged periods. Arnold never managed to impress in L2 from what I remember but was fabulous for us in Non-League.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 77
Lost in Lincoln
September 4, 2022, 1:31pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from golfer
Did the ball cross the line ?  I asked 76 Grimsby Supporters and 42 from Newport.   The answer was 76 - 42 that it didn't.

It wasn't given, so who cares 😂

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 77
HerveJosse
September 4, 2022, 1:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from immariner

The Humberside commentary said several times that our right side was dominant and the main threat. When that happens your average league 2 right sided wide and player is going to waste some opportunities. It is when there is nothing happening down one side or the other that there is a need to be critical.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.