Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from hheh2

Jackson

To extend on that what about signings made in that entire league 2 stint
Dembele
Dean henderson
Sam jones? Though hes done NOTHING since us
Hessenthaler was pretty good, but did he just look better in a worse team, still only playing in league 2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 57
kyan_goodrich04
September 5, 2022, 1:46am

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -238
Gold Stars: 5
DEAR COMRADES! I had a death scare last saturday when my heart started stopping in its THUM DUM RUM!

Do not fear for I am still kicking AT 98!! 🤯🏍🛺

spoken by a true gimsbosian

Attachment: download1_6636.jpg
Size: 3.35 KB

free the fife from here they chains!!!! rally the troops from the muck!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 57
aldi_01
September 5, 2022, 7:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Whilst expectations have to be realistic and there’s no point getting carried away, at present we look a good, we’ll organised, hardworking side that has an ability to grind out results.

We’ve a handful of home games coming up which could be a good measure of where we are and where we’re going.

I’ve no doubt that at the back of everyone’s mind, the plan was to stay up and consolidate but what we do know is that the club isn’t sponsored by failure anymore. We aren’t happy with
Mediocrity or failure as s celebration, if we see an opportunity I’ve no doubt we’ll take it and go for it.

On a side note, other than Bogle, I’m not sure I’d have any kf the 2016 anywhere near this side. That’s said, I don’t blame them or Hurst, namely the lack of ambition and once again, it highlights the state of the club that it didn’t bust a gut to keep that team together for at least 6 months.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 57
Mariner93er
September 5, 2022, 7:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
I get the impression Hurst is more concerned about looking up than over his shoulder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 57
buckstown
September 5, 2022, 11:16am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 80
I think upper mid table looks right, especially with the defence looking tight. We'll need to start scoring more to get into the play offs, so hoping Richardson proves to be the missing link
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 57
lew chaterleys lover
September 5, 2022, 11:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from buckstown
I think upper mid table looks right, especially with the defence looking tight. We'll need to start scoring more to get into the play offs, so hoping Richardson proves to be the missing link

If we win our home game in hand we will already be in the playoff positions, so if we start scoring more goals and Richardson is indeed the catalyst then we should be looking for top 3 shouldn't we?
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 57
Mayaman
September 5, 2022, 12:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,422
Gold Stars: 74
Didn't we think we started off well footiewise but we managed to get a result.  That's the sign of a good team.  PH has done some good recruiting of late and you could see a vast improvement going forward already.  Play off place , I reckon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 57
Corkyefes
September 5, 2022, 12:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 10
Before the start of the season, I would of been happy to take a mid table finish for our first season back, however looking at our recent performances, there's no reason now why we cant aim for a play off place.

If we can try and reduce the amount of silly mistakes we are making, which admittedly is difficult, then we certainly can make some noises.

Hopefully either Richardson, Orsi or Pepple find their shooting boots and really give us a chance, but in all honesty, I would be more than happy for 3-4 players to chip in with 10+ goals each!

As much as we want to see McAtee back in the team, I'm hopeful that when he is ready, he finds it difficult to get back into the starting 11, as this means we are on the right track!
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Expectations after 6 games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.