September 8, 2022, 7:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Numanoid
God bless Elizabeth RIP

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 66
Mariner John
September 8, 2022, 7:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +633
Gold Stars: 54
Those who red crossed about the death of the Queen can go fk themselves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 66
TAGG
September 8, 2022, 7:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mariner John

Second that
male masturbators

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 66
MidnightMariner
September 8, 2022, 7:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 24
There's some propper fůcking male masturbatorś on this forum at times.

Hang your heads in shame !  🙄
God bless the Queen x
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 66
ncfc_chalky
September 8, 2022, 7:26pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
It never ceases to amaze me how easily you can get a red cross on this forum,even something positive said about the club can attract them,are there any usual suspects?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 66
DB
September 8, 2022, 7:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Numanoid
God bless Elizabeth RIP

Star man

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 66
Rodley Mariner
September 8, 2022, 7:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Maybe it might be classier and more dignified to ignore the red crosses than throw in foul mouthed abuse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 66
ancientmariner54
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -172
Gold Stars: 13
Sad day for her family and this country , God bless the Queen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 66
jamesgtfc
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
It never ceases to amaze me how easily you can get a red cross on this forum,even something positive said about the club can attract them,are there any usual suspects?

The fish merchant who used to own our club and his acolytes are the usual suspects.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 66
HertsGTFC
September 8, 2022, 7:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Numanoid
God bless Elizabeth RIP

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 66
Rick12
September 8, 2022, 7:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Sad news. I liked the Queen.

God bless her .

RIP

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
Spatchcock
September 8, 2022, 7:50pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
God bless Queen Elizabeth the 2nd. This is a very sad day as my former Colonel in Chief.

For those that have red crossed all of the posts noting their condolences hang your heads in shame. She may have been the head of the Royal family but she was also a mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.

God bless the Queen.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 66
TAGG
September 8, 2022, 7:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Spatchcock
God bless Queen Elizabeth the 2nd. This is a very sad day as my former Colonel in Chief.

For those that have red crossed all of the posts noting their condolences hang your heads in shame. She may have been the head of the Royal family but she was also a mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.

God bless the Queen.

Great post.
Thanks for your service mate.
God bless the lady.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
DB
September 8, 2022, 8:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Spatchcock

God bless the Queen.

You also forgot to mention that in the worst days of WW2 she also did her bit to help the nation. Those red crossers might not be alive today if it were not for her actions and those like her. All I can say is they are a lot of selfish bast***ds.

The Queens family stood firm with the nation during WW2, and did not evacuate to Canada, likewise the Queen has done her duty for the nation, regardless of her health. The royal family does cost the nation millions, but it brings into the nation more in tourism etc.

Long live the King

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
Heisenberg
September 8, 2022, 8:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,115
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Rick12
Sad news. I liked the Queen.

God bless her .

RIP

Well said, me too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 66
MarinerWY
September 8, 2022, 8:32pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,992
Gold Stars: 47
Non-football...
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 66
Phil the cod
September 8, 2022, 8:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Mariner John

I'm no fan of the monarchy and Thier elites.
But just out of respect for another human being that tbf has done a lot of good for our country despite being let down by her idiot sons, I would never disrespect her and those who feel sad for her at this moment.
To those mocking this situation, if it were your mother or grandmother, then you'd be upset to, so show some class and respect, your supposed to be Grimsby town supporters.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
HertsGTFC
September 8, 2022, 8:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

You also forgot to mention that in the worst days of WW2 she also did her bit to help the nation. Those red crossers might not be alive today if it were not for her actions and those like her. All I can say is they are a lot of selfish bast***ds.

The Queens family stood firm with the nation during WW2, and did not evacuate to Canada, likewise the Queen has done her duty for the nation, regardless of her health. The royal family does cost the nation millions, but it brings into the nation more in tourism etc.

Long live the King

Exactly DB, maybe it’s time they turned the Red Cross and tick nonsense off.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 66
Azimuth
September 8, 2022, 8:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Good night, god bless and thank you Your Majesty!

Those who chose to red cross do so at your leasure, it says more about you than you and your pitiful existance that you are unable to keep a dignified silence!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
Rick12
September 8, 2022, 9:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg

Well said, me too.
I was always a big fan of the queen's speech on Christmas Day. She seemed in ok health then which is why the news of her passing saddens and surprises me .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 66
Phil the cod
September 8, 2022, 9:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Quoted from Azimuth
Good night, god bless and thank you Your Majesty!

Those who chose to red cross do so at your leasure, it says more about you than you and your pitiful existance that you are unable to keep a dignified silence!

You can imagine them (the red crossers) sat there in Thier Spiderman underpants jerking off Thier 3 inch penises at the thought of it all.
Clearly scunny fans or pshycophant rabid supporters of the previous regime.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 66
Maringer
September 8, 2022, 9:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Rick12
I was always a big fan of the queen's speech on Christmas Day. She seemed in ok health then which is why the news of her passing saddens and surprises me .

She was 96!

Don't be sad for her - she had a great life. Travelled to pretty much every country on the planet, waited on hand and foot all her life, living in the lap of luxury with top quality food and drink. She will have met some really interesting people (along with the idiots) and has had vast country estates to retreat to when she wasn't making public appearances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 66
geir
September 8, 2022, 9:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9

Condolences on behalf of Grimsby supporters in Norway.
Queen Elizabeth made an impact on many people around the world. She was, as I see it, a stabilising figure in a society going through a lot of changes in the last decades.
I would not consider myself much of an royalist, but I think Queen Elizabeth will be remembered as one of the most important and loved monarchs in British history. She deserves respect. May she rest in peace. RIP.

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 66
Rick12
September 8, 2022, 9:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

She was 96!

Don't be sad for her - she had a great life. Travelled to pretty much every country on the planet, waited on hand and foot all her life, living in the lap of luxury with top quality food and drink. She will have met some really interesting people (along with the idiots) and has had vast country estates to retreat to when she wasn't making public appearances.
It's her sudden demise which got me  which I thought she would of overcome. I've been in care homes and you get people who are over 100. With them it was gradual demise which is what I thought would of happened to our queen.

A good role model and state leader for me and Iam sure plenty of others .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 66
Maringer
September 8, 2022, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
I thought she'd probably last until she was 100 as did her mother, but it might be her husband's death advanced things a bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 66
bradzmilne
September 8, 2022, 10:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
One of those days we will all remember.

With equal happiness and sadness, it’s also one of those days that brings both the best and worst out of different people.

Jonathan Pie hit the nail on the head:
“ There's not being a fan of the Royals (an understandable position), then there's actively celebrating the death of an elderly woman. The second one makes you a very unsavoury person”

Sleep well your Majesty x

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 66
mariner91
September 8, 2022, 10:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,754
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from DB

Long live the King

I’m sorry but that is absolutely laughable nonsense. There is nothing that a teenage princess did in the second world war that had any bearing on the outcome of said war and certainly not on whether I, or any others, were born or not.

It’s sad that she’s died, like it is when anybody who isn’t a complete bottom, has died. But the highlighted bit above is just absurd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 66
GYinScuntland
September 8, 2022, 11:15pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
God bless her and it's going to take a while getting used to singing save the King.
I would imagine every single one of us has known only her, that's quite a thought really.
Are all the banknotes still valid?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 66
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 8, 2022, 11:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from GYinScuntland
God bless her and it's going to take a while getting used to singing save the King.
I would imagine every single one of us has known only her, that's quite a thought really.

These banknotes…

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jun/25/prince-charles-is-said-to-have-been-given-3m-in-qatari-cash

I would have thought so. Charlie 3’s the Riyal deal.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 66
September 8, 2022, 11:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from GYinScuntland

There’s probably no need to change the banknotes is there?

It’s often said that over 90% of banknotes in this country have traces of Charlie on them already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 66
petethemariner
September 8, 2022, 11:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16

There’s probably no need to change the banknotes is there?

It’s often said that over 90% of banknotes in this country have traces of Charlie on them already.

On a  historic and  very sad day i have to admit that made me laugh out loud !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 66
aldi_01
September 9, 2022, 6:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Rick12
It's her sudden demise which got me  which I thought she would of overcome. I've been in care homes and you get people who are over 100. With them it was gradual demise which is what I thought would of happened to our queen.

A good role model and state leader for me and Iam sure plenty of others .

I don’t think it was sudden to be fair, since her husband pooped his clogs she’s gone down hill and I suspect she’s been ill for quite some time. It was clear, with the announcement yesterday that she was going to die yesterday. I’m no royalist, far from it, I’d abolish the lot but I do read about them and the protocols etc. and they rarely give updates on the reigning monarchs health. They did it when she had covid and now this,

I think and hope this is the end of the monarchy in its current guise and they shift towards a more modern and open royal family, I mean Charles offering his brother to the police and the FBI would be a start but I won’t hold my breath.

She did her bit in the war but let’s not forget that her old man took some serious persuading by Churchill to stick around, not her fault but they could’ve gone had Churchill not done that. I’m certainly not buying the idea that she helped to keep our dear and great country ours. No more than my great grandad doing his bit. Collective success perhaps but she can’t claim anything more, nor would she to be honest.

An old lady has died, she’s led a varied life and along the way, regardless of what anyone says, she’s made mistakes. She’s done some good but was in a position that if anyone of us were, they would’ve done the same.

It’s hard to fully support the idea of national mourning and the likes when huge swathes of geriatric folk will be freezing and dying this winter. That children will go hungry and we still have the most embarrassing government, all whilst a crown worth so much it’s impossible to value will sit atop a box draped in a flag for us all to walk past should we wish…

Still, and I will say this, the image of her sat there, alone, at her husbands funeral should be a stark reminder to everyone jjst how disgusting, vile and downright opprobrious our government is. The countries monarch sat alone, following the rules, refusing the relaxation of rules to accommodate her husbands funeral, choosing to take the same path as you and I probably gained her some support in her final year…meanwhile her government, our government didn’t give a flying intercourse.

So whilst I’d abolish the monarchy, seeing democratically voted officials and their lackies just tossing it off and behaving like entitles little girl privates is something I’d equally like to see the back of. What a truly incompetent and contemptuous government.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 66
GtfcGarner
September 9, 2022, 7:19am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from aldi_01

I don’t think it was sudden to be fair, since her husband pooped his clogs she’s gone down hill and I suspect she’s been ill for quite some time. It was clear, with the announcement yesterday that she was going to die yesterday. I’m no royalist, far from it, I’d abolish the lot but I do read about them and the protocols etc. and they rarely give updates on the reigning monarchs health. They did it when she had covid and now this,

I think and hope this is the end of the monarchy in its current guise and they shift towards a more modern and open royal family, I mean Charles offering his brother to the police and the FBI would be a start but I won’t hold my breath.

She did her bit in the war but let’s not forget that her old man took some serious persuading by Churchill to stick around, not her fault but they could’ve gone had Churchill not done that. I’m certainly not buying the idea that she helped to keep our dear and great country ours. No more than my great grandad doing his bit. Collective success perhaps but she can’t claim anything more, nor would she to be honest.

An old lady has died, she’s led a varied life and along the way, regardless of what anyone says, she’s made mistakes. She’s done some good but was in a position that if anyone of us were, they would’ve done the same.

It’s hard to fully support the idea of national mourning and the likes when huge swathes of geriatric folk will be freezing and dying this winter. That children will go hungry and we still have the most embarrassing government, all whilst a crown worth so much it’s impossible to value will sit atop a box draped in a flag for us all to walk past should we wish…

Still, and I will say this, the image of her sat there, alone, at her husbands funeral should be a stark reminder to everyone jjst how disgusting, vile and downright opprobrious our government is. The countries monarch sat alone, following the rules, refusing the relaxation of rules to accommodate her husbands funeral, choosing to take the same path as you and I probably gained her some support in her final year…meanwhile her government, our government didn’t give a flying intercourse.

So whilst I’d abolish the monarchy, seeing democratically voted officials and their lackies just tossing it off and behaving like entitles little girl privates is something I’d equally like to see the back of. What a truly incompetent and contemptuous government.

This, in abundance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 66
jaygy
September 9, 2022, 7:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Should be King William IMO and I think I'm in the majority thinking that. People will not take to Charles and he will not ever win any popularity contests as the public have long memories
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 66
September 9, 2022, 9:51am
Brandy Drinker
Irony part 2:

Most of us don’t actually understand fully what the terms ‘woke’ and ‘snowflake’ mean.

However, there are people who think they do and have been mouth frothing about it and freedom of speech in The Mail, football forums and village fetes for each of the past 364 days.

Obviously posters on here and wider society will be a mix of pro and anti-monarchy but most - like me - lie somewhere in between. Yet many of those who have spent the last 12 hours calling everyone a wánker for not wanting to spend the next 10 days shuffling around their houses, draped in black and listening to eulogies on loop by the likes of Gyles Brandreth and Christopher Biggins, are now having to indulge the maudlin desires of the minority.

It’s like a massive plot twist, in the shïttest thriller, that the people who were calling everyone else woke snowflakes, were actually the flakiest snowwokes themselves all along.

I shall continue to mourn the sad passing of the Queen with my own private respect during this difficult time.

RIP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 66
DB
September 9, 2022, 10:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

I’m sorry but that is absolutely laughable nonsense. There is nothing that a teenage princess did in the second world war that had any bearing on the outcome of said war and certainly not on whether I, or any others, were born or not.

It’s sad that she’s died, like it is when anybody who isn’t a complete bottom, has died. But the highlighted bit above is just absurd.

I see you took only part of the sentence to highlight. So here is the full sentence.

Those red crossers might not be alive today if it were not for her actions and those like her.

If you read it you will see that I did not say the late Queen had a direct bearing on the outcome of WW2, but she did her bit just like millions of others did. No one person single-handedly won the war, but all the efforts from those who fought, and died in combat to those who worked in the factories and fields jointly did win the war, which the late Queen was one of those millions of people.

I do not always agree with the opinion of others but respect their views. What I do not respect is cheap remarks when people take bits of a sentence and highlight those bit to make a point, without referring to the remaining part of a sentence.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 66
mariner91
September 9, 2022, 10:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

I see you took only part of the sentence to highlight. So here is the full sentence.

Those red crossers might not be alive today if it were not for her actions and those like her.

If you read it you will see that I did not say the late Queen had a direct bearing on the outcome of WW2, but she did her bit just like millions of others did. No one person single-handedly won the war, but all the efforts from those who fought, and died in combat to those who worked in the factories and fields jointly did win the war, which the late Queen was one of those millions of people.

I do not always agree with the opinion of others but respect their views. What I do not respect is cheap remarks when people take bits of a sentence and highlight those bit to make a point, without referring to the remaining part of a sentence.  

She was a teenage princess ffs. I guarantee you she did not work in any factories or fields and she certainly wasn't storming the beaches of Normandy. It is beyond crackers to claim that doing "her bit" during WW2 has any influence on my existence or anyone else's. Talk about trying to give credit where it isn't due.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 66
heppy88
September 9, 2022, 11:01am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Neither for, or against the Royalty. But for those of you who are against and can't possibly wait  to share your enlightened wisdom and opinions on the matter, can't you just show a modicum of respect and wait a few more days  ?
Not really showing the Fishy at its best to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 66
Mayaman
September 9, 2022, 11:42am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,422
Gold Stars: 74
Is it necessarily disrespectful to play?  Every game could have a minutes silence and a cap at 70 minutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 66
HertsGTFC
September 9, 2022, 11:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from heppy88
Neither for, or against the Royalty. But for those of you who are against and can't possibly wait  to share your enlightened wisdom and opinions on the matter, can't you just show a modicum of respect and wait a few more days  ?
Not really showing the Fishy at its best to be honest.

Lesser things than the death of our sovereign who has conducted herself and a dignified manner for the whole of her life never mind her reign plunges the Fishy into rank stupidity. The green tick and red cross b*****x adds no value in reality and should be turned off.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
DB
September 9, 2022, 1:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

She was a teenage princess ffs. I guarantee you she did not work in any factories or fields and she certainly wasn't storming the beaches of Normandy. It is beyond crackers to claim that doing "her bit" during WW2 has any influence on my existence or anyone else's. Talk about trying to give credit where it isn't due.

I take it you won't be sending a condolence card.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 66
Poojah
September 9, 2022, 1:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,778
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from aldi_01

That’s a fúcking great post mate. I’d stop short of abolishing the royal family personally, but that’s a brilliantly accurate and acerbic account of the state of things.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 66
Limerick Mariner
September 9, 2022, 1:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,747
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from jaygy
Should be King William IMO and I think I'm in the majority thinking that. People will not take to Charles and he will not ever win any popularity contests as the public have long memories

He’d gain some popularity with me if he said to Truss in their first meeting after the funeral - “can you please stop the water companies dumping shite into our rivers and onto our beaches - pdq”.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
Manchester Mariner
September 9, 2022, 1:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
Posh Harry
September 9, 2022, 2:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,375
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from mariner91

She was the first female member of the royal family to serve in the forces in feb 1945 when after arguing with her parents since she turned 18 about wanting to join to help out in some way she became a truck mechanic in the auxiliary territorial service and worked until after VJ Day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
mariner91
September 9, 2022, 2:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Posh Harry

She was the first female member of the royal family to serve in the forces in feb 1945 when after arguing with her parents since she turned 18 about wanting to join to help out in some way she became a truck mechanic in the auxiliary territorial service and worked until after VJ Day.

Terrific stuff. I'm sure I owe my whole existence to her then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
Posh Harry
September 9, 2022, 2:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,375
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from mariner91

Terrific stuff. I'm sure I owe my whole existence to her then.

I was just pointing out that what you said was incorrect
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
mariner91
September 9, 2022, 2:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Posh Harry

I was just pointing out that what you said was incorrect

Yep and I accept that. It is still ludicrous hyperbole to suggest that any of us, other than her direct descendants, owe our existence to her for fixing some engines in the final few months of the war.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
Mariner John
September 9, 2022, 3:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +633
Gold Stars: 54
Because quite obviously tanks cars etc don't need serviceable engines to get from a to b
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
DB
September 9, 2022, 6:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
From the clubs' website:-

"As a mark of respect, all Grimsby Town social media channels will remain silent until Monday 12th September. The club shop and ticket office will also be closed over the weekend."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 66
jaygy
September 9, 2022, 7:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from DB
From the clubs' website:-

"As a mark of respect, all Grimsby Town social media channels will remain silent until Monday 12th September. The club shop and ticket office will also be closed over the weekend."

Good job JF isn't here anymore, he'd be really struggling to stay off social media after a few glasses of vino toasting the Queens life
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
MrThirsty
September 10, 2022, 1:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +236
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from aldi_01

Agree that the queen was in decline since her husband passed but given she was receiving Boris and Liz a couple of days earlier then in that sense it seems sudden. Also not sure where your source is from regarding Churchill having to dissuade her father, who served throughout WW1 and saw action at Jutland, from going to Canada, anything I’ve read including documents from the Imperial War Museum indicate his determination to stay. Incidentally, I’m not pro monarchy but understand that we have arrived at the constitutional set up we have through an evolution and within this framework the queen, in my opinion, did a reasonable job (no one is going to go 70 years without some issues).

With regards the cancellation of todays fixtures in the queens own words “sport has a wonderful way of bringing together people and nations” so why the EFL chose to cancel the fixtures when there was a precedent to play is inexplicable and as test cricket takes place, where the crowd were able to pay their respects in a way that we are deprived from doing, this is in my opinion, a complete but sadly not unexpected misjudgment.

Finally, at the end of my ramblings, I completely agree with your summary of our government’s performance and fear for much of society in the coming months. As such sport will be a welcome and much needed temporary escape and hopefully we can get back to using this forum for that purpose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
Meza
September 10, 2022, 3:18pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,649
Gold Stars: 50
one of the recent pictures on Twitter were the Queen was meeting Liz Truss, shows here hands being blue.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 66
aldi_01
September 10, 2022, 3:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Come on, how have we got this far without mention of Freddie?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
Sussexmariner
September 10, 2022, 3:34pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +623
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from aldi_01
Come on, how have we got this far without mention of Freddie?

Here here!

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 66
Yoda
September 10, 2022, 3:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
God bless the Queen long live the King.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
HerveJosse
September 10, 2022, 3:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Mayaman
Is it necessarily disrespectful to play?  Every game could have a minutes silence and a cap at 70 minutes.

Won’t be needing any subs then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
Perkins
September 10, 2022, 4:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Meza
one of the recent pictures on Twitter were the Queen was meeting Liz Truss, shows here hands being blue.

I understand her hand was bruised purple, it happens to elderly people (self included) when a Canula is introduced in the back of a hand for the use of some form of treatment like a drip.or as an alternative for constant injections.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 66
golfer
September 10, 2022, 4:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from mariner91

" ZUBES " to you .  ( or what they were for )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
Macca_D
September 10, 2022, 4:33pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: -59
Gold Stars: 3
screw the lot of the scum royals. wouldn't urine on them if they was on fire. horrible dirty family
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 66
Azimuth
September 10, 2022, 4:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from DB

Never argue with an idiot, they will beat you with experience!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 66
Azimuth
September 10, 2022, 4:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Macca_D
screw the lot of the scum royals. wouldn't urine on them if they was on fire. horrible dirty family

May I suggest you are are letting yourself down there, No respect, no common sense, no common dignity and no common decency!

My advice to you would have been to have kept a dignified silence!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 66
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
September 10, 2022, 5:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Macca_D

Put the bottle down mate, it’s time for bed

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 66
Macca_D
September 10, 2022, 6:19pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: -59
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Azimuth

May I suggest you are are letting yourself down there, No respect, no common sense, no common dignity and no common decency!

My advice to you would have been to have kept a dignified silence!

Lmfao! Decency! Dignity! I'll leave it here because its not going to end well. I'll just say 3 names...Andrew and 12 million British pounds. Charles and Saville. Up in smoke goes your common decency and facking dignity 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 66
Azimuth
September 10, 2022, 6:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Macca_D

Lmfao! Decency! Dignity! I'll leave it here because its not going to end well. I'll just say 3 names...Andrew and 12 million British pounds. Charles and Saville. Up in smoke goes your common decency and facking dignity 😉

Again I would suggest a dignified silence, we are paying respect to The Queen.
You are ranting like a imbecile and making a fool of yourself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 66
Zmariner
September 11, 2022, 12:09am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Spatchcock

God bless the Queen.

11 bellends red crossed this, can we not publish a league table for all on here showing how many red crosses we make, I am really interested to see the reasons
I am no Royalist but RIP on a life well lived and a great sense of duty. A mother, grandmother and great grandmother and a dignified and brave lady
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 66
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Queen

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.