Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Someone please explain Match Highlights play list
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 149 Guests

Someone please explain Match Highlights play list

This thread currently has 1,290 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Ruston AT
October 17, 2022, 9:09am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10
[b][/b][face=Times][/face]

I would like to know what fishy thinks of the play list on 'match highlights', they start with stevenage( who are top...don't know how tho), then go to Northampton( 2nd) then the next at the top of the division and so on. I sit patiently waiting for GTFC as we're 10th, do they play us .......nope they leave us to nearly last. Then when the pundits comment its minimal. Now personally, in one way I'm glad because it keeps us under the radar but in another I feel it's disrespectful to PH and the boys.

Logged Offline
Private Message
pizzzza
October 17, 2022, 9:18am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Ruston AT
[b][/b][face=Times][/face]

I would like to know what fishy thinks of the play list on 'match highlights', they start with stevenage( who are top...don't know how tho), then go to Northampton( 2nd) then the next at the top of the division and so on. I sit patiently waiting for GTFC as we're 10th, do they play us .......nope they leave us to nearly last. Then when the pundits comment its minimal. Now personally, in one way I'm glad because it keeps us under the radar but in another I feel it's disrespectful to PH and the boys.

Given that we are 10th, there are only 12 games being played in the division and we were playing a team lower than us in the league then by the logic that you say they use in the ordering we would indeed be "nearly last", right?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Ruston AT
October 17, 2022, 11:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10

Good point  Pizzzza never thought of it that way!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
moosey_club
October 17, 2022, 12:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,299
Gold Stars: 226
Booooo.......pure logic and facts being used to settle an argument on the fishy....that's not the way we do things around here.
Personally I think it's been decided on a hidden political agenda  by right wing media TV execs who do everything they can to suppress our coverage because Stockwood writes in the Guardian.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Gaffer58
October 17, 2022, 5:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Simple, it’s all Brexits fault.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
CodHead
October 17, 2022, 6:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Don’t understand why people throw their toys at the pram over this.
Teams in the top 7 are likely to be shown before teams who are mid-table.
As are teams who are in a relegation fight.
I guess the main reason is because they might not be in the division next season.
Grimsby vs Stockport was 12th vs 16th (at the time of kickoff)
Media aren’t going to be as interested as for example Salford vs Bradford.
Not saying it’s right but can understand why they do it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
crusty ole pie
October 18, 2022, 7:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
One of the pundits last week said about 6 nice words about us he fancied us for the playoffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Someone please explain Match Highlights play list

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.