Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 176 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 14,143 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Ashby mariner
October 23, 2022, 2:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 99
WelwynGardener
October 23, 2022, 2:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 6
A real cracker and brilliant entertainment! I agreed with the 'official' MoM award to Green, but there were so many great performances. The outstanding atmosphere in the stadium doubtless raised the 'blood and thunder' tempo of the game and wouldn't it be great if all games (plus a few goals) were like that?  
Drove home today through a 'wall of water' for at least 70 miles which just added to the drama of the weekend....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 99
Lost in Lincoln
October 23, 2022, 2:55pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from grimps
Did anyone catch what the attendance was today please ?

8020 (1223)

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 99
pontoonlew
October 23, 2022, 4:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Mayaman
Well contested game of football.  Some tough challenges but not really dirty.   Holohan, Clifton and Green were excellent.  Waterfall and Smith were outstanding.  MOM was Smith for me.  Made some crucial tackles, especially when Bradford one on one with Crocombe.  Smith was already beaten or so you would have thought.   Some people saying Taylor was superb.  As much as I like the man and he works hard, he was pretty ineffective today.

You’ll inevitably get a lot of hate for daring to say Taylor hasn’t played well, however, but for a couple of nice pieces of play he was very much ineffective. He looked far too flat footed and slow to react to things. You’ll get the portion of our fan base who will come back and say ‘ahhh you just don’t get what he adds’, I do get it and I still think he was off the pace & slowed us down too much yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 99
ginnywings
October 23, 2022, 4:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pontoonlew

You’ll inevitably get a lot of hate for daring to say Taylor hasn’t played well, however, but for a couple of nice pieces of play he was very much ineffective. He looked far too flat footed and slow to react to things. You’ll get the portion of our fan base who will come back and say ‘ahhh you just don’t get what he adds’, I do get it and I still think he was off the pace & slowed us down too much yesterday.

Don't think it's hate you'll get but maybe disagreement. I think he adds more to the side than he's given credit for, but my brother thinks along the same lines as you have just said.

I do think he was looking a bit leggy yesterday in the second half though and at 34, I don't think we can just keep playing him in that role for the entire season. I think it's something we need to address in January because the other forwards we have are 3 young and inexperienced loanees and Orsi, who doesn't get a look in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 99
arryarryarry
October 23, 2022, 4:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from pontoonlew

I thought he did OK yesterday in what was a very good and entertaining 0-0 draw.

However I do believe his home performances are affected by Hurst's stubborness to start with only one striker at home which when looking at our home results so far suggest that isn't currently a winning formula. We looked much more effective when Richardson came on.

Whilst on about home results has anyone in the club office got the gumption to add in to the fixture list the FA Cup round one fixture   
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 99
Son of Cod
October 23, 2022, 4:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from pontoonlew

I'm a big fan of Taylor but you're right, wasn't his best day at the office yesterday. Not for want of effort though, he put himself about. Just not much came off for him, their CBs beat him to the ball and he looked a bit more sluggish. Their CBs both looked quicker than him and Taylor won less in the air than he usually does. He had a similar afternoon to Cook. I think if you're looking at MOTM then it was very hard to look past all four CBs and both keepers yesterday and that's not a dig at the wide players and CMs as plenty of those also had good games. Lewis in net for them probably edges it for me. Some fine saves and had to deal with 8 corners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 99
lukeo
October 23, 2022, 7:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
We have to follow this up with a win or draw on Tuesday night. A win would be absolutely brilliant and should slot us in a play off spot  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 99
sydney
October 23, 2022, 8:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Taylor was just as good as the others
Come On Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 99
MuddyWaters
October 23, 2022, 8:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Call out Taylor if you like but he’s still the best we’ve got to play the system we play. Richardson is an entirely different kind of striker and Orsi, Pepple and Simmonds just aren’t good enough. It’s not Taylor’s fault that we didn’t find a replacement.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.