November 10, 2022, 12:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pizzzza

What exactly are you eluding to here?

Somebody did lots of work, including setting up and running that hub in Freshney Place that also brought home a 1939 match worn shirt.

That person found the funding and helped the club win it. Despite what Ska says, I think this person has shown that they are capable to manage this project given that it has only got this far because of them.

I'm not slating Frankie, I don't know her and hope she does well but you have to feel for the person who got the project this far voluntarily.

Recruitment/retention does seem to be a bit of an issue at the moment. Has anyone actually seen or heard from our CEO since she took a Twitter break in September?

Has the new Head of Commercial managed to actually call our existing sponsors yet? Hopefully she's found a few companies that would be willing to pay for 12 of the vacant advertising hoardings...

Have the club managed to appoint a secretary or were all the suitably qualified people naming a salary that was more than the small salary other jobs seem to be advertised with?

Certainly a few questions about our back office function to ask when they get round to rearranging the fans forum...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 70
ska face
November 10, 2022, 1:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Somebody did lots of work, including setting up and running that hub in Freshney Place that also brought home a 1939 match worn shirt.

Didn’t The Trust win an eBay auction for it? Nobody went digging for it, it just popped up at the time The Trust had enough money to buy it.

You can either have a standard, consistent recruitment process or you can hand jobs to people you think might do a decent job of something, which is how we ended up with an office full of the old Chairman’s mates. Whether you think someone could do a job is irrelevant, unless you’re on the recruitment panel.

There’s a tendency on here for anyone even vaguely associated with the club to be treated like players, who expect some scrutiny. All the candidates are just ordinary people and I think the least they can expect is a basic level of privacy and respect. The successful candidate must’ve been buzzing to get a job but they’re now subject to snide insinuations from people not involved, out of order really.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 70
rancido
November 10, 2022, 3:23pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from ska face

Didn’t The Trust win an eBay auction for it? Nobody went digging for it, it just popped up at the time The Trust had enough money to buy it.

You can either have a standard, consistent recruitment process or you can hand jobs to people you think might do a decent job of something, which is how we ended up with an office full of the old Chairman’s mates. Whether you think someone could do a job is irrelevant, unless you’re on the recruitment panel.

There’s a tendency on here for anyone even vaguely associated with the club to be treated like players, who expect some scrutiny. All the candidates are just ordinary people and I think the least they can expect is a basic level of privacy and respect. The successful candidate must’ve been buzzing to get a job but they’re now subject to snide insinuations from people not involved, out of order really.

We may not have agreed on many things in the past but I totally agree with you on this. Any appointment should go to the best qualified applicant who presents themselves as the correct person for that role at the interview.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 70
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 10, 2022, 3:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,310
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from ska face

The person I think is being eluded to above took to Twitter to have a grumble about not getting the job so undermined your assertion that they should get a basic level of privacy.

I know nothing about this really and certainly don't know anyone involved but grumbling on Twitter about not getting the job may be an indication of their suitability for the role, or lack thereof.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 70
KingsleysHair
November 10, 2022, 3:39pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +249
Gold Stars: 8

The person I think is being eluded to above took to Twitter to have a grumble about not getting the job so undermined your assertion that they should get a basic level of privacy.

I know nothing about this really and certainly don't know anyone involved but grumbling on Twitter about not getting the job may be an indication of their suitability for the role, or lack thereof.

Think you’re confused. It wasn’t the person in question who took to Twitter, it was a close friend of hers.

Ska, you mention about mates being employed. You do realise our new Head of Commercial is a mate of the CEO…and a trustee at the CEO’s former employers still?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 70
ska face
November 10, 2022, 3:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from KingsleysHair

Ska, you mention about mates being employed. You do realise our new Head of Commercial is a mate of the CEO…and a trustee at the CEO’s former employers still?

No. I don’t know who any of these people are, let alone who they’re mates with.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 70
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 10, 2022, 4:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,310
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from KingsleysHair

Think you’re confused. It wasn’t the person in question who took to Twitter, it was a close friend of hers.

Thank you. Not confused, I just didn't know. Thanks for the clarification.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 70
MuddyWaters
November 10, 2022, 4:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Jobs for the boys…or girls?
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 70
Chrisblor
November 10, 2022, 4:26pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,961
Gold Stars: 241
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Has the new Head of Commercial managed to actually call our existing sponsors yet? Hopefully she's found a few companies that would be willing to pay for 12 of the vacant advertising hoardings...

September 13 2022:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/gdVZAKq.png[/img]

November 8 2022:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/7u1v7lU.png[/img]

You can actually check this stuff before coming on here making snide insinuations about club employees you know.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 70
DB
November 10, 2022, 4:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Whoever the club appoints in any position will have to pull their weight otherwise I'm sure JS & AP will send them packing. The club is one that now appoints people to do a job based on their ability and not the 'Old boys/girls' network.

The club is on a fast track to improve everything, as this thread has shown with the job description being only part-time but the job is there to improve the club.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Heritage fund project manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.