Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lets talk about the Man City U 21 game tomorrow
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 137 Guests

Lets talk about the Man City U 21 game tomorrow

This thread currently has 5,649 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
chelseacity
November 7, 2022, 2:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
Each EFL club will receive a £20,000 participation fee in addition to any prize money won throughout the competition:

· Group Stage - £10,000 for a win, £5,000 for a draw

· Round Two - £20,000 for a win

· Round Three - £40,000 for a win

· Quarter Final - £50,000 for a win

· Runner-up - £50,000

Winner - £100,000

Grimsby Town can make even more money after the £41,000 they won on Saturday if they win tomorrow night, and i know a lot of people have a conspiracy theory about this competition, i don't believe anyone would even contemplate removing Town's & Cities football clubs to replace them with a second string/reserve side of a Premier league club, it just wouldn't work for so many reasons. Like Saturday, gate receipts and match day sales are on top of these winnings. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
londonmariner2
November 7, 2022, 3:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
Pep Guardiola's plans to reform EFL with B teams blasted by Bolton and Accrington chiefs

The Man City manager's suggestion that Premier League development teams would be better off playing in the Championship or League One hasn't gone down well
The Manchester City manager's comments came after his team saw off League One side Wycombe in a Carabao Cup tie on Tuesday.
Their 6-1 victory was achieved with team that consisted of a plethora of academy-trained players, leading the Spaniard to suggest his bold proposals.
He said of the development squad: "They should play every day in Championship of League or League One. That should be the best level for English football, that would be the best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 51
denni266
November 7, 2022, 3:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 132
Rather watch this than the world cup this time round
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 51
Sir Matt Tease
November 7, 2022, 3:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +293
Gold Stars: 31
I'd rather stay and iron my socks  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 51
GrimRob
November 7, 2022, 4:04pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from chelseacity
i don't believe anyone would even contemplate removing Town's & Cities football clubs to replace them with a second string/reserve side of a Premier league club, it just wouldn't work for so many reasons. Like Saturday, gate receipts and match day sales are on top of these winnings. UTM

Have you looked recently at other leagues around Europe? We're fairly unusual in not having an B sides in our lower leagues. Most nations have B sides in their second or third tiers, i.e. about the level that we might expect to compete as a relative minnow. Even Scotland now have B sides in their Lowland League (Rangers are top - https://thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=273&season=20).

One of the things that makes me most proud about English football is the depth of support we have in this country for teams in the lower leagues. We've probably all been to games with 5 figure crowds in the 5th tier, that's more than some teams in their nation's top league average. We have a great tradition of supporting our local teams in this country and I wouldn't want to deny a single football team their place in the Football League, National League or whatever level you want to place the B teams at. Cos it would mean denying fans somewhere, who love their local team, the right to see them compete at the level they have earned.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 51
grimsby pete
November 7, 2022, 4:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Why dont they just have a premiere reserve league where they play each other then they can play senior players who need a game along side their younger ones.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 51
lukeo
November 7, 2022, 4:22pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from grimsby pete
Why dont they just have a premiere reserve league where they play each other then they can play senior players who need a game along side their younger ones.

This 100% I don't get it. At all.

Going back On subject, I don't want town to lose I never do. Money is money. But I won't be watching.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 51
Sweden
November 7, 2022, 5:58pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +318
Gold Stars: 8
When I ordered plane tickets, it was Crewe that was relevant. So I'm disappointed. Luckily I'll be around to watch Doncaster on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 51
It Bites
November 7, 2022, 6:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from grimsby pete

They won't have control of the EFL if they did that
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 51
pen penfras
November 7, 2022, 6:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from grimsby pete

They did. But it turns out kids playing against kids doesn't really prepare them for the rigours of mens football. I'm sure they could fix it by mandating at least 5 players over 23 in squads, but it just doesn't have the competitive edge of real football and the experience isn't the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 51
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lets talk about the Man City U 21 game tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.