Mayaman
November 14, 2022, 4:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,422
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from HertsGTFC
It does make me smile, certain posters on here wanted Fenty out, eventually that happened.

Now after less than 2 years the same people are moaning about JS & AP and DC clearly because in that that 2 years all that has happened is …

- Recruited a good manager and backed/stuck by him
- Got rid of a poor very large poor playing squad
- Brought in a load of honest pros who get on well
- Won promotion back at the first attempt.
- Failed to get a striker but money is available we believe
- The overall playing squad is better
- Paid fees for players
- We now offer 2/3 year deals
- Cheapside is better
- The support staff reflects a club that’s serious
- The pitch at BP is better
- As it stands we’re still in 2 knock out competitions
- Done an equitable deal for McAtee
- Seems like the Youth set up is thriving
- The first year pro pipeline looks stable
- Player support feels better - Looked after by Cokey

Oh and I forgot….

- The owners and exec listen
- People are interested in GTFC
- Fenty is getting paid, I think ahead of schedule
- We have a new major sponsor who look long term
- Record season ticket sales
- Great attendances overall
- Some work done on BP, more to do though
- Food is better, if IMHO a bit pricey
- They’re working with the trust not against it.
- There’s some good community stuff going on for sure
- Kids got to design the 3rd kit and others are benefiting
- Though it’s not visible to all there is a plan for the training ground

I’m sure there’s more.

Yes they’ve made a few PR mistakes like the badge thing but nothing to the magnitude of Alex May, flasks or flag deconstruction.

.From time to time me included people will not be happy with results and other bits (my current gripe is £2.50 for tea in the Upper) but overall this club is unrecognisable from the one Fenty and the other muppets left behind and I suspect is more stable than many in the pyramid.

And we pay staff a living wage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
ska face
November 14, 2022, 5:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from pen penfras

None of it makes a lot of sense to me. We've been run sustainably for years and the end result was poor on the pitch, run down facilities and a small presence in the community.

Yeah getting relegated into non-league twice, dropping 3 divisions in the process, watching the entire infrastructure crumble around you and being millions of pounds in debt to a single, unaccountable individual is the height of sustainability. Have a day off from plating Fenty’s ringpiece.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
TheRealJohnLewis
November 14, 2022, 5:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from pen penfras
None of it makes a lot of sense to me. We've been run sustainably for years and the end result was poor on the pitch, run down facilities and a small presence in the community..

Quoted from Google
Sustainable 1. able to be maintained at a certain rate or level.

We did not maintain anything, we dropped 3 divisions.

Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
HertsGTFC
November 14, 2022, 5:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mayaman

Yeah, yeah , but what have the Romans ever done for us?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
chaos33
November 14, 2022, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from pen penfras

None of it makes a lot of sense to me. We've been run sustainably for years and the end result was poor on the pitch, run down facilities and a small presence in the community.

We now have owners saying they want sustainability, but a bigger coaching team, bigger office staff, bigger presence in the community, better facilities and a bigger playing budget. Unless they've unearthed Corbyn's money tree, I don't see how that's possible. I suppose right now it possibly is, but that means keeping hold of the extra 2000 supporters that have bought season tickets, but a lower mid table season is unlikely to do that.

Run sustainably for years?! Are you real?!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
Marinerdeano
November 14, 2022, 8:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

Well said Deano. Forget about the bully boys in BP or on this forum. If we carry on chasing rainbows it won’t be long until we’re going for gold. Then we can have a disco down at Meggies maybe in the dolphin.

And if we have to put the title 'on standby' for one season so be it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
MarinerDevil
November 14, 2022, 10:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,805
Gold Stars: 80
Checked on Companies House to see when our accounts are due so we can make an educated guess at our budget for last season. Looks like we file in February now.

Our latest confirmation statement was filed today though. The shareholding is exactly the same as it was a year ago, for those interested, with 1878 holding 63.1%. I seem to remember JS saying in the summer that they were going to invest more in order to clear the historic debt. Not sure if that's happened yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 15, 2022, 2:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from pontoonlew

I’m saying other clubs have managed it. I’ll give you an example, Hurst said himself he turned down Umerah at Hartlepool. He’s gone on to score 7 so far in the second worst team in the league and is 8th in the goal scoring charts.

We keep saying ‘they just aren’t out there’ but none of our players feature in the top 25 scorers in our league. I’m sure Hurst is trying, but we’ve failed to get a semi regular goal scoring striker in for any of the windows since he came back.

People always churn out, ‘but 20 goal strikers are hard to come by’ but at this minute most of us would be happy with 12-15, it’d still be an improvement.

We’ve had more than enough time to fix this now and we’ve probably had the budget, I feel the answer is more in Hursts reluctance to take a risk on someone. It’s completely unacceptable that it’s gone on this long IMO.

Weren’t we after Tyrone marsh too but backed out?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A maximum high

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.