Private Message
DB
December 2, 2022, 5:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Has he been kidnapped by another fan site?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
male private Nale
December 2, 2022, 6:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Maybe he has something better to do than post on here incessantly, don't worry I am sure he is thinking of you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
golfer
December 2, 2022, 7:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
He's on his way back from Australia  -  came third in "I'm a celebrity get me out of here "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
HerveJosse
December 2, 2022, 7:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Broken his right forefinger.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Poojah
December 2, 2022, 9:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Appreciate the intrigue / concern, whatever it is. I am fine, by the way.

I don’t want to go into loads of detail (though some of it is in the public domain anyway), but about two and a half weeks ago a close friend of mine, and life long Town fan, suffered a major personal tragedy.

There’s a lyric in that unique song from the late 90s, Everybody’s Free (better known as “sunscreen”) by Baz Luhrmann, that always stuck with me. It goes:

Quoted Text
Don't worry about the future

Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum

The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind

The kind that blindsides you at 4 p.m. on some idle Tuesday

Ain’t that shít the truth?

So, yeah, that’s it, basically. The news really shook me if I’m honest, and I just haven’t felt appropriate or motivated to be posting my usual shíte on here in the time since.

That’s just the thing, right? I consider myself someone who’s okay with words. As long as it’s trivial. That’s fúcking easy, innit. You can say what you like.

But then I have no words for my mate right now; there’s nothing I can say. Because it’s anything but trivial. So how can I be on here spouting shíte about our striking options? I can’t; it doesn’t fúcking matter.

It’s made me reevaluate things entirely. The world can be brutal. Life is fragile. Treasure it. Treasure your loved ones. And don’t let trivial shít get to you. It doesn’t matter. Very little does, we just don’t realise it most of the time. And I include Town in that. By all means, enjoy and cherish the good times, just don’t let the hard times grind you down. It’s not worth it.

I’ll be back on here properly at some point in the not so distant future, I have no doubt. In the mean time, love to all you Fishyites and the whole Mariners family.

UTM!

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
crusty ole pie
December 2, 2022, 9:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Look after yourself poojah know nothing about you or your problems but sounds like you could do with some love at the moment take care and come back when your ready utmx
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Mayaman
December 3, 2022, 1:58am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Trivial or not Poojah , your words have an impact.  Been through a mini health crisis myself.  Just coming out the other side and then found out last night , somebody has been nicking money from my account.  But, after reading your post, my financial loss is probably trivial in the big scheme of things. It put things in perspective.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
lukeo
December 3, 2022, 5:05am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I feel you Poojah, a young lad ive played football with and managed took his own life unexpectedly a few days ago and I'm still in shock.

Stay safe and give yourself time. Talk. Be there for your friend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
HatTrickHero
December 3, 2022, 8:29am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
The current and very real mental health issue has different effects on different people. Me, I take the news about the school kids dying from strep badly, this on top of everything else...it's a cruel world and often hard to see the positives.
Other more trivial stuff that angers me I try to turn into a target for my frustration and basically have a good old swearing session at. TV,  news sites  none escape.
A full on, mock Mr Angry that lets it all out.

To that end I've love Rob to ID the two cold blooded human imposters who red crossed Poojahs heartfelt post.
Wànkers😏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
lee65
December 3, 2022, 11:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Poojah
Appreciate the intrigue / concern, whatever it is. I am fine, by the way.

I don’t want to go into loads of detail (though some of it is in the public domain anyway), but about two and a half weeks ago a close friend of mine, and life long Town fan, suffered a major personal tragedy.

There’s a lyric in that unique song from the late 90s, Everybody’s Free (better known as “sunscreen”) by Baz Luhrmann, that always stuck with me. It goes:

Ain’t that shít the truth?

So, yeah, that’s it, basically. The news really shook me if I’m honest, and I just haven’t felt appropriate or motivated to be posting my usual shíte on here in the time since.

That’s just the thing, right? I consider myself someone who’s okay with words. As long as it’s trivial. That’s fúcking easy, innit. You can say what you like.

But then I have no words for my mate right now; there’s nothing I can say. Because it’s anything but trivial. So how can I be on here spouting shíte about our striking options? I can’t; it doesn’t fúcking matter.

It’s made me reevaluate things entirely. The world can be brutal. Life is fragile. Treasure it. Treasure your loved ones. And don’t let trivial shít get to you. It doesn’t matter. Very little does, we just don’t realise it most of the time. And I include Town in that. By all means, enjoy and cherish the good times, just don’t let the hard times grind you down. It’s not worth it.

I’ll be back on here properly at some point in the not so distant future, I have no doubt. In the mean time, love to all you Fishyites and the whole Mariners family.

UTM!

You write so well, even with much “deeper” issues than footy. Wise words
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
thevera
December 3, 2022, 11:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from HatTrickHero
The current and very real mental health issue has different effects on different people. Me, I take the news about the school kids dying from strep badly, this on top of everything else...it's a cruel world and often hard to see the positives.
Other more trivial stuff that angers me I try to turn into a target for my frustration and basically have a good old swearing session at. TV,  news sites  none escape.
A full on, mock Mr Angry that lets it all out.

To that end I've love Rob to ID the two cold blooded human imposters who red crossed Poojahs heartfelt post.
Wànkers😏

Can you red cross accidentally when scrolling down? I'm sure no one would deliberately do this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where is Poojah

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.