Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 4, 2022, 12:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Didn't they change the accounting year end to 30th June?

I wonder if they will wait until the deadline in March or the beginning of February when the transfer window is closed...

Still a May year end.

The only difference now is that it’s no longer a plc so they have 9 months to file the accounts rather than 6.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 247
MuddyWaters
December 4, 2022, 12:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pen penfras

The content is not different at all.

JF - money input as benign loans,
JS - money input as equity which will increase their shareholding and stake in the club so they get more when it's sold.
Both ways, the next guy is paying for it.

JF - minimise expenditure on everything, club just about breaks even
JS - increase expenditure everywhere whilst saying the club has to be sustainable.
With increased costs and limited funding from the owners, there has to be new income streams or the playing budget suffers.

JF - money from EFL trophy is needed, we had good days in it so supported it.
JS - get to enjoy seeing big clubs and future stars.
The stragest one JS has supported when it's been so universally unpopular.

JF - we have a top 10 budget
JS - we have a budget that's not near the top teams but way above the bottom teams
Basically the same. It's "competitive", but we're not.

JF - multiple statements of seeming contempt for fans, which target the minority but appear to tar the whole fanbase with that brush.
JS - statements complaining about being accosted immediately after full time whistle, expectations too high, stop complaining about the lack of a striker becase they don't exist.
They both seem thin skinned and complain about what happens, but Fenty managed to upset everybody whereas Stockwood uses about a thousand words to dilute it a bit.

Then there's the stadium issue. JS and AP say we don't need one, but if that's what they think then why on earth were they two thirds of a consortium that was publicly putting their plans for a new stadium in the press 24 months ago. It's completely baffling and sounds rather deceitful to me.

Ok, we'll have some nicer things at a stadium that's not fit for a modern football club. We might get some more community involvement, although I'm yet to hear of anything that's different other than trying to give a job to the entire community. But on the pitch, where it really matters, all I hear is more of the same. And let's face it, we've been mostly excrement on the pitch for over 20 years

Ultimately, I don't expect them to throw millions at it, it's their money and they can spend it however they want. But if you haven't been happy with the football then you aren't going to be any happier because there's no sign of anything changing unless the fair weather fans stick around despite the lack of performances.

Some very interesting points - the next two sets of annual accounts will make interesting reading, if the year end is still end of May then the financial benefits of promotion might not be seen till the following year.
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 247
HerveJosse
December 4, 2022, 12:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144

Still a May year end.

The only difference now is that it’s no longer a plc so they have 9 months to file the accounts rather than 6.

1878 first accounts have to be filed by 8th Jan and will be required today disclose certain information from the accounts of the football club to 31 st May so would be better if they filed both at the same time ( in the interests of transperancy)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 247
MuddyWaters
December 4, 2022, 12:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HerveJosse

1878 first accounts have to be filed by 8th Jan and will be required today disclose certain information from the accounts of the football club to 31 st May so would be better if they filed both at the same time ( in the interests of transperancy)

Wonder if both entities use the same accountants? If they don't that's very unlikely to happen.
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 247
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 4, 2022, 3:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from HerveJosse

I suspect the 1878 accounts will be filed late or there are ways to get a 3 month extension.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 247
HerveJosse
December 4, 2022, 3:54pm
Champagne Drinker

I suspect the 1878 accounts will be filed late or there are ways to get a 3 month extension.

As has been pointed out before they are no strangers to late filing at Companies  House
Latest example on 11 Nov 22 they filed notification that 1878 had become a person with significant control of the club crossing the 50% shareholding threshold on 18th August 21. That took 15 months the filing deadline for this is 14 days.
I wonder how this goes down in the B corp application audit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 247
MarinerDevil
December 4, 2022, 5:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,805
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from HerveJosse

Any money injected into The club ( of which they own 53%) must therefore be loans from their acquisition vehicle 1878 Partners Ltd presumably benign . We await the accounts for year ended 31 May 22 to reveal the amounts . The club has also taken a loan from external source to fund ground improvements ( my source the public record Companies House)

They own 63.1%. [url=https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00034760/filing-history/MzMzNTcxMzMzNmFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0]This [/url]is the document that Herve is referencing, for those interested. It doesn't necessarily mean that this will equate to long-term debt as the Football Stadia Improvement Fund sometimes convert loans to grants on completion of a project.

EDIT: I've just read the document in full and it appears that it is for a grant, not a loan.

You are correct in that the total nominal shareholding value has not changed since March 2021 so any investment has not been in the form of equity.

See [url=https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00034760/filing-history/MzM1ODM3MTQ4MmFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0]here [/url]for the latest shareholding statement (14 Nov 2022).

Quoted from pen penfras

JF - money input as benign loans,
JS - money input as equity which will increase their shareholding and stake in the club so they get more when it's sold.
Both ways, the next guy is paying for it.

I don't think that's right. The nominal share value doesn't matter much when it comes to a sale, as the shares are only worth what somebody is willing to pay for them based on the performance of the company. Meanwhile, a loan can be used to ensure that an investor gets their money back (minus inflation). Stockwood has always said that they would review their position after 3 years. While they are not aiming to lose money, if the company is worth less than what they bought it for they would accept a lower sale fee. I hope they keep to that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 247
HerveJosse
December 5, 2022, 11:05am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from MarinerDevil

They own 63.1%. [url=https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00034760/filing-history/MzMzNTcxMzMzNmFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0]This [/url]is the document that Herve is referencing, for those interested. It doesn't necessarily mean that this will equate to long-term debt as the Football Stadia Improvement Fund sometimes convert loans to grants on completion of a project.

EDIT: I've just read the document in full and it appears that it is for a grant, not a loan.

You are correct in that the total nominal shareholding value has not changed since March 2021 so any investment has not been in the form of equity.

See [url=https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00034760/filing-history/MzM1ODM3MTQ4MmFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0]here [/url]for the latest shareholding statement (14 Nov 2022).

I don't think that's right. The nominal share value doesn't matter much when it comes to a sale, as the shares are only worth what somebody is willing to pay for them based on the performance of the company. Meanwhile, a loan can be used to ensure that an investor gets their money back (minus inflation). Stockwood has always said that they would review their position after 3 years. While they are not aiming to lose money, if the company is worth less than what they bought it for they would accept a lower sale fee. I hope they keep to that.

Declaration of ownership for FA Rule compliance on Club Website says they own 51.49%
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 247
25 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dons Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.