Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 183 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 5,744 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Stew0_0
December 3, 2022, 7:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,193
Gold Stars: 35
Think we need a reset in the transfer window. I would let Pepple and Simmonds go back to their clubs and try to bring in a quality striker to partner or play in front of Mcatee, who looked woefully isolated today.
I don't know what Richardson has to do to get a run in the first 11. He has good tight control and is direct and looking forward to goal and yet we can't get him in the squad/team. He would have given us something different today.
As an attacking unit we are offering nothing yet look defensively strong which is why it's even more frustrating when we come out with a 1-0 reverse.
Fine tuning needed in January
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
HertsGTFC
December 3, 2022, 9:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Stew0_0
Think we need a reset in the transfer window. I would let Pepple and Simmonds go back to their clubs and try to bring in a quality striker to partner or play in front of Mcatee, who looked woefully isolated today.
I don't know what Richardson has to do to get a run in the first 11. He has good tight control and is direct and looking forward to goal and yet we can't get him in the squad/team. He would have given us something different today.
As an attacking unit we are offering nothing yet look defensively strong which is why it's even more frustrating when we come out with a 1-0 reverse.
Fine tuning needed in January

I think Richardson is injured but in reality he’s not the answer either.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
Maringer
December 3, 2022, 11:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Wasn't there today, but it's remarkable how similar the way this season has panned out in comparison to the last. Good start this year (compared to a remarkable start last year), but not because we were brilliant at any point in either season, we just nicked the goals when we needed them. That was followed by a period (both last and this season) where injuries weakened us to the point where we just couldn't/can't get the results.

Hopefully, the return of players after injury and some new arrivals can give us a much-needed boost before too long.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
DB
December 4, 2022, 3:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Maringer
Wasn't there today, but it's remarkable how similar the way this season has panned out in comparison to the last. Good start this year (compared to a remarkable start last year), but not because we were brilliant at any point in either season, we just nicked the goals when we needed them. That was followed by a period (both last and this season) where injuries weakened us to the point where we just couldn't/can't get the results.

Hopefully, the return of players after injury and some new arrivals can give us a much-needed boost before too long.

You're quite right about the similarities between last season and this one. I hope it all pans out the same way with promotion again.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
fishcake63
December 4, 2022, 6:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
only an opinion but i think it affected not only the team but also the result we looked a threat with michee on the pitch when he went off & this isn't having ago at maher we lost our way down that side of pitch , hope he's ok because after the bromley match today football doesn't seem that important life & health are precious
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
lukeo
December 4, 2022, 7:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I actually thought Maher had a very good game.

We lacked any cutting edge, played well in patches, especially first half but didn't create enough chances to score more than 1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
Bigdog
December 4, 2022, 11:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
PH said everything I wanted to about the game. It was a fair assessment.

QR codes on away tickets whenever possible from now on please..Chaos yesterday getting into the ground..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
Son of Cod
December 4, 2022, 6:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Poor game, can't complain about the result really. They took one of their chances, we didn't take any of ours. Not overly worried, we're still looking solid just not clinical at all. Agree with the post earlier in the thread about McAtee currently being wasted in his current role.

I've been highly critical of Hurst's Simmonds/People preference, however I thought Simmonds did alright when he came on. He didn't tear it up but he was at least positive. Pepple on the other hand was merely a passenger. I just don't get what Hurst sees in him and why he continues to use him. I don't know how much more Pepple I can take.

Main positive of the day was the support. Phenomenal effort to hit 4 figures for a 9 hour round trip kicking off at 12.30. Shame we weren't treated to a win. And yep also agree with the above, the ticket situation was a farce. £28.50 for League Two football. Absolutely shocking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
sam gy
December 4, 2022, 7:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
To be fair I think that’s tenge first time Pepple has played in ages? He was so ineffective when he came on though.

Simmonds on the other hand I thought looked dangerous. He’s got good control, can beat a man and looks fairly strong for a young lad.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
Son of Cod
December 5, 2022, 9:35am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from sam gy
To be fair I think that’s tenge first time Pepple has played in ages? He was so ineffective when he came on though.

Simmonds on the other hand I thought looked dangerous. He’s got good control, can beat a man and looks fairly strong for a young lad.

Yeah true. He's been injured and has seemingly come straight back in though, which I don't get. Orsi has had about 15 minutes in the league during that time and we actually scored then (vs Stevenage). I know Orsi has had a few niggles as well but I just don't get why we've seen Pepple over him so often. I understand that Hurst values application and attitude, often at the expense of technical merit, but he's pushing it with Pepple for me. He can't look at Pepple's performance on Saturday and defend him. He was completely anonymous. Was he even up front, as in centrally? I honestly couldn't tell. I think the only times I noticed him, he was out wide on the right? If you're JMD, Orsi, Richardson or Wearne (when he was here) and you're behind these performances in the pecking order, I dread to think what's going through your head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.