Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincs Cup Win (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 141 Guests

Lincs Cup Win (merged)

This thread currently has 3,448 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
December 22, 2022, 8:45am
Guest User
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Why should we be even remotely interested when they play behind closed doors with youth teams.
I remember in the distant past when these games were anticipated and we'll attended.

I remember going to Lincolnshire Cup games on football special trains back in the 80s. We had some good days out in more recent times as I've seen us win the cup at Sincil Bank twice. We took more there in that competition than they brought to us in the league most seasons at that time.

Scunny have hosted games for some Sheffield United sides, again behind closed doors. I wonder if it is stewarding costs because these were Blades fixtures that fans attend elsewhere.
Reply: 20 - 22
DB
December 22, 2022, 10:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
I certainly remember this competition being part of preseason and it is for the "Senior" Lincolnshire clubs. It now seems to have drifted down the calender and may soon go into oblivion.

With regard to 3 games in heavy conditions. This use to be the norm a few decades ago with little if any grass on the pitch. Times change but the conditions for every game are the same for each side. It's how the better sides adapt to them and win matches.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
Madeleymariner
December 22, 2022, 10:36am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 51
Three games in a week I get, but they will have gone over 2 weeks without a game before that, some of the fringe players even longer, so if theyre not still fit after a 60 min run out against some youths we have a big issue with training. Orsi, Pepple & Simmonds have had about an hour of football between them this month they should be as rested as they ever need to be already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincs Cup Win (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.