aldi_01
December 24, 2022, 5:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Maringer
I'm looking forward to him coming back, all guns blazing and showing us what he can do after coming off the bench with 3 minutes to go.  

It would be nice if had a Vernam-style rejuvenation on loan, but it doesn't happen too often. Here's hoping...

Ahhh, Charles Vernam, a fine example of a player who seemed to get better without kicking a ball. Stood out in a woeful team…

Good loan spell or not, I’m not expecting Wearne to come back here and get in the side. He’s done ‘alright’ at a bottom half conference side…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
Maringer
December 24, 2022, 11:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
There's no denying that Vernam got into a really good run of form after returning from his loan spell at Chorley and he was playing some really good stuff when the pandemic hit.

Hes struggled to establish himself elsewhere since then, but has been playing a division above us much of that time. His record at Bradford was decent enough for a forward who does much of his work in wide areas.

I'd be happy to see him back here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
arryarryarry
December 24, 2022, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
I would be surprised if both Wearne and JMD returned to GTFC.

I don't think Wearne is good enough and seeing an interview with JMD he talks as if he is staying there.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
Maringer
December 24, 2022, 8:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
The way in which Yeovil confidently announced JMD was going to sign permanently in January makes it pretty obvious it's a done deal. As I mentioned previously, my guess is that Hurst has a replacement lined up and they are waiting until that is announced before the JMD deal completes.

Somebody at Yeovil didn't get the memo.

I also reckon that Wearne will probably be on his way.

Perhaps Hurst is looking at different types of players to these two and not simple replacements? A change in the style of play, perhaps?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wearne out on loan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.