1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Mariner_09
January 2, 2023, 10:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
It’s amazing how quickly the perception of things can change. If we’d lost yesterday, I’d never have started this thread and it’s no doubt still a case of me getting carried away but look at our next seven League games.

Swindon (A)
Harrogate (H)
Crawley (A)
Newport (H)
Crewe (A)
Colchester (H)
Gillingham (A)

Once Swindon is done, those are 6 very very winnable looking games and if we get some decent form back, maybe sign a couple of decent players, the table could look much pleasanter!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
HertsGTFC
January 2, 2023, 11:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mariner_09
It’s amazing how quickly the perception of things can change. If we’d lost yesterday, I’d never have started this thread and it’s no doubt still a case of me getting carried away but look at our next seven League games.

Swindon (A)
Harrogate (H)
Crawley (A)
Newport (H)
Crewe (A)
Colchester (H)
Gillingham (A)

Once Swindon is done, those are 6 very very winnable looking games and if we get some decent form back, maybe sign a couple of decent players, the table could look much pleasanter!

When you come up the first priority is staying up, from the 23 games left 5 wins and 5 draws gives us 50 points, anything after that is a bonus.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
dapperz fun pub
January 2, 2023, 11:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
That run of games could produce 17/18 points or 3/4 points very hard to predict
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Mariner_09
January 2, 2023, 11:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

When you come up the first priority is staying up, from the 23 games left 5 wins and 5 draws gives us 50 points, anything after that is a bonus.

We'd have to enter a spectacularly bad run if we were to even get dragged into to any sort of relegation battle. Looking at those 4-5 teams at the bottom, you won't need anything like 50 points to stay up I reckon. I bet 42-45 would do the trick.

Equally, I think a good end to the season, as the result of some shrewd January business is important as we go into next season, as I'm sure we'd all hope, and indeed expect, an improvement next season.

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
lukeo
January 2, 2023, 12:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Mariner_09

Swindon (A)  draw
Harrogate (H) draw
Crawley (A) win
Newport (H) win
Crewe (A) lose
Colchester (H) win
Gillingham (A) draw

3 wins 3 draws 1 lose my prediction
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Maringer
January 2, 2023, 1:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Gillingham will probably be greatly improved by the time we face them given that they are now spending big bucks on players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Mikey_345
January 2, 2023, 3:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 108
Quoted from Maringer
Gillingham will probably be greatly improved by the time we face them given that they are now spending big bucks on players.

Possibly, but hopefully takes a while for them to get going with their new signings

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Mariner_09
January 2, 2023, 11:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

I’d say their situation now is akin to ours in 20/21. They may well get out of trouble but it’s perfectly possible the die is cast and they’ll be further adrift by the time, presumably, an entirely new team has been signed in January. Knowing our luck, they will click on Valentine’s Day!

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next 7 League Games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.