4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
hampshiremariner
January 7, 2023, 8:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
The old fight and stubborness is back and we outplayed them in the second half. Everyone’s mood is lifted. Well played, lads. Hope Luke is OK fot the next match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
lukeo
January 7, 2023, 8:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
My app worked perfectly fine in polish  

Anyway... terrible game. Terrible conditions. Terrible ref.
But we won and we're through to round 4. Very excited to see who we get next... knowing our luck Wrexham away or the winners of Boreham Wood v Accrington
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
ginnywings
January 7, 2023, 8:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Magnificent second half display, where we stopped playing to their strengths and got the ball down and played. First half we couldn't lay a glove on them and were getting physically overpowered. We were giving the ball away as soon as we got it, but apart from a mishit cross the Max put over the bar, they presented little danger in truth.

Was a proper cup tie second half with the wind and rain swirling around and we pushed them back for most of it.

Thought our Achilles heel would come back to haunt us and we wouldn't get the goal we deserved, but it came with a bit of luck and we never looked like conceding an equaliser.

All the players did their jobs, with Maher and Holohan particularly good, but Green was colossal and my MOM. He is quickly turning into my favourite player. Richardson did well keeping possession when he came on and gave us something we'd been lacking first half.

Another wedge of cash in the coffers and hopefully a juicy draw to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
nickmariners
January 7, 2023, 8:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from lukeo
My app worked perfectly fine in polish  

Anyway... terrible game. Terrible conditions. Terrible ref.
But we won and we're through to round 4. Very excited to see who we get next... knowing our luck Wrexham away or the winners of Boreham Wood v Accrington

"Terrible game".

Seriously?

It was a v enthralling match for me and the group around where I sit. A couple of really great passages from Town - Holahan's run through penalty area, Richardson winning the ball, bamboozled Burton defender going forward on left wing; and numerous good crosses and cute angled balls from Town. Khan's amazing energy, Green's closing down and all the rest of what he contributed.

That's entertainment.

You're right about the ref though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
lukeo
January 7, 2023, 8:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I've said previously I like Richardson and felt he brought alot in the small amount of time he played. Oozes class.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
LH
January 7, 2023, 8:58pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,599
Gold Stars: 177
We’re clearly playing in the wrong league - we should be in League One and we’d be runaway leaders. Not a classic but who cares - the Fourth Round of the FA Cup has seemed a distant dream in most season in the last 20 years but we’ve finally earned a slice of football fortune so let’s hope we get it.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
MuddyWaters
January 7, 2023, 9:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Green outstanding the whole game, the rest pretty good second half. Max had very little to do so happy days, time for a big club away next for a big pay day before the window closes. UTM.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
Perkins
January 7, 2023, 9:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
According to the Burton fans forum we are an average national league side.
What does it make them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 7, 2023, 9:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Perkins
According to the Burton fans forum we are an average national league side.
What does it make them.

First half we probably were but in reality they still couldn’t trouble our keeper, second half we were the better side and they didn’t have one shot on target and looked a very poor side. Special mention to their number 5 who I believe kicked every ball he received into the stands!!

Well done town deserved win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
ska face
January 7, 2023, 9:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852
Knew we’d win that as soon as I saw Terry Taylor in the middle for them. Hopeless waif tosspiece, he’ll be looking at another relegation on his CV come the end of the season.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.