2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Norseman
January 8, 2023, 11:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
In all honesty if we get Luton would you really expect them to let probably the best player in our squad play.On the other hand they will be begging us to play pepple
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
FishySmithy
January 9, 2023, 5:49am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Even if they was allowed to play (they won’t be), they wouldn’t really want to play against their parent club we’re their loyalty lies , bag the winner and knock them out would they, (don’t 💩 on your own doorstep)

Hope for Wigan then 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
Abdul19
January 9, 2023, 7:50am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 220
I don't think they'll play, but if they did I doubt they'd be that loyal to Luton - neither of them could've spent more than about 13 minutes there!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
aldi_01
January 9, 2023, 7:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Football clubs are notorious for sticking to rules when it suits them, if it’s Luton I expect Mcatee not to play…that said, we’ve played more of the season without him and done alright so we don’t need to worry.

I’m hoping Wigan win anyway, would be a much better away day…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Mariner_09
January 9, 2023, 8:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from aldi_01
Football clubs are notorious for sticking to rules when it suits them, if it’s Luton I expect Mcatee not to play…that said, we’ve played more of the season without him and done alright so we don’t need to worry.

I’m hoping Wigan win anyway, would be a much better away day…

It doesn't matter which way you cut it, Wigan is much better outcome.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
FishySmithy
January 9, 2023, 9:01am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Abdul19
I don't think they'll play, but if they did I doubt they'd be that loyal to Luton - neither of them could've spent more than about 13 minutes there!

Loyalty and common sense that they would not want to get the fans against them, even before they have touched a ball for Luton 🤯, anyway won’t happen either way 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
diehardmariner
January 9, 2023, 12:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,706
Gold Stars: 543
Even if Luton forgot to put a clause in the loan arrangement saying they can't play against the parent club (which they won't have done, it's not like they've never loaned a player out to another side before), I imagine a gentleman's agreement would be reached where neither player plays.

I can't remember if it was Hurst or Stockwood, but one of them hinted at a link-up with Luton over more players coming our way in the future.  I doubt we want to upset them.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Loan rules (FA Cup) - McAtee & Pepple

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.