This thread currently has 1,913 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Craigy01
January 9, 2023, 9:34am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 2
I have emailed mariners TV to cancel my subscription but I never get a confirmation email back from them to say it's done?

The audio pass Keeps renewing every month despite numerous emails asking for it to be cancelled.

Anyone else have this problem?
Logged Offline
Private Message
gtfc_chris
January 9, 2023, 10:56am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
Not had the same problem yet, but I recently emailed to cancel my subscription after getting back to the UK but I've also cancelled my direct debit too so hopefully they can't take money for a service I no longer need.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Manchester Mariner
January 9, 2023, 11:27am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from gtfc_chris
Not had the same problem yet, but I recently emailed to cancel my subscription after getting back to the UK but I've also cancelled my direct debit too so hopefully they can't take money for a service I no longer need.

This. If any service you subscribe to is Direct Debit based then just cancel the Direct Debit with your bank. As much as it's well mannered to contact the service supplier to cancel you don't have to as when you cancel with your bank the supplier will just get notified that you have cancelled the DD and their system will automatically cancel the subscription. If they don't then they are in breach of DD law. I say this as someone who has an exceedingly boring and dry job dealing with various methods of payments including DD.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
GyMariner
January 9, 2023, 11:30am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 7
Yes I had this problem. Since it was classed as a re-occurring payment which is different from a direct debit, I wasn’t able to cancel the direct debit in the usual way. Had to ring the bank and block further payments from this company etc etc. I’m fully convinced that no one monitors the email address listed, never had a response to anything.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
lukeo
January 9, 2023, 12:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Yes I tried and it still keeps coming out. I logged into my banking app and I can't find it on their to cancel it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Craigy01
January 9, 2023, 1:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 2
Thank you for help, I've been to my bank to stop this from coming out as it's not a direct debit payment.

Surely they are breaching some rules if you ask for something to be cancelled and they don't do it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Kris2
January 9, 2023, 2:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Craigy01
Thank you for help, I've been to my bank to stop this from coming out as it's not a direct debit payment.

Surely they are breaching some rules if you ask for something to be cancelled and they don't do it?

Several but the support for this service is being run by some Indian call centre paid for by the EFL and nothing to do with the club I imagine
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Manchester Mariner
January 9, 2023, 2:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Craigy01

There'll be something buried in the smallprint to protect them no doubt. They probably didn't choose to use Direct Debit as a method of payment as DD is easy to cancel whereas whatever this other payment method they have in place seems to be more of a puzzle to cancel and they'll be hoping some just won't be bothered to do so and leave it running.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
HerveJosse
January 9, 2023, 11:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Your bank is required to cancel a continous card payment if you ask them to .With some banks you can do it via their  app otherwise you will have to ring or go in to do it.If you don’t stop them they carry on even when your debit card expires.Recurring card payments are the work of the devil.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
ivanosandwich
January 10, 2023, 12:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
I had a similar issue with Mariners TV.

I emailed them, received an automated response but nothing further. After a while, I called the club and it was all sorted quite quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners TV

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.