4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
WetFlannel
January 17, 2023, 12:55am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
I live abroad so use a VPN to pretend I’m in Britain whenever I want to watch MOTD etc, but to clarify, people COULD use on and pay for Mariners TV, giving money that goes directly to the club and watching the 3pm kick offs. Some fire stick type devices will show the games… about 10 minute delay and a ton of buffering and I dunno using such a thing for town games versus to watch channels of a huge company like Sky seems a little… different to me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
January 17, 2023, 1:51am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +880
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from WetFlannel
I live abroad so use a VPN to pretend I’m in Britain whenever I want to watch MOTD etc, but to clarify, people COULD use on and pay for Mariners TV, giving money that goes directly to the club and watching the 3pm kick offs. Some fire stick type devices will show the games… about 10 minute delay and a ton of buffering and I dunno using such a thing for town games versus to watch channels of a huge company like Sky seems a little… different to me

You are not wrong. They could indeed pay and watch Mariners TV, but there are also many many GTFC fans who can't afford to go to watch Town, even locally, and can't even afford to pay the £10 to watch online. With 46 games a season, that's a lot of money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
WetFlannel
January 17, 2023, 2:21am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
True, and no one should judge others on things because you don’t know anyone else’s personal circumstances. £20 a month for every League 2 game shouldn’t be a bad deal for MOST people however! Especially those who are able to pay for dodgy fire sticks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
fishboyUTM
January 17, 2023, 10:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40

You are not wrong. They could indeed pay and watch Mariners TV, but there are also many many GTFC fans who can't afford to go to watch Town, even locally, and can't even afford to pay the £10 to watch online. With 46 games a season, that's a lot of money.

Then they should't watch! We have to financially support our club. I'll be honest, I watch on IPTV when I'm away but I have paid for my seat already via my season ticket so I have no qualms about that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
fishboyUTM
January 17, 2023, 10:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
One thing I'll add re firesticks: I just uprgaded mine from a standard and probably ageing firestick lite to a firestick 4k max. The difference is light and day. It absolutely flies and I've been able to install some brilliant software on it called tivimate which works with my IPTV supplier. It's unbelievably good. The stick costs about 50 quid. No brainer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
Wiley2405
January 17, 2023, 11:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Then they should't watch! We have to financially support our club. I'll be honest, I watch on IPTV when I'm away but I have paid for my seat already via my season ticket so I have no qualms about that.

What if we are playing away when you’re away?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
AussieMariner
January 17, 2023, 1:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from oochiad
There’s a lot of winking going on…….

Allo Allo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
GrimPol
January 17, 2023, 3:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Free VPN's are usually a bit dodgy. Better to pay a little and be safe.

NordVPN and
Surfshark are usually pretty good and you can often find codes for reductions especially from sponsored YouTubers. You can often get them for quite a bit less than a tenner a month.

Free Proton VPN works absolutely fine on MarinersTV. My informant says they cannot vouch for other services (which I have no idea about) that may require VPN.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
GrimPol
January 17, 2023, 3:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from It Bites

Once you have the app how do you get TV Access

My mate tells me  , that you click app on, it will give you choice of country (limited 'cos its free)  click Connect and your IPN changes to Dutch (or Japanese, or USA)
Now your searches are from that country, which you will know if you Google/Firefox anything and comes back Dutch.
Once finished, make sure you Disconnect back to Blighty.
Tip make a note of UK IPN and just check its switched.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
DB
January 17, 2023, 3:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
I 'allegedly' use Zenmate to download torrents from various websites that are blocked by my ISP. Apparantly through Zenmate, and for free, you can show as downloading from Germany, Romania, America and Singapore. All work fantastically fast, so I hear. I might have just clicked on the 'streaming' option and they currently have an offer on an upgrade to Zenmate Pro, which then gives you 81 countries to connect through, costs as little as £1.33 a MONTH over 3 years (£51.84 for 3 years including 3 free months)

ALLEGEDLY

APPARANTLY

SO I HEAR

I BELIEVE

Reads like an audition for 'Have I got News for you', allegedly!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 3pm kick off on firestick

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.