Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln post losses of £2m!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 164 Guests

Lincoln post losses of £2m!!

This thread currently has 5,445 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 19, 2023, 4:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,000
Gold Stars: 228

I don't think the fact 2 of our backroom staff went to Grimsby is an issue at all - You do realise we replaced them with Kennedy's choices don't you?

I would be worried if you were pinching our best players, unfortunately that did happen, but to Rotherham, Wigan and Blackburn, and for decent cash.

So selling players to cover losses then?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
1mickylyons
January 19, 2023, 4:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
I wish we would spend some money on a few players WTF are we waiting about for?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
HertsGTFC
January 19, 2023, 4:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,000
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Just to show how mental the Championship is, Preston's accounts were posted today:

• £20m gross loss for the year
  • £16.8m post-tax loss
  • Accumulated losses of £69m, funded by owners
  • £86m debt, mostly interest-free directors loans
  • Wages £178 for every £100 of income

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1616089391109402627?t=davyNSws3fMezpRCqnT84g&s=19

Accident waiting to happen, but not the only example I would imagine.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
Mariner_09
January 19, 2023, 4:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Accident waiting to happen, but not the only example I would imagine.

Reading's another one where you wonder how they still operate at all.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
RonMariner
January 19, 2023, 5:34pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,849
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from pen penfras
2.2, 0.9, 1.4 and now 2 million. Sounds like a Scunny trajectory

Hard to think in what other industry losses of £6.5 million in four years could be viewed as anything other than cause for massive concern over viability.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 19, 2023, 6:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Shows how badly football is governed when you have Championship clubs with such huge debts and committed wage bills. I do wonder if much of these wage costs are driven by the Premiership clubs having such large squads and paying a number of their under 21 players five figure sums each week.

Thus to attract some of the better younger players the Championship clubs have to at least match wage rates. Then you have those clubs that just gamble on reaching the end of the rainbow and getting that minimum payment of £100M from being in the Premiership.

Let’s face it most Premiership, and a significant number of Championship, players have a much higher annual turnover than most L1 & L2 clubs. Not healthy for the long term unless a fairer redistribution of money can be agreed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
Limerick Mariner
January 19, 2023, 6:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,746
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from RonMariner

Hard to think in what other industry losses of £6.5 million in four years could be viewed as anything other than cause for massive concern over viability.

Rugby Union premiership - those figures would be an outstandingly good financial performance.

That house of cards has started to collapse. Leicester with 20k crowds will be left with no fecker to play against.

The big 6 Prem hoover up players distorting wages down into the Championship and lower. Preston’s gates are reasonable but those losses posted above are getting towards the rugby prem levels - it cannot be sustainable

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
OddShapedBalls
January 20, 2023, 9:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Rugby Union premiership - those figures would be an outstandingly good financial performance.

That house of cards has started to collapse. Leicester with 20k crowds will be left with no fecker to play against.

The big 6 Prem hoover up players distorting wages down into the Championship and lower. Preston’s gates are reasonable but those losses posted above are getting towards the rugby prem levels - it cannot be sustainable

They can join the URC and face the financial black hole that is Leinster twice a season lol.  Even in that league, where a lot of the clubs are centrally funded, pre-covid the only club to regularly run at a profit  or break even was my beloved Scarlets.  I can sort of see why a club like Preston might be happy to run up £80m of debt because if you genuinely think you'll get into the premier league then that debt can be wiped clean (in theory) next season but it's a massive gamble to take
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln post losses of £2m!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.