This thread currently has 10,151 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
January 31, 2023, 8:55pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 114
Hollowhead managed to persuade quite a few players to come here. He managed to sell the town to them. I know a lot of them proved to be rubbish but they still came. Wonder what tales he spun to get them here?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 140 - 146
jamesgtfc
January 31, 2023, 8:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GrimRob
Hollowhead managed to persuade quite a few players to come here. He managed to sell the town to them. I know a lot of them proved to be rubbish but they still came. Wonder what tales he spun to get them here?

He probably told them Squeaky was the best in the land and they would all get a massive pay rise as soon as his property magnate business partner put his millions in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 146
RonMariner
January 31, 2023, 8:59pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from jamesgtfc

He probably told them Squeaky was the best in the land and they would all get a massive pay rise as soon as his property magnate business partner put his millions in.

Perhaps free all expenses paid trips to Nigeria were on offer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 146
Nelly GTFC
January 31, 2023, 9:20pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,761
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from grimsby pete
I am one of the exiles and the only reason we left out home town and it is still home to us is for work.

I have been fortunate to have a couple of jobs down here which are not just better paid but job security as well.

Also got an excellent pension from my employers so we are pleased we made the move.

Grimsby will always be home and town will always be my team.

I could watch Norwich, Ipswich ,Colchester or Cambridge all within an hour of my village but the only time I have watched them is when they played Grimsby.
I kinda remember reading your post back on the big exiles topic from many months ago.   A quality of life decision, sounds like it paid off really well for you and your family, kinda inspirational to hear, like many of the other exile posts. I'm doing the same thing, not much left here apart from food factorys, the town centre is dead, all the investment goes to the cities and that's where I'm intending on heading. The only thing worthwhile coming back to is the football matches.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 146
ginnywings
January 31, 2023, 10:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GrimRob

500 quid a week and the chance to call themselves a professional footballer for a few months.

Some of them were not much better than Sunday League players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 146
Kris2
January 31, 2023, 10:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from GrimRob

That they are a footballer?
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 146
lew chaterleys lover
January 31, 2023, 10:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GrimRob

All managers have signed very good players from all over the country. Its just a shame we couldn't get them all in the team at the same time.

Hurst has put together several squads with very good players within them but not enough in the same team which is a consequence of having to keep rebuilding the squads.

Private Message
Reply: 146 - 146
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Location Issue

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.