2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
February 2, 2023, 2:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 220
Like Poojah I'm slightly concerned. The away form that served us so well early on has dropped off a cliff (5 league defeats on the bounce) so a win at Crewe would make me feel a whole lot better!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
Son of Cod
February 2, 2023, 2:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ska face
Good, it’s boring as fúck when there’s nothing going on, let’s get some games played. It’ll be like the World Cup’s back on. Too much talk at the minute and not enough football.

Sure someone’ll moan about the state of the pitch or wear & tear on the players’ studs though.

Yeah, I can't be arsed with window chat anymore. Everyone's said their bit, everyone disagreed with people they probably usually don't disagree with and it's been a bit of a divisive topic so it'll be good to get back to football and all unite again and moan about something together.

Northampton and Gillingham tickets both went on sale for 1878 members yesterday and I think trust members today or tomorrow then general sale on Friday so loads of time for South/South East/London based exiles so hopefully we'll take some good numbers, let's get out in force and show the new players that we're ready to back them.

597 we took last time we went to Northampton on a Saturday, reckon that's easily beatable.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
Mayaman
February 2, 2023, 2:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,422
Gold Stars: 74
Best mate here is a Crewe fan.  I lose every bet with him, so I'd better not bet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Mariner_09
February 2, 2023, 2:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yeah, I can't be arsed with window chat anymore. Everyone's said their bit, everyone disagreed with people they probably usually don't disagree with and it's been a bit of a divisive topic so it'll be good to get back to football and all unite again and moan about something together.

Northampton and Gillingham tickets both went on sale for 1878 members yesterday and I think trust members today or tomorrow then general sale on Friday so loads of time for South/South East/London based exiles so hopefully we'll take some good numbers, let's get out in force and show the new players that we're ready to back them.

597 we took last time we went to Northampton on a Saturday, reckon that's easily beatable.

UTM

Depends on a couple of things. If we win a couple of games that always bring your fair weather away supporters out. However, if we somehow win the Cup replay, people may have to make choices and Northampton away is the one to fall by the wayside.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
ginnywings
February 2, 2023, 7:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Just had a look back for a few seasons and the most points a relegated side got was 46, with a couple of seasons being as low as 30 odd.

We have 22 games left, so a point a game average will take us to 52 and you would have thought safety. Winning 5 and drawing 5 would get us to 50 points, so it really is up to us to make sure we don't end up in the mire again.

Two wins from the next 6 would keep us on track, but I'm hoping for better than that.

Still looking upward myself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
grimsby pete
February 2, 2023, 11:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,835
Gold Stars: 222
I like it when we play Sat -Tues.

It gives us a chance to rectify a defeat early or give us confidence after we have won and don't have to wait so long for the next match.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
HertsGTFC
February 3, 2023, 6:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Wow, remind me if I ever get to the cliff edge not to ask some of you lot to talk me down.

As Ginny says 5 wins and 5 draws out of 20 odd games. I also don’t subscribe to if we’d have got this player or that we’d have kicked on as you just don’t know.

As for Hurst will do this or Hurst will do that he pretty much said yesterday it’s 3 at the back which should give us width and generally makes a side a bit more attacking.

The over expectancy of the last transfer window can’t be the focus now.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2 Games A Week

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.