2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
February 6, 2023, 8:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Weren’t all the key goals last minute goals in that fixture last season? I know they scored late on, 87 minutes perhaps?

The game at their place felt like a great win, a well deserved win and a team that did have something although looking back now, that game was definitely a turning point and after that, the run we went on is quite remarkable really. I’d argue that whilst many seem to think we limped over the line, coming from the position we did with our poor form over December and January in particular, it looks even better. We’ve all talked about that team that goes in to the playoffs on a good run, in form as opposed to those who’ve been there all season…

It’s weird in so much I don’t really remember the league game purely because the playoff win sticks out, either way, was a great away day…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
February 6, 2023, 9:03am
Guest User
Fantastic weekend. I stayed over with friends and met up with others I hadn't seen for many years. One was a Donny fan who used to come to Town games when we all lived down  south. Nottingham is always a good away trip.

An epic couple of goal celebrations. A friend in the home end said it was like watching ants jumping on a hot tin-plate. After the game we all wondered if this could be the start of something.

Great atmosphere before, during and after the game and I had a ticket for Forest v Leicester in the FA Cup the following day. That is where the real yobbery from away fans was.

Very fond memories and I'd been aware of this anniversary for the last week and been reflecting on it.

UTM
Reply: 11 - 14
Abdul19
February 6, 2023, 9:23am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 219
After the game I wondered if it could be the start of something, before wrongly banishing that thought 3 days later when we drew at home to Kings Lynn.  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
FishOutOfWater
February 6, 2023, 12:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from aldi_01
Weren’t all the key goals last minute goals in that fixture last season? I know they scored late on, 87 minutes perhaps?

The game at their place felt like a great win, a well deserved win and a team that did have something although looking back now, that game was definitely a turning point and after that, the run we went on is quite remarkable really. I’d argue that whilst many seem to think we limped over the line, coming from the position we did with our poor form over December and January in particular, it looks even better. We’ve all talked about that team that goes in to the playoffs on a good run, in form as opposed to those who’ve been there all season…

It’s weird in so much I don’t really remember the league game purely because the playoff win sticks out, either way, was a great away day…

I'd forgotten that we had so many chances to be honest after falling  behind

https://youtu.be/6VA9NiQnFSM

Then again, getting the winning goal in the last minute is the absolute best way to kill off the opposition and to go full on with the celebrations!

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 14
ska face
February 6, 2023, 6:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
The turning point last season was the GET getting rid of Elliot Jackson as the GTFC reporter. Absolute Jonah that bloke and a negative influence.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Year ago today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.