Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from RonMariner

Bill Shankly?

George Kerr maybe?

George Kerr was great motivator and had a good eye for a player .Not the most sophisticated tactically. Inherited a good side from the underrated John Newman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 77
DB
February 9, 2023, 6:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Pre/post match interviews with a BBC journalist - not exclusive.

Interviews with new signings - shouldn't be exclusive.

Highlights - Matchday Moments is a great piece of creative content that should be showed off to the world.

The interviews with returning legends, "day in the life" kind of series and training videos, no issues with these being charged for.

I don't complain about "everything" but I think the departure of our Head of Commercial suggests the club weren't impressed with the department either. I'm so sorry for wanting the club to be the best it can be.

Our ticket system is a joke, hopefully we are on with improving that this summer.

There is a lot of good however, we are finally getting the coaching/support setup that we need to put us on a par with rivals. We are holding on to our young players longer and we are having some overdue cup success.

The ground has had some investment, but it definitely needs more and hopefully that continues year on year. The owners do talk sense and you no longer have your heart in your mouth when you know one of them is speaking in public or writing in The Guardian.

On the 4th of May 2021 the club was in sh!t street. 1 day later a rebuilding program started, putting right all that was missing in the previous 17+ years plus trying to improve it.

Fast forward we are in a higher league, back into the EFL and the last 16 of the FA Cup.

Rome wasn't built in a day and nothing is perfect but the need to moan about anything at this time is a bit silly. We're on the up both on the field and off it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 77
BIron
February 11, 2023, 9:16am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: -98
Gold Stars: 2
A real dour, boring bloke. Should never have managed us, him giving it the fist pump when we beat you at your place was the closest I saw to any passion.

Clearly a match made in heaven for you lot though, credit where it’s due he’s done a cracking job, especially your FA Cup run this season (the worst set of fixtures you could have asked for though haha)  I would have liked to have seen how he would have got on managing us under a different owner though. We all knew He who must not be named was the real problem.

UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 77
TheRealJohnLewis
February 11, 2023, 9:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from BIron
A real dour, boring bloke. Should never have managed us, him giving it the fist pump when we beat you at your place was the closest I saw to any passion.

Clearly a match made in heaven for you lot though, credit where it’s due he’s done a cracking job, especially your FA Cup run this season (the worst set of fixtures you could have asked for though haha)  I would have liked to have seen how he would have got on managing us under a different owner though. We all knew He who must not be named was the real problem.

UTI

I do get where you are coming from, while under Fenty a lot would have described PH as "dour, boring", but since returning under the new owner, he is thriving and we are getting to see the real PH.

No matter how good the managers are, they will get stifled while working for deviant owners.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 77
Hagrid
February 11, 2023, 9:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from BIron

UTI

you couldnt be further from the truth about him being dour and borin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 77
February 11, 2023, 10:40am
Guest User
Quoted from BIron

UTI

Don't know what you are doing on here, why don't you go back to your tinpot team in their tinpot league.

Reply: 65 - 77
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
February 11, 2023, 11:01am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from BIron

UTI

Maybe before, maybe it's working for the sort of owners he was working for previously, both here and with you. The Paul Hurst that we saw at the Fans Forum seemed happy and at ease, willing to talk and let his natural slightly cheeky sense of humour come through. To be fair though Scunny fans are not the best of judges, I mean, most of you said McAtee was lazy.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 77
mariner83
February 11, 2023, 11:07am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Confused, does BIron want Hursty in charge of Scunny or not.  Their post gives off proper mixed signals.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 67 - 77
chaos33
February 11, 2023, 11:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from jamesgtfc

At the start of the season they put a pre-match interview behind the pay wall. It was a video so I thought I would watch it.

But it was just the same interview with Matt Dean but 10 minutes instead of 20.

Highlights should be free for all.
Player interviews when they sign should be free for all.
Pre and post match interviews should be free for all.

Why are you automatically entitled to all the things you say you should be, for free?!

Get a Mariners TV account. It’s about £4 a month.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 77
BIron
February 11, 2023, 12:14pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: -98
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from mariner83
Confused, does BIron want Hursty in charge of Scunny or not.  Their post gives off proper mixed signals.

To avoid any confusion for you, absolutely not. He belongs down the road and he has done a great job for you. No denying that. I am just stating an opinion from the other side.

UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.