Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Snippets from the Luton forum
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 180 Guests

Snippets from the Luton forum

This thread currently has 697 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
February 8, 2023, 9:42am
Guest User
You just have to applaud the opposition.
Grimsby deserve to go through, getting a draw at Luton was a great result for them taking the few chances they had.

And then showing they wanted it more than us at their place.

We have been the giant killer in the past and have listened to the oppositions fans whine.
We now keep the push going for the Prem.

Good luck to them,they have earned it.
********************************************************************************************************************
Grimsby are behind us in development but, like us, they are building the club on a sustainable financial platform. They are not betting the farm or the plaything of an egocentric spiv. The evidence is that their approach is successful in the long term. The cup money they can look forward to will hasten that.
********************************************************************************************************************
Posted by Notorious D on 7/2/2023, 22:03:52, in reply to "Grimsby seem to be a bit excited!!"

Let them have their moment in the sun, the two clubs are heading in very different directions for the future.

(Reply)>> Different directions ? Yes, we’re exiting the cup and they are marching into the 5th round
“Let them have their moment in the sun” is pretty patronising and exactly the kind of attitude Luton fans get their knickers in a twist about when we play bigger clubs.

Wasn’t long ago we were in their position. Are we really forgetting that already?

That post isn’t goading, it’s just banter. I’m sure we’d have done the same.

Good luck to them in the next round. Good, proper club with a decent board it seems.
Posted by Box Seat on 7/2/2023, 21:56:24, in reply to "Grimsby seem to be a bit excited!!"

Fair play to them we'd be the same
Well done Luton

We managed to go 45 minutes without conceding a goal against Grimsby; a team who, player for player, are superior to ours in terms of skill, attitude, physicality and match awareness.
Posted by Terry on 7/2/2023, 20:11:22, in reply to "Harry Clifton- could he do a job?"

Programme seller                          
Shocking team selection - think of the 500+ fans that have travelled.
There's also a long thread where posters are just making stupid fish-related puns and not discussing the match at all !
Wouldn't want to see any nonsense like this on TheFishy:

https://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/msg/1675805882.html

Taken it pretty well, I'd say.
rancido
February 8, 2023, 9:48am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,649
Gold Stars: 101
I remember going on The Luton Outlaws website several years ago and I found it very hostile and threatening. It's nice to see some of their posters appreciate that football is very cyclic, especially to fringe and ' not fashionable clubs'. One day you are the dog, the next day you are the lampost.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
RonMariner
February 8, 2023, 9:54am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,849
Gold Stars: 230
Love the reply to the 'opposite direction to us' comment.  Priceless. Worth a gold star.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
grimps
February 8, 2023, 10:13am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,154
Gold Stars: 46
I like their site , it reminds me of when I first got a computer 20 years ago and didn’t have a clue what I was doing .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
barralad
February 8, 2023, 10:18am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from grimps
I like their site , it reminds me of when I first got a computer 20 years ago and didn’t have a clue what I’d was doing .

Back in the day that was called damning with faint praise. Brilliant!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Snippets from the Luton forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.