Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 145 Guests

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 18,578 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
paulgtfc
February 9, 2023, 8:44pm
Never lost at the old Wembley!
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from chaos33
Screw him. He’ll regret that.

Screw him?  That’s no way to respect the man who provided such a brilliant assist for JMD’s play off winner  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 165
Chrisblor
February 9, 2023, 8:50pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,962
Gold Stars: 239
Jason Stockwood has never heard of the concept of induced demand. He's rolled out the 'we're only averaging 6.5k, there's still space in Blundell Park so we don't need to expand yet' line again. We absolutely would sell more tickets if casual supporters knew they could decide on the day of a game to go along to Blundell Park and confidently buy a few tickets for them and their family / mates. Right now there's no guarantee they'll be able to do that (without their seats being individually dotted around or coming with restricted views), but if we managed to add a few hundred (or 1000+) extra seats on the capacity i'm almost certain they'd get filled and our average attendances would increase. Wish someone would put these points to him!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 165
Jarmo.Is.God
February 9, 2023, 8:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
PH spills the beans on his interview the first time round for the job...

Would you stay overnight at Barnet away?
Yes
We don't stay overnight at Barnet.
No then....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 165
HertsGTFC
February 9, 2023, 9:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
“Second Alf” …..as Mancini would say.

Now this was interesting and revealing, the ticks are measured on what I think was honesty & transparency rather than the answer I like or don’t like (there wasn’t much I personally didn’t like BTW),

Rationale behind the youth ✅
Hull recall example ✅
Transfer window openness ✅
Creative recruitment approach ✅
Signing players that want to be here ✅
Interested but not in for Dallas, agent as suspected? ✅
Commercial ✅
Colleague departures ✅
Ticketing system ✅
Season ticket discussions ✅
Kits based upon volumes & demand ✅
Next seasons contracts ✅
Increase In capacity ✅
Pitches ✅
Disabled parking ✅
Steward behaviour ✅
Pre season tour? ✅
Attacking coach ✅
Overnights & travel ✅
Cup income to playing budget clarity ✅
Planes 😂
Regulator ✅
Appreciation of the “support” ✅
The gaffer is happy working here, phew!! ✅

I reckon that’s the best fans forum we’ve had.

Look how good these events can be when the toxicity has been replaced by integrity and authenticity.

As DB says a professional vein is starting to appear.

Well done all.

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 165
chipsandgravy
February 9, 2023, 9:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Chrisblor
Jason Stockwood has never heard of the concept of induced demand. He's rolled out the 'we're only averaging 6.5k, there's still space in Blundell Park so we don't need to expand yet' line again. We absolutely would sell more tickets if casual supporters knew they could decide on the day of a game to go along to Blundell Park and confidently buy a few tickets for them and their family / mates. Right now there's no guarantee they'll be able to do that (without their seats being individually dotted around or coming with restricted views), but if we managed to add a few hundred (or 1000+) extra seats on the capacity i'm almost certain they'd get filled and our average attendances would increase. Wish someone would put these points to him!

Why didn't you go then and you could have put that point to him personally?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 165
lew chaterleys lover
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Chrisblor

I agree with you but he gives the same answer each time so I think it is obvious it is not on their agenda just yet probably due to cost.

One thing that did make my ears sharp object up was the difficulty they were having in getting sponsorships, which is in an area I thought they may have excelled in.

Overall though it was good; they clearly have the club's best interests at heart and they all seem committed to the cause, but it will be a case of slow and steady improvements.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 165
HerveJosse
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
All good apart from blind spots on ticketing system and need for extra ground capacity. PH a revelation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 165
aldi_01
February 9, 2023, 9:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Is there any evidence that people aren’t buying a ticket on the small chance they might not be able to sit next to their relatives or friends? Not saying increasing capacity isn’t valid but are we in danger or over egging this and actually, at present, we e enough seats for the genuine demand.

The training facilities are the clear priority and it’s nice to hear that’s a genuine plan that is in the latter stages of being finalised, rather than hearing an egocentric twit bang on about a new stadium that was about as likely as a solid stool after a curry…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 165
HertsGTFC
February 9, 2023, 9:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Chrisblor
Hurst confirms Andrew Dallas sensationally REFUSED the opportunity to join us last month! A cowardly position from a player content to loiter in mid-table national league obscurity!

Maybe he thought he’d done enough at this club after his assist for JMD in the PO final, he possibly thought he couldn’t reach that level if contribution again in the big games.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 165
Chrisblor
February 9, 2023, 9:14pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,962
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Why didn't you go then and you could have put that point to him personally?

I live 70 miles away from Grimsby, have nowhere there to stay tonight, and made the same point from my earlier post in the Youtube live stream chat (where the club said they were also taking questions from) immediately after Jason made the remark. But thanks for the suggestion!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 165
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.