9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
February 16, 2023, 2:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Players need to be focused on one thing at a time that is the next game.

The cup run which is great is sadly distracting them, it's not their fault it's human nature.

If we win at Southampton  ( it could happen )    we will be up and down for a bit longer.

If we lose then the players will only have one thing on their minds winning league games.

They are all trying their best and none of them including Hursty and co want to lose any game.

So we should get behind them all the time and try not to be too critical if we lose.

Things will improve because they are too good not to be safe at the end of the season.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 88
MuddyWaters
February 16, 2023, 7:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from grimsby pete
Players need to be focused on one thing at a time that is the next game.

The cup run which is great is sadly distracting them, it's not their fault it's human nature.

If we win at Southampton  ( it could happen )    we will be up and down for a bit longer.

If we lose then the players will only have one thing on their minds winning league games.

They are all trying their best and none of them including Hursty and co want to lose any game.

So we should get behind them all the time and try not to be too critical if we lose.

Things will improve because they are too good not to be safe at the end of the season.

Pete, have you seen us at home in the league? Saturday was dreadful. As have been most home performances. Notably Donny, Salford and Sutton. Only against Bradford, ironically a draw, can I say that I’ve really enjoyed watching us play.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 88
grimsby pete
February 16, 2023, 11:21am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Pete, have you seen us at home in the league? Saturday was dreadful. As have been most home performances. Notably Donny, Salford and Sutton. Only against Bradford, ironically a draw, can I say that I’ve really enjoyed watching us play.

Not live because of health only on tv which is not the same I know.

Players of all standards have the same problem they can only focus on one thing at a time.Look at Rashford while he was meeting the PM and doing excellent work about feeding kids his form was effected and could not get in the team.Now he has taken a back seat in doing too much he can not stop scoring goals.

When we have finished with the cup which the players have been so much better they will be able to focus on getting some wins under their belts and pulling away from the bottom and the threat of going back to non league.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 88
diehardmariner
February 16, 2023, 1:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
The worry for me is that there seems to be this blind faith that we'll play our way out of bad form.  That it'll all just sort itself out in time.

Time hasn't run out.  But we're not blessed with loads of it.  We're in terrible form and with every passing defeat it becomes harder and harder to see when we're going to turn the corner.  Crewe felt that way but in hindsight maybe they were that bad!  Ten men or not, Hartlepool must be incredibly bad to lose to them.

Hope there that maybe there's just enough teams worse than us and/or can't catch us.  
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 88
TownSNAFU5
February 16, 2023, 1:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
The good away win at Crewe might just have been the exception that proves the rule (as they say).  A false dawn, just getting our hopes up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 88
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 16, 2023, 1:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,770
Gold Stars: 81
To be honest I don’t accept that the cup run has anything whatsoever to do with our league form, especially as a number of those brought in during the window are cup tied. Our home form has been poor all season not just since November when we thrashed Plymouth.

Simplisticly the ball spends far too much time in the last third of our half. We don’t have the ability to get the ball forward and keep it there and our midfield far too frequently give the ball away even when not under pressure. Would reiterate other posts I and others have made in that our recruitment has not been good enough and given we are not able to compete physically against most of the L2 opposition we really needed our midfield and forwards to be top level L2 quality players to compensate and unfortunately ours are just competent with no one particularly outstanding.

Didn’t really expect we would be pushing for promotion this season, although quietly hoped the feel factor bounce might take us there, but certainly expected us to be comfortably mid-table without any fear of relegation. Unfortunately that’s what we have and a couple of quick wins is urgently required to remove these fears.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 88
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 16, 2023, 2:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from grimsby pete

Players of all standards have the same problem they can only focus on one thing at a time.Look at Rashford while he was meeting the PM and doing excellent work about feeding kids his form was effected and could not get in the team.Now he has taken a back seat in doing too much he can not stop scoring goals.

I’m pretty sure Rashford’s poor form had little to do with his free school lunch / universal credit work. It’s just an excuse for The Daily Mail to lay into him for being black, self-aware and for not following their Tory line.

More likely reasons for his drop in form were the abusive aftermath of Euro 20; splitting up with his girlfriend; United signing Ronaldo and Sancho; relegated to 2nd or 3rd choice set piece taker; being played out of position; playing most of 2020/21 with long-standing shoulder and stomach problems, recovering slowly from surgery on these and the general mess that Man Utd were until Ten Hag joined.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 88
GrimPol
February 16, 2023, 3:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76

I’m pretty sure Rashford’s poor form had little to do with his free school lunch / universal credit work. It’s just an excuse for The Daily Mail to lay into him for being black, self-aware and for not following their Tory line.

More likely reasons for his drop in form were the abusive aftermath of Euro 20; splitting up with his girlfriend; United signing Ronaldo and Sancho; relegated to 2nd or 3rd choice set piece taker; being played out of position; playing most of 2020/21 with long-standing shoulder and stomach problems, recovering slowly from surgery on these and the general mess that Man Utd were until Ten Hag joined.

Much better to blame everyone else, than take some responsibility, I always find.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 88
rancido
February 16, 2023, 3:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 100

FFS why drag politics into Rashfords' lack of form? All you had to mention was his personal and club problems.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 88
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 16, 2023, 4:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from rancido

FFS why drag politics into Rashfords' lack of form? All you had to mention was his personal and club problems.

If you scroll upwards you’ll see that it wasn’t me who brought politics into this. It was Pete.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A few things that bother me

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.