Mariner_09
February 20, 2023, 10:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from grimps
We seem to be getting a lot of our injured players back just at the right time , we’ll need a fully fit squad with our fixtures plus our progression all the way to the cup final 😂

We haven't been able to play Taylor, McAtee and Otis in the same side yet, add Emmanuel to that and I think that's properly decent.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 78
RonMariner
February 20, 2023, 11:23am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mariner_09

We haven't been able to play Taylor, McAtee and Otis in the same side yet, add Emmanuel to that and I think that's properly decent.

That would be an awesome combination to see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 78
toontown
February 20, 2023, 12:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Mariner_09

If you've got emmnanuel playing right wing back in a 3 5 2 with taylor and mcatee up top then I'm not sure where Khan fits in. No wide spot for him, mcatee takes the role of playing off a striker and emmanuel is surely a better wing back albeit he's played there. Unless khan goes as left wing back, I'm not sure about that personally.

Or you switch to a back 4 with emmanuel as FB to accommodate Khan, not sure about that either
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 78
pontoonlew
February 20, 2023, 1:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
I think for the way we play it’s obvious we needed Taylor, he’s more experienced in doing the job he needs to do than any of our other options.

That said, I personally think he was out of form before his injury (however deeply unpopular that might be) so I’d stop short of saying it’s a game changer to our season.

What will be interesting, is if he brings out the best in others like McAtee etc. It’s a combination we’ve pretty much not seen all season and one we know can be successful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 78
February 20, 2023, 1:37pm
Guest User
Quoted from toontown
If you've got emmnanuel playing right wing back in a 3 5 2 with taylor and mcatee up top then I'm not sure where Khan fits in. No wide spot for him, mcatee takes the role of playing off a striker and emmanuel is surely a better wing back albeit he's played there. Unless khan goes as left wing back, I'm not sure about that personally.

Or you switch to a back 4 with emmanuel as FB to accommodate Khan, not sure about that either

I've been pondering the very same thing. Most likely, I felt, was that Taylor starts and gives us an hour - and then Khan takes over from him.

We might be chasing the game of course (even if they play a number of squad players), so we might go 3-4-3. I still suspect Taylor wouldn't
finish the match, so Orsi or Lloyd might grace St. Mary's as well as Otis in that circumstance.

For me, if Green is fit he joins Harry and Gav in the midfield.
(Though we'll probably use all the allowed subs if we're still 'in the game' due to tiredness.)

Who takes the penalties, if that's how it ends up?
Reply: 24 - 78
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 20, 2023, 1:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,308
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from 137

I've been pondering the very same thing. Most likely, I felt, was that Taylor starts and gives us an hour - and then Khan takes over from him.

We might be chasing the game of course (even if they play a number of squad players), so we might go 3-4-3. I still suspect Taylor wouldn't
finish the match, so Orsi or Lloyd might grace St. Mary's as well as Otis in that circumstance.

(Though we'll probably use all the allowed subs if we're still 'in the game' due to tiredness.)

If we have to worry about penalty takers we'll have had a great night.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 78
diehardmariner
February 20, 2023, 1:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,706
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from toontown

In the cup games against Luton, Hurst set up with a sorta 3-2-2-2-1.  3 centre backs, 2 wing backs, 2 defensive midfielders, 2 more attack minded midfielders and a striker.  Potentially you could have McAtee and Khan as the two attack minded midfielders supporting Taylor.  That does, however, leave an absolute luxury of midfielders to fill two spots and potentially leaves Taylor isolated, when you might need a more mobile forward in that role.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 78
Mariner_09
February 20, 2023, 1:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from 137

Holohan, Danio, Harry, maybe Danny Amos, and Shaun Pearson!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 78
Limerick Mariner
February 20, 2023, 2:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from 137

Lloyd is cup tied - played for Cheltenham in a humiliating defeat by Alvechurch. O'Neill also cup tied.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 78
February 20, 2023, 3:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mariner_09

Holohan, Danio, Harry, maybe Danny Amos, and Shaun Pearson!

Pearson won't be playing.

Reply: 29 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Taylor

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.