6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Mappers
February 26, 2023, 7:15am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,492
Gold Stars: 120
It will be interesting to see how many we sell next season . I get one but only get to around half the games but always either try and give it away or release the seat . There has definately been more non atendees lately there were around 20 empty seats around me at the Colchester game. Looked on the highlights like a lot were empty in the Pontoon .

I think you have to be mindful though of the gauranteed income V inconvenience of a relatively small amount of non atendees to how many people would have now actually  been attending if they were paying on the day and didnt have the ST ,i think gates would have been down with the poor home form -no way we would have got 5 and 6k on Tuesday nights against Harrogate etc as we traditionally used to get 3s and 4s at a push for those games .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 52
HerveJosse
February 26, 2023, 11:05am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
While yesterday was a proper game they have been few and far between at home this season combined with 3 wins in 15 in the League people are entitled to put there feet up at home if they choose to do so. Can’t think of another industry where people would be criticised for supporting there team financially and choosing not to attend . Answers are entertaining football and more capacity
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
Yarborough Vaults
February 26, 2023, 11:54am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
I'm not sure it's as clear cut as that. There's a whiff of Cornwall second home owners about those stumping up for prime real estate who then don't bother using it for whatever reason, while forcing others to miss out on their natural surroundings.

I'm tempering those feelings with the sight yesterday of rain battering the Lower just before kick off as I sat in exile under a decent roof in the Osmond. I still wanted to be in there, complaining about getting wet, but it did lift the senses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Empty seats

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.