This thread currently has 4,917 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
March 2, 2023, 2:38pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
Some right bitter twits on their forums, this is just a little example.
https://twitter.com/trevhewsongy/status/1631302492880289792?s=46&t=6afbiBm9hJhja0TBTGTGfg

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
scrumble
March 2, 2023, 2:53pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted Text
I was there and think they said the attendance was 17,500 I think,  including over 4000 Grimsby fans.
But the Grimsby fans sounded like 17,500 to f them, gotta give them props for the supper midweek. In contrast the home support was basically silent apart from 1 or two attempted chants that quickly died out  

That's just one from Reddit. The majority of comments I've seen have been nothing but complimentary towards the players and fans.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
RonMariner
March 2, 2023, 2:57pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,849
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Some right bitter twits on their forums, this is just a little example.
https://twitter.com/trevhewsongy/status/1631302492880289792?s=46&t=6afbiBm9hJhja0TBTGTGfg

You learn a great deal about a persons character from how they respond to defeat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
HatTrickHero
March 2, 2023, 3:40pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Been almost constant praise form Saints fans I've come across. There will always be bitter fans but honestly, the guy needs to worry where his club are going, never mind a loss to little ol' Grimbo. The elation and pride of our performance last night was so immense that I barely  took in some of the commentators words about their plight. The I remembered this morning....they spent £60 million in January. Whaaat?
Shocking, wreckless and a just galaxies away from the football we all enjoy/endure in the lower levels.
Don't know where they go from here but not our problem anymore, out-spent us by £60 million but we outplayed, out-fought and out-sang them.

Proper football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
HerveJosse
March 2, 2023, 3:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
All the people we spoke to in Southampton before and after the game and again this morning were friendly helpful and complimentary about us . I think when you are pottering about in the lower mid reaches of the Premier League for years never looking like winning anything and hoping to finish 10th every year you are perhaps a bit jealous of nights like we had.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
Theimperialcoroner
March 2, 2023, 4:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
This was off a Saints forum. Got to say the same about my personal experience of those we met yesterday.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
Mayaman
March 2, 2023, 4:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from HatTrickHero
Been almost constant praise form Saints fans I've come across. There will always be bitter fans but honestly, the guy needs to worry where his club are going, never mind a loss to little ol' Grimbo. The elation and pride of our performance last night was so immense that I barely  took in some of the commentators words about their plight. The I remembered this morning....they spent £60 million in January. Whaaat?
Shocking, wreckless and a just galaxies away from the football we all enjoy/endure in the lower levels.
Don't know where they go from here but not our problem anymore, out-spent us by £60 million but we outplayed, out-fought and out-sang them.

Proper football.

out-inflatabled them too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
HatTrickHero
March 2, 2023, 5:40pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Mayaman

out-inflatabled them too.

Not sure about the validity of the word but I'm up for e-mail bombing the Oxford Dictionary bunch until they relent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
grimps
March 2, 2023, 5:45pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,153
Gold Stars: 46
I’d try not to get too excited about what a 13 year old on Twitter says about us
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
HertsGTFC
March 2, 2023, 7:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
I sat with a friend of mine in the Saints but down the side, mix of generations and opinions, mainly the ref and their side getting the stick.

For both of our goals and the final whistle I tried to play it cool, failed miserably!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Saints Fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.