St. Pauli
March 3, 2023, 10:09am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 1
https://www.mopo.de/sport/fuss.....-mit-fischen-feiert/

We even made it to a report in a local paper in Hamburg (Germany).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
Poojah
March 3, 2023, 10:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
This is brilliant - one of my favourite MMs so far.

One thing it does reinforce is just how ridiculous and bizarre that second penalty was. It’s patently a very silly thing to do for Caleta Car to do, but it really is the lightest of flicks and Orsi’s reaction is gloriously theatrical. Then there’s the weird pause of 7 or 8 seconds before the ref points to the spot; it’s not quite clear what crystallises his decision to give the pen - does he get a whisper from the lino?

I didn’t see what happened at the time. I couldn’t believe it when it was given. A magical moment.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
ska face
March 3, 2023, 10:50am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
After watching that I’m just really, really made up for the squad & management more than anything. This lot spend most of their weekends getting dogs abuse in front of a few thousand people, and for most lower league players that is all they’ll ever get.

Emmanuel was playing at North Ferriby a few weeks back, Alex Hunt relegated to the conference & getting booed off at Oldham for the second half of last season, Crocombe was heading to Boston until we picked him up, Glennon binned by Burnley & not rated at struggling Barrow, Efete released by Norwich then bounced around from Billericay to Bath before missing the PO campaign last year.

Most careers in the lower leagues must be generally depressing punctuated with the odd good win. Hopefully this run has given them all something to look back on when they hang their boots up.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
toontown
March 3, 2023, 11:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
I like how at one point after the match emanuel is just nodding his head to himself, made me wonder if he was thinking 'yep, coming here was a good decision'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
March 3, 2023, 11:29am
Guest User
Quoted from toontown
I like how at one point after the match emanuel is just nodding his head to himself, made me wonder if he was thinking 'yep, coming here was a good decision'

Yeah I saw that and thought exactly the same.

Hoping he can be persuaded to sign up for next season at least, or preferably longer.
Reply: 7 - 28
AussieMariner
March 3, 2023, 11:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from toontown

I saw him doing exactly the same thing I think it was at the end of the Northampton win and I think it’s a nod of appreciation for the away fans.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
mariner83
March 3, 2023, 2:22pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Worth a watch too
[tweet]1631627601168027649[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matchday Moments Southampton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.