15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
March 4, 2023, 5:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 33
Good first1/2 hour, followed by an hour of being 2nd best.

I wonder what Sean Scannell has to do to get some time on the field ?

If not fit, why name him on the bench?

The passing game just seemed to disintegrate, why can't we just pass to our own players and quicker??

Felt sorry for all of the forwards today - couple of good Floyd chances, and nothing else !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 147
Chrisblor
March 4, 2023, 5:06pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,961
Gold Stars: 241
Hunt was great for 30 minutes before giving the ball away for their goal and turning into someone who'd forgotten how to play football. Lloyd did the best he could feeding off scraps and was our only player to actually test their keeper (and hit the post). O'Neill, Dickson Peters and Morris were all junk and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. Maher was actually excellent even though we conceded two. Taylor added a lot when he came on and actually made the ball stick up the other end of the pitch for once. Khouri looked very raw in this cameo - combative but his passing was lacking. Brunton Park is a total morgue considering they're in an automatic promotion spot, really underwhelming stuff from their supporters.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 147
chipsandgravy
March 4, 2023, 5:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
No problem with the amount of changes today. Annoying that yet again a poor moment from Hunt completely handed the momentum to them after controlling the game and having two decent chances.
We were never the same from that moment on.
Let's hope the Cup money helps with the recruitment in the summer as we are short of quality in depth.
Maher and Khan takes honourable mentions whilst Morris doesn't look like the same player since his injury.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 147
DB
March 4, 2023, 5:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
We won on Wednesday. Win some lose some and even draw. We move on to Tuesday against Newport who also lost today away from home.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 147
lukeo
March 4, 2023, 5:31pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I still like the look of Lloyd. Personally think he's currently our best fully fit striker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 147
Marshy634
March 4, 2023, 6:00pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: -36
Gold Stars: 1
Im baffled how morris has become a scape goat 🤯 i have seen multiple players give away the ball multiple of times in games and morris is the only one people seem to pick up on ! Its a team sport so single one player out isnt right. Hunt today give away a goal and should of won the header for second goal and poor defending from amos.

Morris was good for everyone when we beat crewe 3-0. Just dont get what he done wrong today other then a few sloppy passes as alot of players do within the the games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 147
Grimal
March 4, 2023, 6:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Marshy634
Im baffled how morris has become a scape goat 🤯 i have seen multiple players give away the ball multiple of times in games and morris is the only one people seem to pick up on ! Its a team sport so single one player out isnt right. Hunt today give away a goal and should of won the header for second goal and poor defending from amos.

Morris was good for everyone when we beat crewe 3-0. Just dont get what he done wrong today other then a few sloppy passes as alot of players do within the the games

I won't pick any one player out but will say I'll be more than happy when Cropper is fit again.There were quite a few players out there today that are nowhere near good enough or ready to be selected for the 1st  eleven.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 147
pontoonlew
March 4, 2023, 6:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Marshy634

Morris has become a scapegoat for Tonduer, and I feel like a few have latched onto the narrative that he’s created and just run with it. He’s been no way near as bad as Tonduers commentary portrays him to be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 147
Marshy634
March 4, 2023, 6:30pm
Coke Drinker
We won 3 games in 10 lost 7 so who is our best starting 11.

Fa cup run is fab dont get me wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 147
Marshy634
March 4, 2023, 6:30pm
Coke Drinker
Drew 2 actually
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 147
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Carlise

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.