8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
March 6, 2023, 9:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,778
Gold Stars: 1,515
Moors chairman releases placatory statement following the departure of Tyrone Barnett and now Andrew Dallas. The main takeaway for me however is that he looks a lot like a badly drawn Phil Parkinson.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SolihullMoors/status/1632796933986177029

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 76
MarinerDevil
March 6, 2023, 9:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,805
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted Text
However, young players have their own ambitions, understandably, and both Ryan and Andrew made it clear that they wanted to play in the EFL next season – and sadly, we are unlikely to match this ambition in the short term.

I mean... he had the opportunity to do so if the rumours are true. He must be holding out for the best deal possible, which you can understand but it could easily backfire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 76
grimps
March 7, 2023, 4:43am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,152
Gold Stars: 46
At the end of the day you can't make someone go work somewhere he doesn't want to.
Maybe it's down to location , money , ambition or he might not like our style of play of management.
Who cares eh ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 76
HertsGTFC
March 7, 2023, 8:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Poojah
Moors chairman releases placatory statement following the departure of Tyrone Barnett and now Andrew Dallas. The main takeaway for me however is that he looks a lot like a badly drawn Phil Parkinson.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SolihullMoors/status/1632796933986177029

I think it confirms what we knew in that if things hadn't gone our way in the POF and they'd have got promoted their support based would have struggled to sustain league football and the extra costs that would have incurred.

On the face of it he appears to be pretty open about the reasons they've let talent go. Also good to see that Ardley hasn't been blamed for their mid table performance level, I think he's a decent manager, you would expect the vultures to be circling.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 76
Rick12
March 7, 2023, 9:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from grimps
At the end of the day you can't make someone go work somewhere he doesn't want to.
Maybe it's down to location , money , ambition or he might not like our style of play of management.
Who cares eh ?
I imagine it's more the money side . On another level you look at the likes of what Kilian Mbappe gets at Paris St Germain. Last year he was on just over 1.5 million a week 😳. Football is ultimately a business where the best players go where the money is.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 76
Nutsy
March 7, 2023, 10:50am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +158
Gold Stars: 5
I’d like us to look at Sbarra rather Dallas, think he could fill a void to be left by McAttee.

I’d like us to pay some more fees int he summer with this new influx of money from the cup
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 76
HertsGTFC
March 7, 2023, 11:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Dallas certainly has a decent goals to games return at tin pot level, I just wonder if Twitter etc.. has made him the next big thing as it tends to do from time to time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 76
March 7, 2023, 12:10pm
Guest User
This Andrew Dallas thing has become a bleedin' fetish on here. His scoring record at L2 level is 2 goals in 23 games btw.

We're going to need at least two forwards in the summer, and if PH wants AD to be one of them that's fine with me.
But he'll be the 'good prospect'...the other guy (I'm hoping) will be 6' 4" and a proven goalscorer - you know, someone in
the mould of Erling Haaland, but more affordable (   ).

Personally, I'd look beyond Dallas. Not because he's already turned us down (allegedly), but because we should be in a
position, financially, to recruit someone who is proven better at the level we're at.

I feel a bit for Hurst - given our Cup success - because there'll now be some daft fans thinking he can go out and sign
a L2 version of Erling Haaland. If only it was that easy (see signature below)...

Happy dreaming Fishies!
Reply: 37 - 76
March 7, 2023, 12:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from 137
This Andrew Dallas thing has become a bleedin' fetish on here. His scoring record at L2 level is 2 goals in 23 games btw.

We're going to need at least two forwards in the summer, and if PH wants AD to be one of them that's fine with me.
But he'll be the 'good prospect'...the other guy (I'm hoping) will be 6' 4" and a proven goalscorer - you know, someone in
the mould of Erling Haaland, but more affordable (   ).

Personally, I'd look beyond Dallas. Not because he's already turned us down (allegedly), but because we should be in a
position, financially, to recruit someone who is proven better at the level we're at.

I feel a bit for Hurst - given our Cup success - because there'll now be some daft fans thinking he can go out and sign
a L2 version of Erling Haaland. If only it was that easy (see signature below)...

Happy dreaming Fishies!

PH said in one of his interviews that Dallas had said that he did not want to come to Grimsby.

Reply: 38 - 76
GtfcGarner
March 7, 2023, 12:24pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Should it ever be the case of PH leaving I wouldn't mind Ardley here. Conducts himself with the same class and seems to be able to get a tune out of a player, found a few gems at Solihull and came a whisker away to getting them promoted last year against us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Andrew Dallas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.