This thread currently has 1,087 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
March 7, 2023, 9:29am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 102
Given there will be some fans who don’t get tickets for Brighton, the fear of missing out is rising. On another thread it was mentioned about games missed, so what games do you wish you were at but we’re not?
For me it is Boro, Villa and Burnley (semi)

Fortunate to have been to Liverpool, Everton, Wimbledon, Wrexham and loads of other great days but those three really stick out.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Yossarian
March 7, 2023, 9:51am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,097
Gold Stars: 19
Yeah I missed the Liverpool game - I forgot it was even on (what a numbnut) and only found out when I turned on Radio 5 live with 5 mins to go!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Les Brechin
March 7, 2023, 11:35am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,722
Gold Stars: 174
The only game I missed when I really wished I'd been there was away at Burnley in the AWS semi-final. Had everything organised to go but on the day I was sick as a dog so decided not to go.

I'm very lucky to have seen all our other big away wins at Middlesborough, Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea, Villa (well a draw), Newcastle.

The only other BIG game I missed was the Wembley final v MK Franchise. Again I had everything organised to go but was rushed into hospital a couple of days before.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
March 7, 2023, 11:47am
Guest User
I've missed quite a few. Some were around self-imposed exile from games after being on the wagon. Sobriety came before matches at a time when I associated much of my drinking with following Town and didn't want to be around boozing friends. No regrets really. Missed Spurs win as I was on holiday in Dubai.

I'm just glad of the ones I got to and there have been plenty in forty-four years.
Reply: 3 - 7
dapperz fun pub
March 7, 2023, 11:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Missed Burnley away and Everton away still bothers me to this day , family life just wouldn’t allow it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
diehardmariner
March 7, 2023, 12:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
Braintree away in the play-off semi for me.  

Home game did me in, was sick of going so close in the previous two seasons and then feeling like we just ran out of steam that year.   The home leg was just awful, they seemed to have our number all season and couldn't for the life of me see us getting anything at all, never mind turning it round.  I think the Hurst Out banner on the flyover just really tipped me over the edge too, that feeling of we can't even be a collective front at this stage so what's the point.

Weirdly accepted another semi-final failure and a fourth consecutive choke in the play-offs, yet woke up on the Sunday morning completely buoyed and thinking that we would do it.  Thought long and hard about going but opted against it, went round to a mates house to watch it on telly and from the moment the teams came out regretted the decision not to go.  Even as the clock ticked away, just had a feeling it would happen and we would get a chance...
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Sconeboy
March 7, 2023, 6:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
2016 playoff final - Was a trauma I only got over after last years final!!  

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Brazilnut
March 7, 2023, 7:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from diehardmariner
.  Thought long and hard about going but opted against it, went round to a mates house to watch it on telly ...

Oh look at you pretending you have got friends

and yes this is a joke ...I don't know you at all

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FOMO

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.