Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 177 Guests

Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight

This thread currently has 29,814 views. Print
33 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next All Recommend Thread
immariner
March 8, 2023, 1:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from diehardmariner

We have no idea at all around the circumstances of her day, or anyone else in the office.

I get the argument that we've all had a boss who felicitations us over with a last minute demand and then scoots off, but it doesn't make it right does it?

Ahhhh I do enjoys me a good petard hoisting.

Tell me how you know the ticket office staff feel copulated over?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 290 - 325
diehardmariner
March 8, 2023, 1:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
Clearly, I can't and won't share details.

But I'll just echo some of the other posts that applaud the ticket office staff for an excellent job they did last night.
Private Message
Reply: 291 - 325
diehardmariner
March 8, 2023, 1:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from Son of Cod

I've been racking my brains trying to think of what the outlier between Debbie and the rest of the senior figures at the club could be because she seems to get a disproportionate amount of flack, but I can't for the life of me put my finger on it...

Oh c'mon!  She's top of the tree, as an employee of the club she's the most senior.  That's it.  I'm happy to take it on the chin if anyone thinks any criticism is unfair.  But let's not suggest it's anything else.
Private Message
Reply: 292 - 325
headingly_mariner
March 8, 2023, 1:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from 800

I came over for the game with another Town fan and we agreed to stay. I think the arrangement to open the ticket office until midnight or so was in case the online system went down and the chaos that might have ensued. Either way, it seems to have worked out well.

We were told everyone in line would get a ticket so there was a good spirit among those queueing. Caught up with some pals. Someone did a coffee run.

Fran (lovely lady by the way) in the ticket office had been there since 0830 and was happy to stay for as long as it took to serve everybody. There is someone who loves her job!

Completely agree that the staff were great In the ticket office, still smiling at midnight and quickly served. I just think surely there's a better way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 293 - 325
Maringer
March 8, 2023, 2:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
On the assumption that the staff in the ticket office have been paid overtime and are happy enough with it, I don't really see the cause for all the fuss.

No good way of fitting a pint into a half-pint pot so there were always going to be some who wanted tickets who couldn't get them. Beginning sales at 10pm seems a bit bizarre, but at least gives people without internet access the ability to try and get one while they are in the vicinity of the ground.

I suppose the CEO could have hung around sipping tea until the last person left in the early hours to remain as a figurehead, but really, what would be the point? I'd hope the club is well-enough organised that the people running the ticket office can deal with any eventualities. No need for the CEO to be grafting on the coalface.

Just a shame that the draw wasn't for a bigger ground where all this wouldn't have been so much of an issue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 294 - 325
MrThirsty
March 8, 2023, 2:22pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +236
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Completely agree that the staff were great In the ticket office, still smiling at midnight and quickly served. I just think surely there's a better way.

Spot on. Over many year I’ve found the staff helpful, friendly and efficient.
As an aside I would be curious to know what the split is between office sales and online sales.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 295 - 325
Mappers
March 8, 2023, 3:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,492
Gold Stars: 120
Christ is Debbie Cook the new Antoine Currier ,Efete or Stace Caldicott ?
Seems to be the newest easy target on here and twitter ;seems to be doing an adequate job for what will be a relatively moderate salary with a lot of responsibility .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 296 - 325
HertsGTFC
March 8, 2023, 3:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
Out of interest, where does Debbie live?

Not a stalker or owt, but thinking she may have had a long drive home?

I might be wrong but I think it's out Donny way, I know she wasn't local when she joined.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 297 - 325
March 8, 2023, 3:31pm
Guest User
So typical of some people on this forum, they have to have something to moan about.  If it's not PH, JS, AP or the players or staff then they will always find someone or something else to moan about.
Reply: 298 - 325
pizzzza
March 8, 2023, 3:54pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from ginnywings

Not a stalker or owt

That's exactly what a stalker would say when asking where somebody lives
Private Message
Reply: 299 - 325
33 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickets on Sale from 10pm tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.