Brighton Parking

This thread currently has 1,968 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Wainmans Gloves
March 8, 2023, 10:58am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +31
I wondered what everyone was doing about Brighton parking-i have managed to get a space at Lewes station and was hoping they only sell till they sell out? Any thoughts or ideas welcome
Logged Offline
Private Message
Lost in Lincoln
March 8, 2023, 11:12am
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
The Brighton chap on here said theres plenty of street parking in Lewes.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 17
C0cky
March 8, 2023, 11:29am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +1
Quoted from Wainmans Gloves
I wondered what everyone was doing about Brighton parking-i have managed to get a space at Lewes station and was hoping they only sell till they sell out? Any thoughts or ideas welcome

I looked at this.  If you look at the terms and conditions, you've not reserved a space, you've just pre paid for one.  If the car park is full when you get there you won't be able to park.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
Brighton Rock Pod
March 8, 2023, 11:37am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
I’d advise getting there early to park at Lewes station. It will fill up well before kick off, perhaps by 12.30/45? Parking is normally a prob elsewhere in the town but being a Sunday should hopefully be a lot easier

If anyone is thinking of pay parking in or near central Brighton I would strongly advise against it unless you are independently wealthy! That’s unless you’ve managed to secure a driveway space using the parking apps.

One option might be to park as you get to Brighton in Patcham (north of town on way in from the A23. Can bus it to town for drinks and then get the local train with the majority. Bus should be free for match ticket holders too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
lukeo
March 8, 2023, 12:17pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I'm staying in Eastbourne so was going to hover around until 12ish then try Lewe train station
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
nigelh
March 8, 2023, 1:11pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +35
Quoted from Brighton Rock Pod
... park as you get to Brighton in Patcham (north of town on way in from the A23).

That's my patch. There's not an awful lot of street parking as it's residential.
It's also a bit of a trek on a 5 or 5A into town before a walk to the station.

.....................n
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 8, 2023, 1:22pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: +299
Gold Stars: 11
Lewes station and surrounding roads will be fine but obviously will fill up nearer to kick off time so no guarantees (especially as you'll probably be the largest away crowd we've had for some time)

The other option you have if you are fit and like a walk is park in Woodingdean area (lots of residential street parking) and then its a 20/30 minute country style walk (depending on your fitness levels) to the stadium. Or you could call a cab from there (in which case 5 minute trip)

Pic below

Attachment: screenshot_55_388.png
Size: 503.63 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
Hagrid
March 8, 2023, 1:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,488
Gold Stars: 537
booked to park in the NCP car park in Lewes, saturday and sunday
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
jaygy
March 8, 2023, 3:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
If parking at lewes....how easy is it to get from there to the pubs(wetherspoons I think someone said was welcoming of town fans) that will be best for us before the game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 8, 2023, 3:13pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: +299
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from jaygy
If parking at lewes....how easy is it to get from there to the pubs(wetherspoons I think someone said was welcoming of town fans) that will be best for us before the game?

easy - jump on train from lewes to Brighton station then when you come out of station literally walk in straight line down towards the Sea and Wetherspoons will be on your right as you get about 100 yards away from Seafront
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brighton Parking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.