Toothill Totty
March 11, 2023, 11:09pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -4
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I'm not scrolling through the fixtures but our pitch was award winning in recent years (2009 and 2016). Furloughing the groundsman during Covid can't have helped matters but it is definitely nowhere near that standard anymore and many fans would like to see some investment in it, which I am sure the ground staff would appreciate too.

No crap reply, you insinuated that we have had more postponements this year? How many we had more or additional to other years  you dont need to do any scrolling? Let me know if you struggle ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 71
GrimPol
March 11, 2023, 11:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I'm not scrolling through the fixtures but our pitch was award winning in recent years (2009 and 2016). Furloughing the groundsman during Covid can't have helped matters but it is definitely nowhere near that standard anymore and many fans would like to see some investment in it, which I am sure the ground staff would appreciate too.

https://gtfc.co.uk/work-on-the-pitch-has-begun/

Removing 12mm of topsoil in May for August has a lot to do with it.
Apparently its a new species of grass sawn
It only had 2 1/2 months to grow. Just follow the link.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 71
Lincspoacher
March 11, 2023, 11:22pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +302
Gold Stars: 15
Interesting link and do recall reading that.

Clearly criticising the groundsman is an issue for some and I don’t know they guy, only what I was told last few weeks from some Louth footballers who sit near us.

Hey, if that bit is not true or unfair  - then our pitch will improve and we will get back the resilient and decent surface we had before hopefully.

At the moment, it’s sub optimal though and only going to get worse I fear

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 71
ginnywings
March 11, 2023, 11:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jamesgtfc

They have invested money into the pitch for two close seasons.

The old regime furloughed the groundman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 71
Toothill Totty
March 11, 2023, 11:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -4
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Lincspoacher
Interesting link and do recall reading that.

Clearly criticising the groundsman is an issue for some and I don’t know they guy, only what I was told last few weeks from some Louth footballers who sit near us.

Hey, if that bit is not true or unfair  - then our pitch will improve and we will get back the resilient and decent surface we had before hopefully.

At the moment, it’s sub optimal though and only going to get worse I fear

UTM

Orr dear lincspoacher what a horrific reply, "some louth footballers who sit near us" you insinuated you knee what certificates the groundsman had, how the standard at London road had declined from when he took over when in actual fact he raised the standard in a 12 year stint, i could go on couldn't i but we'll leave it there, you my friend have been revealed for what you are haven't you!
Goodnight!
Goodnight god bless
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 71
jamesgtfc
March 11, 2023, 11:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ginnywings

They have invested money into the pitch for two close seasons.

The old regime furloughed the groundman.

I never accused the new regime of furloughing the ground staff.

I missed out the word "more" on the pitch investment. That cost saving we made putting them on furlough has definitely cost us more than it saved.

A gutter on the Findus would surely help that side of the pitch too?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 71
aldi_01
March 12, 2023, 7:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
An aging pitch, in an aging stadium…furloughing the groundsman has to be in the top 5 of shite decisions made by the previous idiot?

I suspect our issue this year was a shortened pre season and after that few months neglect, turning it back to how it was will take time.

Most teams lay a new pitch every single pre season, I suspect we’re entering that realm now.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 71
pontoonlew
March 12, 2023, 8:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Toothill Totty

Unfortunately fella its not is it, why is it.poor explain?
I want ball roll, bounce, goals conceded because of the pitch,  this is what it is marked on not your uneducated opinion on how it looks?  The floor is yours@

Well it is, I can see it with my own eyes. Players slipping constantly in patches where there’s no grass at all, games being played out in a poor manner because neither side can string together a number of passes.

I know the club (and by the sounds of it, you) are doing everything you can and nobody is slagging you off for it, but please don’t deny the obvious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 71
Lincspoacher
March 12, 2023, 4:16pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +302
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Toothill Totty

Orr dear lincspoacher what a horrific reply, "some louth footballers who sit near us" you insinuated you knee what certificates the groundsman had, how the standard at London road had declined from when he took over when in actual fact he raised the standard in a 12 year stint, i could go on couldn't i but we'll leave it there, you my friend have been revealed for what you are haven't you!
Goodnight!
Goodnight god bless

Thank you Martin  - now sort the pitch out lad and perhaps less time online  

Let’s translate all these qualifications to a better pitch.

You do that, and I will be the first to congratulate you and your team and say well done.

Till then, I am entitled to say the pitch is crap and pass on that it needs to improve.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 71
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 13, 2023, 5:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from aldi_01
An aging pitch, in an aging stadium…furloughing the groundsman has to be in the top 5 of shite decisions made by the previous idiot?

I suspect our issue this year was a shortened pre season and after that few months neglect, turning it back to how it was will take time.

Most teams lay a new pitch every single pre season, I suspect we’re entering that realm now.

The Top 5 shite decisions Fenty made...that's a new thread in itself.

Newell
Holloway
Furloughing the groundsman
Asking a convicted fraudster to invest
Gambling that the season would get cancelled so signing pub players
Jolley
Banning Radio Humberside

And the list goes on.....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Blundell Park pitch

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.