Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Sutton?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 153 Guests

Team for Sutton?

This thread currently has 6,130 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
March 14, 2023, 1:49pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,722
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Poojah

Not sure if Gallacher is fit or not, but if he is I wouldn’t be surprised to see him feature somewhere, along with Wearne and Essel at some point.

Gallacher still injured according to the OS.

https://gtfc.co.uk/preview-vs-sutton-united-a/

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 71
Poojah
March 14, 2023, 1:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from Les Brechin

Gallacher still injured according to the OS.

https://gtfc.co.uk/preview-vs-sutton-united-a/

Fúck him, then.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 71
Marshy634
March 14, 2023, 3:37pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: -36
Gold Stars: 1
I dont get this fringe players it first teamers? The majority of the squad has been involved in sone great performances and great results. 1 bad performances everyone jumps on a individual and singles them out. The last 2 performances havent been great 😂 for the ‘ first teamers ‘. We got lucky a southampton as VAR won. Think we need to concentrate on the leauge form as it hasnt been great.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 71
diehardmariner
March 14, 2023, 4:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
Even if we won 10 of our last 13 games in the league, that would see us finish on 72 points.  I'm not convinced that would be enough for the play-offs.  Nor are we, in all honesty, good enough to get that level of form and consistency anyway.

Pulling a result out the bag at Brighton is really unlikely, but if it happens it's an absolute game changer for this club in every possible sense.  Let's take away the fact that we, a fourth tier club, would be in the semi-finals of the most iconic club cup competition in the world, arguably in the whole sporting world never mind just football.  But financially and in terms of profile I couldn't even begin to imagine what that would do for this club.  It would a completely different stratosphere to what we currently dream about.

Even with those 17-1 odds that are currently on offer with some bookmakers, they look favourable compared to what would be needed to make something of this league season. Beating Brighton is more likely than us going on some mental run over the next 13 games to get in the play-offs...to then have to beat two sides who have been good all season to achieve promotion.  We're talking cup final form for 16 consecutive games.

intercourse the league.  All in on Sunday.  I wanna see Town in the drawer or the semi-finals.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 71
toontown
March 14, 2023, 5:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Marshy634
I dont get this fringe players it first teamers? The majority of the squad has been involved in sone great performances and great results. 1 bad performances everyone jumps on a individual and singles them out. The last 2 performances havent been great 😂 for the ‘ first teamers ‘. We got lucky a southampton as VAR won. Think we need to concentrate on the leauge form as it hasnt been great.

Genuinely no idea what this is trying to say!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 71
toontown
March 14, 2023, 5:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Agree with all that. We have very little on our side by way of advantages over Brighton, but the fact they have an attritional game against Palace tomorrow night is one of them.

We have to use every tool we’ve got on Sunday to stand even the remotest of chances, and if that means getting thumped at Sutton then so be it. I’d be surprised if we saw more than 2 or 3 outfield players who Hurst intends to start at the weekend line up tonight, which probably means reverting to something more akin to a 4-3-3.

Crocombe

Efete  Smith  Maher  Amos

Hunt  Morris  Khouri

O’Neill  Lloyd  Dickson-Peters

Not sure if Gallacher is fit or not, but if he is I wouldn’t be surprised to see him feature somewhere, along with Wearne and Essel at some point.

Khan for DP I would think which makes it a stronger side and gives Khan some needed minutes. DP can replace him after an hour or so so he's not too tired and gives DP a bit of experience too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 71
Poojah
March 14, 2023, 5:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from toontown

Khan for DP I would think which makes it a stronger side and gives Khan some needed minutes. DP can replace him after an hour or so so he's not too tired and gives DP a bit of experience too.

My initial thinking was that Khan might be needed at Brighton, but it’s a fair point - if anything he probably needs some minutes under his belt.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 71
toontown
March 14, 2023, 5:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

My initial thinking was that Khan might be needed at Brighton, but it’s a fair point - if anything he probably needs some minutes under his belt.

Aren't Sutton a land of the giants team? I  which case a 3 at the back with smith Pearson maher might appeal to Hurst.

To be honest though he seems extremely reluctant to use Pearson now, even at times I would have thought he would. I do hope he rests Waterfall altogether tho despite this being just the sort of game that calls for him, and unfortunately I can see him being used for that reason.

Incidentally surely scannell has to get on the pitch tonight, why have we continued to employ him if not to at least give some other players 20 minutes downtime if needed, the likes of Khan say who could be needed Wednesday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 71
It Bites
March 14, 2023, 5:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from toontown

Genuinely no idea what this is trying to say!

He lost me ...... That takes some doing 😂😂😂
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 71
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 14, 2023, 6:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from diehardmariner
Even if we won 10 of our last 13 games in the league, that would see us finish on 72 points.  I'm not convinced that would be enough for the play-offs.  Nor are we, in all honesty, good enough to get that level of form and consistency anyway.

Pulling a result out the bag at Brighton is really unlikely, but if it happens it's an absolute game changer for this club in every possible sense.  Let's take away the fact that we, a fourth tier club, would be in the semi-finals of the most iconic club cup competition in the world, arguably in the whole sporting world never mind just football.  But financially and in terms of profile I couldn't even begin to imagine what that would do for this club.  It would a completely different stratosphere to what we currently dream about.

Even with those 17-1 odds that are currently on offer with some bookmakers, they look favourable compared to what would be needed to make something of this league season. Beating Brighton is more likely than us going on some mental run over the next 13 games to get in the play-offs...to then have to beat two sides who have been good all season to achieve promotion.  We're talking cup final form for 16 consecutive games.

intercourse the league.  All in on Sunday.  I wanna see Town in the drawer or the semi-finals.

Even if we did beat Notts County we'd have to play Wrexham at home and probably Solihull in the final.....it's never going to happen.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Sutton?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.