1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
March 16, 2023, 9:38am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Still places available on the hotel package trip leaving Saturday £109 pp if anyone is struggling with transport or trains. Luxury coach with full hostess service and individual entertainment screens
Logged Offline
Private Message
golfer
March 16, 2023, 12:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
All pensioners with bus passes - If you set off now you can travel the whole journey with your free bus pass arriving at the match with plenty of time to go to the toilet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Les Brechin
March 16, 2023, 1:37pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,722
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from golfer
All pensioners with bus passes - If you set off now you can travel the whole journey with your free bus pass arriving at the match with plenty of time to go to the toilet.

I remember when the DVLA revoked my driving licence on medical grounds and I had a bus pass I managed to visit a friend in York a couple of times for free but that was just The Humber Flyer to Hull and then an East Yorkshire bus from Hull to York.

I wonder if it would be possible to get from Grimsby to Brighton for free using just local buses.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
rancido
March 16, 2023, 1:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,654
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Les Brechin

I remember when the DVLA revoked my driving licence on medical grounds and I had a bus pass I managed to visit a friend in York a couple of times for free but that was just The Humber Flyer to Hull and then an East Yorkshire bus from Hull to York.

I wonder if it would be possible to get from Grimsby to Brighton for free using just local buses.

It must be possible but it could take a couple of days and involve a B&B along the way.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 16, 2023, 1:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Les Brechin

You’d have thought so wouldn’t you. Might take an age to get there, but I think every council run bus HAS to offer the free bus to owners of a valid travel pass

Attachment: 79ef94be1f6142b889ee77b8ff0467b5_1355.jpeg
Size: 31.30 KB

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
ginnywings
March 16, 2023, 4:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Looked at going with Coach Innovations, but the tripadvisor reviews for the hotel are some of the worst I have ever seen, so I'm going on the day with Soccer Express.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
crusty ole pie
March 16, 2023, 4:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from ginnywings
Looked at going with Coach Innovations, but the tripadvisor reviews for the hotel are some of the worst I have ever seen, so I'm going on the day with Soccer Express.

Never look at trip adviser only people with a gripe post on it for 50 quid what do people expect as long as the beds clean and the shower works am fine if it’s not may post on trip advisor laugh out loud
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
HertsGTFC
March 16, 2023, 4:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Never look at trip adviser only people with a gripe post on it for 50 quid what do people expect as long as the beds clean and the shower works am fine if it’s not may post on trip advisor laugh out loud

We booked into the Britannia hotel in Brighton the Christmas before Covid and it was slated on Trip advisor when we got there the reviews where pretty accurate but it was clean and 1/4 of the price of any other hotel on the front so arguably you get what you pay for.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coach innovation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.