Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No new stadium
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 144 Guests

No new stadium

This thread currently has 17,894 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Yarborough Vaults
March 18, 2023, 4:26pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
This is the only thing that marks the new owners down for me. We are in desperate need of a new stadium and as much as I love BP and the memories it's a really poor place to visit in terms of facilities.

The Freemo option was really exciting when it was announced and a genuine shame it hasn't happened there. It would lift that whole area.

Trying to rebuild BP is just papering over the cracks. Let's build new, and build it modern. I really hope the owners don't continue down the same route as the previous regime on this point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 194
The Caterham Mariner
March 18, 2023, 4:28pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
Buy up all the houses along harrington Street that back on to BP, torch the main stand and build a new big stand in the same vein as the Findus, maybe even as big as to go over Harrington Street with a vehicle tunnel underneath. That could add many thousand seats.

HHmm " Torch the Main Stand!"...
Words fail me my first stand as a kid before i was deemed old enough to stand in the Pontoon when it was the Pontoon before the days of seating.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 194
Mappers
March 18, 2023, 4:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,491
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from jamesgtfc
A few points to consider.

If we were to build a new stadium somewhere else, what should the capacity be to start with and what should it's potential capacity be?

If we were to expand BP as much as we possibly could, what could the capacity be?

How much would each of those options cost the club, taking away any grants/other means of funding?

- starting capacity around 12k for me not too big that theres no atmosphere , potential to be 20k ish
- i have no idea about BP
- it woule be 40 or 50 mil + now for a new one at least i think .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 194
Mappers
March 18, 2023, 4:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults
This is the only thing that marks the new owners down for me. We are in desperate need of a new stadium and as much as I love BP and the memories it's a really poor place to visit in terms of facilities.

The Freemo option was really exciting when it was announced and a genuine shame it hasn't happened there. It would lift that whole area.

Trying to rebuild BP is just papering over the cracks. Let's build new, and build it modern. I really hope the owners don't continue down the same route as the previous regime on this point.

Tbh the previous custodian if anything was over obsessed with relocation ,to the point everything else decayed beyond repair on a pipe dreams ; no danger of that with the  current primary funders in the building .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 194
White_shorts
March 18, 2023, 4:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Zmariner
Went to the MKM for the first time this week, I know this is a good one but what a different experience. I see we will never be able to afford a new ground but it will always be a terribly limiting factor for the club utm

A housing developer can afford construction of a new stadium.  The club will pay rent as tenants.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/3800-homes-shops-primary-school-5443612

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 194
The Caterham Mariner
March 18, 2023, 5:38pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Mappers

- starting capacity around 12k for me not too big that theres no atmosphere , potential to be 20k ish
- i have no idea about BP
- it woule be 40 or 50 mil + now for a new one at least i think .

Colchester's ground  to big no atmosphere comes to mind ground capacity is something to take into consideration definitely.
BP a serious revamp we can talk about it but to
do it seriously  as i am not an accountant or arcitect  i will have to listen to advice not give it
Unless i win the euro millions then i will invest.
We all have a dream
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 194
rancido
March 18, 2023, 6:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 101
Well I have read the whole article in the G.E.T and unless I have missed something there is no indication that the club do not want a new ground. Yes, they said they are no longer interested in the Freeman Street site and quote " They decided at the moment that they ( GTFC) want to stay at Blundell Park and make improvements there". That doesn't mean the club don't want a new ground but , and this been repeated several times by the new regime, it is not a priority and is on the back burner.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 194
Mappers
March 18, 2023, 8:11pm
Champagne Drinker

Colchester's ground  to big no atmosphere comes to mind ground capacity is something to take into consideration definitely.
BP a serious revamp we can talk about it but to
do it seriously  as i am not an accountant or arcitect  i will have to listen to advice not give it
Unless i win the euro millions then i will invest.
We all have a dream
UTM

Yeah Colchester is awful i went once a few years ago a bit of a walk from the town to the ground and a car park with a souless stadium thats 1/3 full ,think it only holds 10k but for them its too big

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 194
HertsGTFC
March 18, 2023, 8:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults
This is the only thing that marks the new owners down for me.

I’m sure they’ll be gutted….

What exactly did you expect them to do in just over 2 years, help get the club promoted back to the EFL at the first attempt? Or was it stop the standard 1 year deal policy, or was it massively lift engagement you could have really over expected them to help Paul and the lads to get to the 6th round of the cup?

None of the above I suspect but you sound like you’re expecting them to find what £30 million or similar when we haven’t got 1,000 locked out every week.

Maybe it’s me but I don’t get the rationale about regurgitating the same old sh1t on a thread when JS & AP have been clear on the plan. In reality like the posters on here I haven’t got a f****g clue what it would take to build a new ground but if JS says it’s not right I trust his word.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 194
HertsGTFC
March 18, 2023, 8:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from White_shorts

A housing developer can afford construction of a new stadium.  The club will pay rent as tenants.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/3800-homes-shops-primary-school-5443612

So if a developer bought BP and built houses on it do you honestly believe there is enough space to build enough to fund a stadium from the profit.

In terms of renting a new stadium that’s another non starter as you need full control to make money from it 7 days a week and ensure it’s truly a community use asset. It’s a bonkers idea that.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 194
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No new stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.